Author Topic: Re: Southport Saturday POSTPONED  (Read 5057 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: Southport Saturday POSTPONED
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2020, 07:02:19 PM »
Seems I got that wrong.   Stephen Cleeve ( on Twitter) has put out an appeal for people to buy their tickets for the Bradford game ASAP to help with a current cash flow problem.

With all the games we have left maybe he could offer a 4 match discounted  ticket to bring in some cash quick.  I know Boston did this quite successfully, recently. 

Mark (Hearle) would that be an option ?  Maybe just make it available for 7 days to get the cash in quick.

For those not on Twitter this is the Chairmans post.

It would be a huge help for those of you that are coming to the Bradford Park Avenue home game if you buy your tickets this week - would help the clubís cash flow a lot

It must be a complete nightmare at the moment. Vat would have needed to be paid only a couple of weeks back and I would guess wages are now due with it being end of month. And of course the wages have increased recently with the addition of playing and non playing staff.

Bills keep rolling in even if the money doesn't.

This weather has got a lot to answer for!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »
Depends when the club's VAT quarter is I guess, are the lads weekly or monthly paid?  Obviously not a lot of 'win bonuses' to be paid out for Feb and dry month for the FotL 12th man scheme too. 

Personally hope we don't offer a discount along the lines suggested by Mallard - fans need to help the club not look for more discounts imo, that said I would have agreed with his previous post that higher than expected revenue from the Boston and York games should have partially helped carry us over this shortfall. 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2020, 08:25:41 PM »
Tony didnít SC say he had someone coming in to run the financial side ?  Surely that would include such things as budget planning, cash flow etc.

I didnít think it was a bad idea offering a 4 match packet.  Not everyone is gonna be able to afford two games in a week, so was just suggesting a way to lighten the load and get these people to all the home games. 

Every little helps, works both ways.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2020, 09:21:49 PM »
Seems I got that wrong.   Stephen Cleeve ( on Twitter) has put out an appeal for people to buy their tickets for the Bradford game ASAP to help with a current cash flow problem.

With all the games we have left maybe he could offer a 4 match discounted  ticket to bring in some cash quick.  I know Boston did this quite successfully, recently. 

Mark (Hearle) would that be an option ?  Maybe just make it available for 7 days to get the cash in quick.

For those not on Twitter this is the Chairmans post.

It would be a huge help for those of you that are coming to the Bradford Park Avenue home game if you buy your tickets this week - would help the clubís cash flow a lot

It must be a complete nightmare at the moment. Vat would have needed to be paid only a couple of weeks back and I would guess wages are now due with it being end of month. And of course the wages have increased recently with the addition of playing and non playing staff.

Bills keep rolling in even if the money doesn't.

This weather has got a lot to answer for!

....and 2 more expensive away trips..........the one at Gateshead, would ideally be a travel the day before job, hotel bills etc....I guess if just a couple of hundred bought early tickets, that would help significantly.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2020, 08:34:01 AM »
Dare I say it, weather looks set fair now, at least for next 3 matches !!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »

....and 2 more expensive away trips..........the one at Gateshead, would ideally be a travel the day before job, hotel bills etc....

I had heard that they were planning an overnight stay but don't know if that's still the plan.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2020, 11:37:39 AM »
If Lynn can get a good result at Leamington and something from Gateshead, it could be the start of the run they need to lift the title...just one more decent run could do it, given the inconsistencies of the other contenders.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2020, 11:47:25 AM »
Why don't the trust lend the club some money to overcome their cash flow difficulties?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2020, 11:56:13 AM »
Why don't the trust lend the club some money to overcome their cash flow difficulties?

The short and simple answer is that it would be against their constitution.  I suppose they could have an EGM to vote on it but given they have only just had their AGM, I can't see that being particularly likely. 

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2020, 12:02:15 PM »

Its all self inflicted Stan. Don't spend what you haven't got. That's what most of us do. Surely a proper business overdraft would be the way forward.
Even if the Trust was allowed to lend the Club money, it would be very risky. With Club debts nearly £300k apparently, it could be seen as throwing good money after bad.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2020, 12:12:16 PM »

Its all self inflicted Stan. Don't spend what you haven't got. That's what most of us do. Surely a proper business overdraft would be the way forward.
Even if the Trust was allowed to lend the Club money, it would be very risky. With Club debts nearly £300k apparently, it could be seen as throwing good money after bad.

I think the 300k is up to last tax year. Just a guess, but I think its reasonable to assume that its increased since then   :dontknow:

pc627

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2020, 12:35:55 PM »
Many people bought tickets for the Bradford PA game that was called off, which I assume are valid for the rearranged fixture. This is money already in the bank.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2020, 01:07:41 PM »
Whilst "Don't spend what you haven't got" is a solid mantra, running a football club is an unusual business situation...if we had had 2 months of snow and call offs, I suspect most of the clubs in this league (York, Chester and a couple of others excepted) would have had cash flow issues.
After the huge input from the Chairman and others, this is surely not the time to take the high moral ground, its the time to get behind what is going on and hopefully help see it over the line.....whilst I agree the Trust has reasons for not releasing its funds, it is also hoped and necessary that new income streams and investment will be forthcoming going forward and if there are small ways that individuals can help, as indicated by the Chairman's recent post, then that  alsohas to be the way forward surely.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2020, 03:33:10 PM »
If it is only a temporary cash flow problem maybe the Chairman could suggest to the players they take a part deferred payment on their wages?

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2020, 03:42:23 PM »
Would you.