Author Topic: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Phase 2  (Read 2509 times)

Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Phase 2
« on: February 02, 2020, 03:32:56 PM »
The Trust is pleased to announce that once again it will be raising funds to help the club meet any ground grading requirements should they achieve a remarkable second successive promotion.
For details and how to donate please click on the donations thermometer on the home page.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Ground Development Fund (GDF) – Phase 2
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 05:55:02 PM »
Will this be in support of the Chairman’s ambition to add more barriers and to put a roof on The Tennyson Road end ?

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 08:34:30 PM »
Will this be in support of the Chairman’s ambition to add more barriers and to put a roof on The Tennyson Road end ?

All explained here Mallard.

https://www.thelinnets.co.uk/gdf.php

Linnet64

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 09:50:44 PM »
Its very interesting seeing the changes.
Turnstiles still awaiting being put in at the Hospital/Seven Sisters End. New pitch at the end of this season and still more planned - all adding a bit of character back to the ground after I felt too much was taken away in the Chapman era and made the ground sterile.
Not sure we need to add too much more until we can regularly get 2,500 at a home game, although some advertising boards on those sterile railings infront of ther South Stand would be great. I may have to do one and request it is put east of the home dug out  :countingmoney: :scarf: :scarf:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 02:50:58 PM »
Does this mean we can look forward to another joint organised quiz?  :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 04:53:55 PM »
Griss did you win the last one ?  You seem keen to get the next one on.

How much did it raise ?

On the subject of money raising, how much did the bucket Collection for Ryan raise on Saturday ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 06:01:58 PM »
I didn't win the last one, contrary to all that is said I'm not a know all.   :sinking: :laughcry: :laughcry: I think there are a few who would like another one, the last one I believe raised nearly £500. :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Brad94

• KLTFC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 06:38:17 PM »
I didn't win the last one, contrary to all that is said I'm not a know all.   :sinking: :laughcry: :laughcry: I think there are a few who would like another one, the last one I believe raised nearly £500. :scarf:

Get it organised Griss, stick me down for a team 👍🏼🤓

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 07:49:25 PM »
Seems a no brainier if it pulls in 500 quid plus a guess decent takings behind the bar.  I’d bring a team over.  How about finding a sponsor to throw in a few quid ?  How’s about approaching YLP ?  I see the other two papers have sponsored games at The Walks this season, so maybe they would like to do something on a smaller scale ?

Does the quiz have to run through Mark or can the Trust do it off their own back ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 08:12:40 PM »
I think the last quiz was a Trust/FOTL collaboration? :scarf: :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2020, 02:38:30 PM »

Griss, the last Quiz was a Trust event, with the co-operation of the Chairman.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2020, 08:15:10 PM »

Griss, the last Quiz was a Trust event, with the co-operation of the Chairman.

Well maybe the next one could be a joint venture? Far bigger circle of volunteers to help with raffle prize contributions etc? Could pave the way for many other joint ventures? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2020, 08:28:10 PM »
We’ll surely someone will take ownership of the event and get things moving.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 12:47:35 PM »
Just an idea.

As there will be no gate receipts today, how about contributing part of the money you would have been paying, to the Ground Development Fund?

I know the game is only postponed, meaning that the cost of entry will have to be paid when the game is rearranged, but just an idea that some may be interested in.

:scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!