Author Topic: End of Season Black tie dinner.  (Read 2810 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
End of Season Black tie dinner.
« on: February 22, 2020, 05:25:18 PM »
From the Club's website:

End of season dinner & Away travel update

The club are pleased to announce that the End of Season black tie dinner will take place on Saturday, May 23rd in the magnificent surroundings of the ballroom at The Duke's Head Hotel, King's Lynn.

The evening will consist of drinks on arrival and a three course dinner along with a half bottle of wine at the table. There will also be a raffle along with an auction - details of auction items will be announced in due course.

Tickets, priced at £130 are available to purchase online now at www.kltown.co.uk by following the match tickets link

Whilst there you will also see links for upcoming coach travel being provided by the club for the rest of the season.

For further information on the end of season dinner please contact Mark Hearle at mark@kltown.co.uk 

If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
Re: End of Season Black tie dinner.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 06:01:13 PM »
£130!!  a week's pension!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 06:42:05 PM »
£130!!  a week's pension!

:oldman"

:laughcry:

I agree, its an awful lot of money.

In addition to this, why a non league club would want a black tie dinner rather than a more informal event, I don't know. Just my opinion though............ I suppose its each to their own.  :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
Perhaps it is priced that high and made a black tie event to keep the oiks away who pay week in and week out to watch the team! Will the presentations be there or not? If yess it is a sack in the face for the normal fans! :red card:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 08:02:22 PM »
I thought it was a typo!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »
Perhaps it is priced that high and made a black tie event to keep the oiks away who pay week in and week out to watch the team! Will the presentations be there or not? If yess it is a sack in the face for the normal fans! :red card:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sackface

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 08:07:26 PM »

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sackface

Probable closer to the smack in the face that i meant. :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »
If you take into account that the venue will hold between 150 and 200 people that would mean takings of between £19,500 and £26,000. Take out the costs and there will be a healthy profit,a profit that he couldn't hope to match by making presentations at the club? :bankrupt:

Linnet64

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 08:44:53 PM »
Sadly not what I was expecting. Last time I went with Err in Doors, was 2004 and the marquee on the pitch. Tickets cost £30 a head and cost me about £200 for the night with drinks and taxis, but with a 3 course meal, auction, raffle, comedian and footie speaker and was an absoluetely fantastic evening.
The last meal I had at DHH last year was poor. Warm would have have made it almost edible and now £130 a head for a meal and a half bottle of vino and an auction and raffle. For me and Err in doors with formal hire, and new frock for the missus, tickets, spending money, taxis thats about £600 at the cheapest for a pretty dull sounding evening.
Sadly, will give that a miss, even though Tax deductable.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 09:13:15 PM »
Will players and staff be buying their own tickets? :dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 08:50:18 AM »
Maybe it's designed more to attract would be investors and new wealthy interest, than the average punter (?)
Something more informal, may also be arranged

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 10:15:06 AM »
Keep up Grissles.
The Chairmans vision will not be realised, by a few oik's having a Mead & Turnip night in the Blue & Gold. Mark has been given a job to do, and this is the first step. Other non league clubs have such nights. So why not Lynn.  The 4000 York gate will have opened up a few eyes, to the riches, which may be on the path to the promised land. The majority of Owners who embark on this path, are not bothered if some fans are left behind, as others will be prepared to pay more, to take their place. It happens from the Premier League downwards. If promotion is achieved you can expect all match day costs to rise, even with or without revenue from television. It will be a necessity to match the big hitters above.
Enjoy it while you can Griss. :cheers:

#Make Lynn Great Again

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »
I can forsee a time when we wil get rid of the burger vans and get posh catering trailers in, serving nicely packaged Prawn sandwiches.   :laughcry:

Linnet64

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 10:35:58 AM »
Ahh, an Hors d'oeuvres and afternoon tea trailer.
"2 Scones please, with onions!"

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 11:15:18 AM »
Ahh, an Hors d'oeuvres and afternoon tea trailer.
"2 Scones please, with onions!"

£19.50 please.

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

"Supporters, not Customers".   :scarf: