Author Topic: Bradford PA at home  (Read 4312 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford PA at home
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2020, 05:31:27 PM »
Hopefully Stan, if they know we are not satisfied they will try hard to better next time, or have you never been given a good taking to for under performing ! Ah probably not, you are so perfect of course, sorry. Lying by not expressing that dissatisfaction won't help them either.  If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got !
Well, I think you'll find that King's Lynn's manager doesn't agree with you.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2020, 05:34:52 PM »
On the contrary hes has changed much at the club since coming back, so he certainly doesn't sit on his laurels but always looks to progress. Otherwise the club wouldn't be sitting where they are now ,so more power ( no pun intended) to his elbow.
For good measure, he also showed his dissatisfaction several times during last night's match He was clearly exasperated at times.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2020, 05:40:11 PM »
On the contrary hes has changed much at the club since coming back, so he certainly doesn't sit on his laurels but always looks to progress. Otherwise the club wouldn't be sitting where they are now ,so more power ( no pun intended) to his elbow.
For good measure, he also showed his dissatisfaction several times during last night's match He was clearly exasperated at times.
Go on YouTube and watch his post match interview.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2020, 05:58:51 PM »
Hopefully Stan, if they know we are not satisfied they will try hard to better next time, or have you never been given a good taking to for under performing ! Ah probably not, you are so perfect of course, sorry. Lying by not expressing that dissatisfaction won't help them either.  If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got !
The only booing i did at half time was towards rhat big fairy the Bradford number six. Spent a long time writhing around without ever being touched. See no point booing Lynn would hope they  know how badly they pmayed

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 12:59:15 AM »
Booing really serves no purpose.
The players already knew that wasn't up to their high standards.
They can put it right Saturday.
Get behind the team, they've been fantastic for most of the season, and they really need us all behind them now.
COYL!

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 08:03:41 AM »
I have Stan He can't expect us to be applauding the team all the time If they play poorly yo can still express your feelings We are not robots. We can make up our own minds and are not controlled by IC's diktats

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2020, 08:10:30 AM »
As the song goes:

"I say it best when I say nothing at all".

As for the physical comments I have made - all out shoulder charges designed to barge the opposition player off their feet is over-the-top physical. Leaning shoulder to shoulder is OK.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2020, 08:37:44 AM »
Fair result, I don't think BPA were 'overly physical', we have certainly played against worse but we never moved the ball with any real intent and the change in formation / tactics to accommodate Power at home was there for all to see again - two defeats in two at the Walks with some common themes.  First 10 mins of both games we went long then struggled like hell when that didn't work to get any sort of foothold in midfield, effectively playing with a man short in there and the tight, passing game that has served us so well this season abandoned in favour of knocking it to channels / focus on Power.  Last night was made worse by playing Power on the right which restricted Jones and that, compounded with Burrows having a very poor game at left back it made us very, very one dimensional.  We have three naturally left footed players - Kelly & Payne on the bench and Fox not even in the squad again, somehow we need to find a balance.

As IC said in the interview we can carry one or two but not five or six having poor nights, lets hope he too learns and changes things up for Saturday, we haven't become a bad team overnight but keep playing that way and we will become one.

Also think the melee at the end will cost us too and obviously Birch doesn't stand anywhere near me as no way were BPA 100% to blame

OK TonyM, what was the ruckus all about? What happened?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2020, 09:27:45 AM »
HIGHLIGHTS: (courtesy of Bevan Asher)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MUFOHp53kM

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2020, 11:26:37 AM »
Good highlights. Looking at this it didn't look too bad!!. The biggest disappointments for me on Tuesday evening were:
1. The lack of impact made by the substitutes.
2. The lack of discipline at the end of the game.

Bradford P.A. played well and actually looked fitter than Lynn!

There is a lack of consistency in all the Conference North teams this season. If we win on Saturday and Monday we will be top of the league. If Altrincham do us a favour against York it will be sooner!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2020, 01:37:48 PM »
I have Stan He can't expect us to be applauding the team all the time If they play poorly yo can still express your feelings We are not robots. We can make up our own minds and are not controlled by IC's diktats
Carry on booing then, if you feel so entitled. I imagine other fans will show you how they feel about it.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »
Fair result, I don't think BPA were 'overly physical', we have certainly played against worse but we never moved the ball with any real intent and the change in formation / tactics to accommodate Power at home was there for all to see again - two defeats in two at the Walks with some common themes.  First 10 mins of both games we went long then struggled like hell when that didn't work to get any sort of foothold in midfield, effectively playing with a man short in there and the tight, passing game that has served us so well this season abandoned in favour of knocking it to channels / focus on Power.  Last night was made worse by playing Power on the right which restricted Jones and that, compounded with Burrows having a very poor game at left back it made us very, very one dimensional.  We have three naturally left footed players - Kelly & Payne on the bench and Fox not even in the squad again, somehow we need to find a balance.

As IC said in the interview we can carry one or two but not five or six having poor nights, lets hope he too learns and changes things up for Saturday, we haven't become a bad team overnight but keep playing that way and we will become one.

Also think the melee at the end will cost us too and obviously Birch doesn't stand anywhere near me as no way were BPA 100% to blame
Best summing up for me. Trying to accommodate Power is the main cause of Lynn's lack of form lately.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2020, 03:14:22 PM »
Worked well for us at home to York.   However going on Tuesday nights game it seemed we were trying to feed Power a lot of the time then expected him to pull Rabbits out of a hat when surrounded by 2 Bradford players.   

Have to agree with Tony re- Barrows on the left.  Had a shocker.  Very much right footed so which  foot did the Bradford player take him on ?  Yep on his outside everytime.   What has Fox done that sees the best left foot we have, to not even make the bench ?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2020, 03:53:31 PM »
Power's pace and skill took him into good forward positions but he rarely got past the York right back. That's why Culverhouse told him to go on the right back's inside which got some joy in the second half.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2020, 04:21:07 PM »
Have to say, BPA came with a game plan and executed it to perfection. You could see what their intent was. They sat two players on Richards/Jarvis which meant they couldn't receive the ball in the middle (pitch was bobble as hell which didn't help), this meant it went to the full backs quite often who had to clip it long as there was no option in the middle. Easily contained throughout that option, because Marriott/Carey couldn't get into the game at all. The breakdown in communication for their goal is inexcusable.

They sat off a lot more 2nd half where the CMs then were able to get on the ball more, but the quality outwide was very poor and delivers bad. Power had a great chance after good play in 2nd half, and just as you thought he would fire into the goal from edge of the box, the ball bobbled up 2 foot and meant it hit the moon.

Southwell will need a run of starts to show his ability, coming off bench late on in those sorts of games will be hard to make an impact. They're more set up for the other way round, Gash coming off the bench to make the impact.