Author Topic: Chester v Lynn  (Read 3485 times)

NORFOLKAND LYNN

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Chester v Lynn
« on: February 16, 2020, 05:10:23 PM »
I am planning to travel to Chester in van with friends, but as expected the weather is dreadful in Chester at the moment, when we will be informed if the match is off ? we cancelled early v Bradford yet I travelled all the way to the game against Gloucester  last week and only found out the game was off 90 mins before the game was due to start, I reckon there was about 20 -30 Lynn supporters when we got there all waste of time and money.

ian

Chester80

• View Profile
Re: Chester v Lynn
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 02:18:42 PM »
Our club are doing everything they can to get the game on

If any inspection is needed it will be an early one unlike the last one you had

Our pitch drains well so unless this latest storm has caused havoc i imagine the game will be on

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 03:03:54 PM »
That's a helpful reply chester 80  appreciated

Chester80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 07:58:22 PM »
Will be some sort of announcement tomorrow morning the Club are not going to let you travel then be told it's off

Only a small few games we have lost at home and that was mainly due to snow and frost

If it was that bad it would of been off today

Enjoyed my visit earlier in the season your fans were very welcoming in the pub near the ground and the bar staff laid on food

Let's home of a repeat from the 2-2 game and another cracker

Chester80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 09:29:14 AM »
Latest update

No major concerns over pitch at present and don’t think an official inspection is planned. Has taken rain well and with just showers throughout the day it shouldn’t cause too much of a problem. As ever, great work from Baz. Hopefully we’ll be all set barring a relentless deluge.

fenlander

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 11:17:25 AM »
Thanks for the updates. Glad you were looked after when you came to us.

Chester80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 12:16:56 PM »
Game on no pitch inspection planned

Safe journey to all Linnet's fans

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 01:37:49 PM »
For those not going, Radio Norfolk are planning commentary - another away game on the radio, the club must be doing something right!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2020, 07:51:00 AM »
What a real mixed bag of emotions it was listening to that on Radio Norfolk.   With 15 mins to go we are leading 2-1 and thinking worse case scenario we will come away with a really decent point on the Road. To then concede not one but two was a real kick in the guts.

Losing a game isn’t a disaster but that’s now two on the spin and worryingly 5 goals shipped. IC now has a massive job to pick the squad up to go again on Saturday.   A defeat at Altrincham could see York move to the top and we become the hunters as opposed to the hunted.

We still have it all in our own hands and Saturday is a big day in our season.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2020, 09:25:24 AM »
Spot on !

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2020, 09:55:20 AM »
We’re still in a strong position.  However, risking it being called out as sacrilege to say so, I believe we are too slow in a couple of positions when playing away from home.  It’s usually expected to have an attacking line-up at home and a more defensive side away.  I think that’s wrong.  Yesterday’s team would have been fine at home where we dominate the play, but away we need to pin them back rather than let them come on to us.  Attack is the best form of defence, IMO. I think Carey and Southwell would have reduced Chester attacking regularity.  Always strange to me when a team brings a defender on to “tighten up”, as it says to the opponents they can come at us more !  And, where was Power ?.......

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2020, 11:11:22 AM »
Power was injured... shame as we needed his pace to give them something to worry about ...imo it showed we hadn’t played for 2 weeks , slow to react , to many crosses getting in , and passing at times was Sunday league stuff , we took our chances well but never looked comfortable... that’s football we go again a win at Altrincham and our world will be a better place .
On a another negative note was that again couple of so called lynn fans  ( out of over an amazing effort 100+ )  shamed the club and other lynn fans by smashing couple of seats late on ( 1 lad was about 12 ) we all have passion but please keep it sensible and think of the club !!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2020, 11:31:53 AM »
Good point, BB.....  disappointing nonsense like that always needs to be called out....

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2020, 11:37:58 AM »
All teams in the course of a season have to hit a flat spot and go through a poor spell of form.  Maybe this is ours.   Up to IC to pull us out of it ASAP.  Luckily we have the games in hand  to cover for this downturn.  However just as winning becomes a habit so can losing.

Over to IC to get this back on track.

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2020, 01:48:06 PM »
All teams in the course of a season have to hit a flat spot and go through a poor spell of form.  Maybe this is ours.   Up to IC to pull us out of it ASAP.  Luckily we have the games in hand  to cover for this downturn.  However just as winning becomes a habit so can losing.

Over to IC to get this back on track.
I know this may sound obvious but I really believe that the next match against Altrincham is going to very important. Two consecutive defeats will demonstrate to the rest of the league that we are not invincible. I think if we had come out of the Chester & Altrincham away fixtures with 2 draws we would have been not overly concerned. A win on Saturday would be better points-wise than the 2 draws so all is not lost (as long as we win!). We are exactly two-thirds of the way through the season with 14 matches to play (6 home + 8 away). Of the 14 remaining matches we still have to visit 5 of the 7 bottom teams but these are all away fixtures and these teams will be trying their utmost to get the points to stay in the league so these will not be as easy as they appear. Basically, we need to regain that winning habit. Easier said than done but I am confident that IC will have the boys in the right frame of mind ready for Saturday. Also, let's hope that the team to whom we lost our home record (Kidderminster) can do us a favour on Saturday at home to York.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: