Author Topic: Ryan Fryatt  (Read 2118 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Ryan Fryatt
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2020, 07:26:01 PM »
Maybe it is deemed that Ryan is a more deserving case of a collection that Michael Clunan.  I guess Clunan wasnít in need of a private treatment and was dealt with on the NHS. 

Still think the Club should be doing more than a bucket collection. 

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2020, 10:30:59 PM »
Going private for an Op isnít cheap.  I guess the waiting list on NHS would have been months.   

Hope the bucket collection raises a good few quid for the lad.  Mark, couldnt the Club put on some kind of fund raiser to help Ryan as well ?  After all he was injured giving his all for the Club?  Now you are full time Iím sure you would have the time to put a little something together.

Nothing against Ryan at all but I would hope Mark has better things to do with his time and any 'money raising ideas' have to go to the club first and foremost.  Maybe if an individual fan wanted to do something along the lines suggested by B&G then fair enough that would be between them and Ryan but the club is clearly short of volunteers to run it's 'own' fundraising at present. 

I personally don't think the club should be drawn into raising money for individual players as where do you set the bar on 'deserving cases'?  For example, Michael Clunan has been out for a good while now too.

Got to disagree here with the idea that fundraising should go to the club first and foremost. The manís played 9 years for the club, and needs support from the supporters. Those saying surely he had sufficient insurance in place to cover his losses; the existence of the collection would appear to negate that proposition. The club succeeding is great, but if weíre to be a community club, that involves caring for the community at the club.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 09:22:02 AM »
Agree L L, the fans ideally should show the same spirit amongst themselves and with the squad, that the management and squad share. Nothing is more important than the players within the squad...they are the ones that have got the club where it is.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2020, 11:30:33 AM »
I feel I have opened a can of worms by my initial reply.

However, what are the facts/factors behind the decision that Ryan Fryatt's circumstances are deserving of financial support by means of a bucket collection?

Already mentioned has been Michael Clunan and there have been and are other players who have been/are "out of action" for some time. Are their circumstances different?

Whoever started this Bucket Collection needs to justify rather than just start it up. A little forethought would have negated all this speculation, argument and counter-argument.

Prior - Planning -and - Preparation - Prevents - Poor - Performance  :oldman"
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
Many sportsmen take out insurance to cover them for injury,and normally the premium they pay would cover the short term injury? Many policies will only cover up to a certain amount,and maybe his insurance has reached the limit? Being a sportsman it is very difficult to judge what cover you would need? :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2020, 12:46:49 PM »
WLM, I feel you made a fair point.
Clubs generally are quite poor in providing updates on injuries. It would be nice to get updates on them more often eg how is Micheal Clunan getting on....and certainly if there is to be a collection, then sufficient detail needs to be "out there"

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2020, 01:19:29 PM »
Clubs generally are quite poor in providing updates on injuries. It would be nice to get updates on them more often eg how is Micheal Clunan getting on....and certainly if there is to be a collection, then sufficient detail needs to be "out there"

Thanks KES80.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »

Thanks KES80.

:clap:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 05:41:19 PM »