Author Topic: Well, who saw that coming.  (Read 2098 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Well, who saw that coming.
« on: February 01, 2020, 06:30:05 PM »
Bad day at the office without a doubt.  We were poor from the first minute.  Never strung anything together.  At half time IC could have permed any 3 from about 8 to take off.  We looked lethargic, almost disinterested. 

Having said all of that the season these players have given us then we can accept one off day.  York winning has made it all that much closer at the top.  Next Saturday we need our good friends and rivals to do us a big favour.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Well, who saw that coming.
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 06:43:13 PM »
A lacklustre performance and I'm sure the players are feeling jaded as well. Only Michael Gash played anywhere near their usual standard. Adam Marriott was very quiet but he did not get the service needed. Chris Henderson was closed down quickly and nothing went right for him or the team in the first half.

Not surprised that IC subbed Hendo but Nathan Fox was not that bad to warrant being swopped. However, the introduction of Ryan Hawkins and putting Steven Power out on the wings gave better service into the box. The packed defence and good goalkeeping denied us any clear chances. Kidderminster relied on the tried and tested attack on the break and it worked in the first half and might have been more dangerous in the 2nd.

Very disappointing but we must learn from it.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 07:08:06 PM »
Thought the subs smacked of panic and we basically lost any sort of shape or ability to really move the ball second half, yes we had a few more chances but Kidderminster were happy to soak up the long balls which they dealt with pretty well all day.  So the run at the Walks is over and whilst they may not have been the best side we have had visit us, I think they fully deserved the three points today

Thought Gash was very unlucky not to get man of the match vs York but not sure he got it today (maybe the selection panel were as confused as me at getting a York programme but being unable to get a Kidderminster one today!), for me it was either Jones or Smith but picking from a pretty small pool of players who played anything like their level. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2020, 07:22:48 PM »
1600 plus there today. Slightly surprised it wasn't closer to 2000.

Did the road closure have a negative impact on size of today's gate?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2020, 07:29:50 PM »
In Fairness Tony we might as well got done 4 in an attempt to get back into the game.  So I get by IC went Gung Ho in the 2nd half.  Thought our midfield ( Richards apart) were poor in the extreme.  Never created anything and never picked their runners up.  All about opinions, I thought Jones had a poor game and for me MOTM for Lynn was McAuley.

As for the programme SC was appealing for anyone who knew of 30 acres of land for training facilities.  Poacher turned Game keeper as I thought SC was previously into selling land not buying it! :countingmoney:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2020, 07:35:10 PM »

As for the programme SC was appealing for anyone who knew of 30 acres of land for training facilities.  Poacher turned Game keeper as I thought SC was previously into selling land not buying it! :countingmoney:

:laughcry:

Yep, you would have thought he had enough contacts in the Land game without having to appeal to supporters on this one.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2020, 07:42:27 PM »
Another thought on the game today.   The wind was swirling around which maybe things difficult also of course the pitch wasnít at its best.  One other issue that seemed to effect the Lynn players was the pressure of some of the balls.  Which they seem to think were overinflated

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2020, 08:18:12 PM »
Another thought on the game today.   The wind was swirling around which maybe things difficult also of course the pitch wasnít at its best.  One other issue that seemed to effect the Lynn players was the pressure of some of the balls.  Which they seem to think were overinflated
:oldman"  :farmer:    Same for both teams.     :farmer: :oldman"  Beaten by a better team on the day, now to string another run of performances together, if we can do this promotion is still well and truly obtainable. :oldman"  :farmer:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2020, 09:46:37 AM »
Keep Positive.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2020, 10:08:33 AM »
Always respect ICís judgement, but the game is as you see it, and I thought the changes missed a point today.  Kidderminster defended so well - sometimes all 10 forming a forest of legs.  So there were no gaps all day.  This meant Power, Hendo, etc, had no field to run into.  Then Hawkins came on, who was always going to run into the same problem.  So we went long, and they were the masters there as well. and they rendered MG as ineffectual.  What, IMO, it needed, while they were defending in depth, was a short but clever ball through a tiny gap....and the man to supply it would have been Sam Kelly.  Still, need a resounding bounce back at Gloucester - and, of course, we have the team to do it.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2020, 10:09:03 AM »
Keep Positive.
Thatís the thing to do , weíve been spoilt and forget thatís the first defeat in 14/15 games in the league
For me it was just the manner of the defeat after the last home game v York , think complacency had set in ... it may be just the wake up call to realise never underestimate anyone . In IC I trust and weíll go again starting at Gloucester... and hopefully after Boston have done us a favour  :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2020, 10:59:27 AM »
Keep Positive.
Thatís the thing to do , weíve been spoilt and forget thatís the first defeat in 14/15 games in the league
For me it was just the manner of the defeat after the last home game v York , think complacency had set in ... it may be just the wake up call to realise never underestimate anyone . In IC I trust and weíll go again starting at Gloucester... and hopefully after Boston have done us a favour  :scarf:

Blu, are you sure you didn't forget to untie Marriottt and let him out of your shed yesterday?  :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2020, 11:00:40 AM »
Kidderminster werenít one of the better teams to come to The Walks, but once they went a goal up it gave them something to scrap for. The 2nd goal going in was game over.  We had so many players not at the races yesterday.   Was it fatigue ? Was it attitude ? Just never happened for us.  Even the 7-8/ 10 players like Jarv dipped way under that level. 

Big wake up call for everyone, players, fans etc.   If we donít put the 100% in then we will get beat.  Shame itís 9 days to the next game, as the players will want to put it right.

By the time we play again we could well be knocked off the top spot as York seem to be hitting a decent bit of form.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 11:10:01 AM »
Keep Positive.

Blu, are you sure you didn't forget to untie Marriottt and let him out of your shed yesterday?  :dontknow:

:laughcry: still canít find the keys for padlock, heíll be there for Gloucester 10 days to find them

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2020, 11:13:52 AM »
No, donít think our attitude was to blame.  I think we played to their strengths, plus they have a good side forming now. Their strengths were crowding and therefore denying space and ďfield availabilityĒ, and easily mastering the long balls hoisted at them when we got a bit desperate.  Plus, of course, they were very good on the break.