Author Topic: End of Season Black tie dinner.  (Read 2903 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: End of Season Black tie dinner.
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 12:06:43 PM »
Ahh, an Hors d'oeuvres and afternoon tea trailer.
"2 Scones please, with onions!"

£19.50 please.

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

"Supporters, not Customers".   :scarf:

And maybe a return of the silk scarves,not those common woolly things? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 02:27:46 PM »
Mark has been given the job of raising funds from commercial enterprise to fund the playing side of the Club.   If he thinks that people will pay £130 for a meal etc then who are we to argue ?  He is the one in the driving seat and he is the one who has to stand or fall by the decisions he makes.  Let’s give the guy a chance to make it happen.  Stephen Cleeve isn’t paying him a decent 5 figure salary for him to just sell match day sponsorship.  Mark is out there to embrace the whole commercial aspect of the Club.

Linnet64

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 06:07:30 PM »
Well that killed the thread and opinion. :watching:

KLTFC2017

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »
I would say myself that it is a bit pricey

But also have to ask Griss , the last three events at the B&G have been free entry and you didn't go to any !!

Also I think you may discover it was not Mark who set the price either !!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2020, 07:51:13 PM »
I would say myself that it is a bit pricey

But also have to ask Griss , the last three events at the B&G have been free entry and you didn't go to any !!

Also I think you may discover it was not Mark who set the price either !!

I presume by the last three events at the club you are referring to the meet and greets? These were not actually free but very reasonably priced,I would have happily have gone along if the silly thing called work hadn't got in the way,hopefully shifts will fall right for the next one,a repeat of the curry would be welcomed. I do try to attend things when possible,I even attended the bingo nights that the friends put on,also there for the quiz night too. As with all events I attended I spent well on raffle tickets etc,and tried my best to put money over the bar. I think you will also find that unless there is a function after a game or I need to go to work you will find me putting my hard earned into the till for more beer, more often than not the last one to leave! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

P.S. you say that you heard Mark didn't set the price? Was this from an official source or just rumour? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 04:55:10 PM »
A Black tie evening is not aimed at the average fan but business people and to put the club in the window and to attract investors

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 05:43:34 PM »
A Black tie evening is not aimed at the average fan but business people and to put the club in the window and to attract investors

So will there be another one for the poor people?
Foodbanks could offer a donation.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 05:51:50 PM »

Whilst I agree with the first part, really not sure that it is an event to 'attract investors', unless you count £130 / ticket as an investment.  Might be an opportunity to bring in potential sponsors but again the club seem to want to squeeze the maximum amount of money out of every source before they have really established themselves, similar to the situation with the business club when Mark first came on board full time.  To me, it looked pretty pricey for an 'unknown quantity', given where the club is in respect of the business community as a whole in West Norfolk, far better imo to offer something at a 'competitive' rate to get some volume which in turn will create further opportunities rather than trying to bleed people dry on the first hit.

Perhaps this is just the 'growing pains' of a club moving quickly upwards, unfortunately I think the view seems to be that Mark needs to bring in his wage plus a bit when in truth he has to be seen as part admin to free up SC for 'other things' and part longer term investment in establishing alternative income streams.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 06:40:14 PM »

Will you be going M A, or are you still an average fan?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 06:42:31 PM »
Potential investors? Surely they would be wined and dined for free.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2020, 07:58:04 PM »
I sincerely wish Mark all success in whatever policies he adopts in his rather important position.  I really do.  I also hope ticket sales for the Black Tie Dinner go extremely well.  However, not that my opinion matters, but I do think that he has been unlucky in that the period in which he intends to hold the event, in that it is on the receiving end of several attacks beyond the wit of man.  The two big ones are Brexit, with the pessimism it may induce in prospective attendees, in consideration of the possible risks to their income, despite the optimism being displayed to enthuse the public in the entire venture, plus the worrying virus currently scaring the pants off some us older and less fit individuals who in happier times might enjoy such an evening.  Again, I really hope Mark’s effort is a roaring success.
Finally, I’ve been asked to come clean on names, and can declare that Dilly dilly is in fact a pseudonym for “The Font - He who knows what others only think they know......”........  COYL!!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2020, 08:21:06 PM »
Of more concern should be the prospect of games being cancelled, or played behind closed doors.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2020, 11:35:21 AM »
Big story in the Mail Today, no more than 500 at a sport gathering, its yet to be past, and the longer they continue talking about it the season will be over. Should it happen sooner, we are finished.   With regards to the black tie dinner, it is a lot of money to anyone, supporters and potential sponsors alike. The virus is affecting all walks of life, markets are falling, travel and all forms of entertainment and that's including hospitality,  At the present climate no one wants to shell out £130.     

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2020, 12:08:35 PM »
Just don't get all this hype. Am I missing something here. The virus is on a par with flu, in terms of those it affects and resulting fatalities. There is no vaccine yet but then the flu jab is a stab in the dark because it doesn't usually protect against the latest strain....  so why this worldwide media created panic ? Am I missing something obvious ?

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2020, 12:28:42 PM »
Reasonable paper "The Mail" although I find the print comes off on your backside ! Izel more use in the present climate because you  get some useful advice re: "Now wash your hands please ".
Better constructive advice rather than the destructive scaremongering in the press!
I also thought the Black tie event was rather expensive  but not unduly worried as all I do is attend the matches and find that is sufficient expenditure!!