Author Topic: Atrincham on Saturday POSTPONED  (Read 2146 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Atrincham on Saturday POSTPONED
« on: February 20, 2020, 01:52:41 PM »
Yet more rain in the forecast for the north west over the next couple of days which isn't likely to help us.  Big question for IC is how much he rings the changes from the side that lost at Chester, even though the winner came in injury time and he thought we gave them their goals they also had plenty of other chances on the highlights but hardly unexpected as they are a good side. 

I am not a fan of Burrows at left back but IC seems to want to shoehorn him in there, for me I would go with a back three and play wing backs, leave Richards and Alfie to sit in the middle of the park and then we have plenty of options for the front three.  I think Sonny has been unlucky to be the one sacrificed for Power and maybe Saturday might be the time to give Southwell his first start but I think you could make a case for any of the attacking options to slot in with Marriott, just need to find the right combination as maybe teams have started to work us out a bit more.

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Atrincham on Saturday POSTPONED
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 07:43:33 PM »
I think Jarvis and MG could use a rest, with Carey and Southwell in to add mor pace and goal potential.  Those two to come back in at home, but away, we must attack more and attack (and defend) with numbers.  Leipzig showed the value of a whole team of quick and slippery players- obviously we’re not their level, but we do have the personnel to play that game at OUR level.....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:55:37 AM »
Could well be in doubt AGAIN  :banghead;
Rain forecast for much of today and tomorrow in Altrincham.

Chilvers Gordon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 02:00:23 PM »
Yet more rain in the forecast for the north west over the next couple of days which isn't likely to help us.  Big question for IC is how much he rings the changes from the side that lost at Chester, even though the winner came in injury time and he thought we gave them their goals they also had plenty of other chances on the highlights but hardly unexpected as they are a good side. 

I am not a fan of Burrows at left back but IC seems to want to shoehorn him in there, for me I would go with a back three and play wing backs, leave Richards and Alfie to sit in the middle of the park and then we have plenty of options for the front three.  I think Sonny has been unlucky to be the one sacrificed for Power and maybe Saturday might be the time to give Southwell his first start but I think you could make a case for any of the attacking options to slot in with Marriott, just need to find the right combination as maybe teams have started to work us out a bit more.
[quote/Altrincham may be the biggest scorers in the league at hoem but KLTFC are the biggest away scorers so 0-0 then. NOT!
]

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 02:12:18 PM »
I heard this morning that they were planning to stay overnight. :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 02:53:13 PM »
Would think they would call Altrincham before they go....appears it's much more likely to be off than on.

Linnet64

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 06:35:47 PM »
Looking at the forecast for Altrincham, I'd be making other plans for tomorrow.  :rain: and more  :rain:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2020, 07:20:10 PM »
Could well be a another wasted trip, with the real icing on the cake being if the Chairman has paid for an overnight stay.  That’s a few K wasted. 

Who would want to own a Football on days like that

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2020, 07:27:37 PM »
Could well be a another wasted trip, with the real icing on the cake being the Chairman has paid for an overnight stay.  That’s a few K wasted. 

I have asked a Club Official if they are/were travelling tonight, but had no reply.   :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2020, 08:20:23 PM »
Could well be a another wasted trip, with the real icing on the cake being the Chairman has paid for an overnight stay.  That’s a few K wasted. 

I have asked a Club Official if they are/were travelling tonight, but had no reply.   :dontknow:

Just heard back and there had been no plans made to stay overnight in preparation for tomorrow’s game.   :scarf:

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 08:07:47 AM »
Match off  :banghead;

Another midweek game and long trip away !!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 08:33:25 AM »
Starting to think the omens are against us.   Another long midweek haul to come, added to what is becoming an overcrowded fixture list.  Was it IC or SC who ran over that black cat ?

Have a funny feeling this time next week York will be two points ahead of us with Boston just a single point behind.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 10:46:48 AM »
Starting to think the omens are against us.   Another long midweek haul to come, added to what is becoming an overcrowded fixture list.  Was it IC or SC who ran over that black cat ?

Have a funny feeling this time next week York will be two points ahead of us with Boston just a single point behind.
Have you thought of becoming a motivational speaker, Mallard?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2020, 11:46:41 AM »

Have you thought of becoming a motivational speaker, Mallard?

Stan, glad to see you back, hopefully you can be tempted back to the Walks, even if it means standing in a different location within the ground.  Mallard, as IC has said there will be plenty of bumps along the road towards the end of the season, the positive for me is that if we can get back onto a run with games coming thick and fast we can quickly secure that top three position and then push on for the title - just need IC to back his squad (all of them), we are still in a great position so lets just enjoy March for what it is.