Author Topic: Ryan Fryatt  (Read 2167 times)

GrahamB

• View Profile
Ryan Fryatt
« on: January 30, 2020, 10:35:27 AM »
There will be a bucket collection for Ryan at Saturdays home game, following his knee surgery last week.

If attending PLEASE give generously  :scarf:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Ryan Fryatt
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 01:48:35 PM »
Firstly, may I say I am not a kill-joy or stingy - I have donated to 4 Pitch Squares, put £20 in the Pitch Covers and regularly buy 2 50/50 tickets and have a Season Ticket.

There seems to be a distinct lack of information about players and their injuries. Yes, we know Ryan Fryatt has been out injured for some time but hardly a mention of what happened, what the actual problem is, what treatment or operation and how he is progressing. Also what hardships he is suffering due to his injury.

Yet a bucket is to be passed around to collect donations. For what reason  :dontknow:

If we were to be given much more information and some background factors there might be more sympathy and generosity.

If someone came up to you in town and put a bucket under your nose you would want to know what its all about - I doubt you would just throw money into the pot without a reason.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 02:36:24 PM »
Have to agree with this especially if the football club are still paying his wages,which we don't know.As regards the injury Culverhouse said in one of his recent post match interviews he had an operation on his knee.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2020, 02:47:19 PM »
I guess as he is going to be off work 5/6 weeks with a "football injury" this is to help him financially and as he is one of our own. But everyone to their own!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 03:02:51 PM »
Surely heíll have insurance ? How about clunan , smithy etc I know not as long term but must be covered some home at this level , Iíll donate but my initial thought was as above posts .   

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 03:50:40 PM »
I thought Ryan was on contract so presume he is still receiving his wages. Plus Insurance money against injury and maybe SSP.  Think the Club should advise of any hardship the lad
Is suffering with.  Just to put it out there that a bucket collection is taking place does seem a bit random.

Mark ? 

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 03:58:45 PM »
Ryan has paid for the operation on his knee to repair cartilage damage  himself, which wasn't cheap I hasten to add,  and has also had to have time off from his full time job for the operation  and other appointments. Following almost nine years service to the football club we felt a collection to assist Ryan would be looked upon favourably ..... 

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 04:21:39 PM »
Ryan has paid for the operation on his knee to repair cartilage damage  himself, which wasn't cheap I hasten to add,  and has also had to have time off from his full time job for the operation  and other appointments. Following almost nine years service to the football club we felt a collection to assist Ryan would be looked upon favourably .....

There, that wasn't hard was it?

Ryan has been a good servant to the Club and it is at times like this that help can be asked for and given - If we know why.

I keep telling my manager "Don't tell me to do something - Give me a reason why as well and I am more likely to do the job without moaning and telling you to FO".

It is not "Jump" and expect me just to jump without knowing why.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2020, 04:22:04 PM »
Thanks for the update Mark, my sentiments exactly hence I posted as I did. I hope our "supporters" support, Ryan has been outstanding for the club and was building a great relationship with Rory until injured and IMO has been missed.  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2020, 05:03:24 PM »
Going private for an Op isnít cheap.  I guess the waiting list on NHS would have been months.   

Hope the bucket collection raises a good few quid for the lad.  Mark, couldnt the Club put on some kind of fund raiser to help Ryan as well ?  After all he was injured giving his all for the Club?  Now you are full time Iím sure you would have the time to put a little something together.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2020, 05:17:37 PM »
Going private for an Op isnít cheap.  I guess the waiting list on NHS would have been months.   

Hope the bucket collection raises a good few quid for the lad.  Mark, couldnt the Club put on some kind of fund raiser to help Ryan as well ?  After all he was injured giving his all for the Club? 

That's not a bad idea. Club and Supporters doing something together!

How about a draw for a VIP day for two, signed shirt etc?

:scarf:

Other suggestions?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »

Hope the bucket collection raises a good few quid for the lad.  Mark, couldnt the Club put on some kind of fund raiser to help Ryan as well ?  After all he was injured giving his all for the Club?  Now you are full time Iím sure you would have the time to put a little something together.

Nothing against Ryan at all but I would hope Mark has better things to do with his time and any 'money raising ideas' have to go to the club first and foremost.  Maybe if an individual fan wanted to do something along the lines suggested by B&G then fair enough that would be between them and Ryan but the club is clearly short of volunteers to run it's 'own' fundraising at present. 

I personally don't think the club should be drawn into raising money for individual players as where do you set the bar on 'deserving cases'?  For example, Michael Clunan has been out for a good while now too.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2020, 07:07:16 PM »

.................. the club is clearly short of volunteers to run it's 'own' fundraising at present. 

I wasn't aware of that.   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2020, 07:10:18 PM »
Maybe a joint initiative form the Trust/FOTL,another popular quiz maybe? :dontknow:
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2020, 07:18:45 PM »
I personally don't think the club should be drawn into raising money for individual players as where do you set the bar on 'deserving cases'?  For example, Michael Clunan has been out for a good while now too.

That is a fair point to make.

Also, do we know that any financial help is required any way?

Surely a semi professional footballer has an income protection policy in place, and likewise with the Club, they have a hospital/medical plan in place for such a valuable asset as Ryan!  :dontknow: