Author Topic: Squad  (Read 922 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Squad
« on: February 01, 2020, 11:35:40 AM »
With the two new arrivals increasing competition within the squad are the next three games (against currently bottom 4 opposition) an opportunity for IC to rotate / tinker a little bit to make sure that a) those lads that were looking a bit leggy over Christmas get a break and also b) everyone within the squad gets a bit of game time and stays sharp for the run in?  I appreciate all games are important and no-one we play is going to just roll over to help our promotion bid but we now have so much quality I think there may be some scope to rotate before the two big away trips to Chester and Altrincham later in the month. 

Obviously the new lad up front needs some minutes and whilst Gash has been huge for us this season, I don't think it would hurt to give the big man a rest, likewise perming any two from Henderson, Power, Carey, Kelly and Hawkins will still create plenty of chances in most games and now might be an opportunity to let Richards rest his hamstring or give Jarvis a bit of a break before the final 'big push'.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Squad
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 01:21:48 PM »
Yes, a chance to get some Game time into the likes of:

Carey, Power, Southwell, Kelly and Payne.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 01:31:04 PM »
I dont think IC would risk of losing the momentum and winning feeling. They might get extra minutes as subs , but I think IC would always start with a winning 11 IMO

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:12:18 PM »
I dont think IC would risk of losing the momentum and winning feeling. They might get extra minutes as subs , but I think IC would always start with a winning 11 IMO

Well, no such worries now for the Gloucester game.  Still think some of the 'automatics' have been struggling lately and its down to IC to get the team back to playing the brand of football that has got us to this position.  Today hasn't made us a bad team but is maybe a wake up call that we still have to be on it against any opposition in this league.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 07:44:23 PM »
IC has been telling everyone for weeks that we are basically punching above our weight.  Today showed he wasn’t wrong.  Big reality check. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 09:10:45 PM »
Anyone know if Kelly is fully fit now ?
He was an automatic pick before his injury.
Think Lynn will need to get the most out of him and Southwell and Hawkins and Ward and Carey,and the 2 Norwich loanees as well as the rest of the current starting 11, to win the league... everyone needs to be firing on all cylinders. That might mean giving them a bit more game time going forward (?)