Author Topic: Bradford PA at home  (Read 4545 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Bradford PA at home
« on: March 08, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »
After a great week ( 4 points on the Road), itís a long awaited return to The Walks on Tuesday night.  Canít see us slipping up Here and expect to see us return to the top of the table ( how good does that sound) and with 3 games in hand.

Can see IC having a bit of a tinker again to rest up certain players.  Maybe Jarv, Gash, Hendo. 

Be interesting to see if the CV has any affect on the gate for Tuesday. Also there is a Premier League/EFL meeting on Monday to see what they will do with regard to supporters coming to games.  I guess the Non League game will follow their lead.

Fingers crossed we get some Football back at the Walls on Tuesday, but not at any cost.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford PA at home
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
Never underestimate the opposition, they just beat Chester.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 01:43:18 PM »
I agree with Mr. Mallardís choice of who to rest, and all in this squad should be aware they will again ďresume dutyĒ in no time at all.  Southwell needs a start, and has had some outstanding performances at this level.  Would also like to see Carey and Kelly back, and given some responsibility in the Bradford game.  Certainly agree with the belief that Bradford wonít be easy, as demonstrated by their victory over Chester, but Iím not tech-savvy enough to be able to look back to see who posted it !  I shall advise IC on the team selection for the game later in the week.......

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 01:52:52 PM »
For sure Bradford canít be under estimated and Iím sure they wonít be, but they are bottom of the League for a reason.  We have to make Tuesday count otherwise it lessens the result at Gateshead. 

Resting players is a must with 3 games coming in 7 days.  We have a squad now of 19, including now Ryan Fryatt who played his 2nd game back on Saturday.   That means 3 player wonít even make the squad each game.    Nice position for IC to be in.  Wouldnít be surprised to see Fox back in the line-up on Tuesday either.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 02:23:57 PM »
We have missed Nathan Fox doing his wing back attacking r.ole. Think Ryan Fryatt needs more game time in Reserves and then subs bench for a while.

Hawkins is not getting into squad and might benefit going out on loan to keep him game fit.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 02:25:47 PM »
Yes... mustnít forget Fox    Not many could have come in and make us not regret the loss of laser seasonís full-backs.  I actually think that, despite the common wish toincrease squad size and consequent options, we may have slightly too many players.  We donít want anyone feeling frustration at not getting enough chances....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 09:11:37 PM »
Understand where you are coming from re frustration.
I guess after playing Saturday, then Tuesday, then Saturday, when the match v Gloucester comes round on Monday, only 2 days later, having the option of almost fielding a completely fresh eleven to the one that played two days before, may be a really valuable option.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 12:15:44 PM »
All about the tempo. Lynn start of well like they did against Gateshead and vast majority of games this season, it'll be job done (3-0) at half time and players can be rested up further. Go into with a slow tempo thinking result will come because of gap between the sides, a shock will happen as Chester showed when they didn't approach game in the right manner. Was a scrappy affair at their place earlier in season too.

1100 fans, 3-0 win.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 01:34:38 PM »
Spot on Non League.  When we play with a high tempo and pass the ball with intent we are a bloody good side.   I canít see Bradford coming with much of an attacking plan so it is up to us to move them all over the pitch at speed.  Hopefully the pitch will allow us to really zip the ball about.   

Hopefully be more than 1100 there as Mark Hearle has said the online sakes have gone well which is always a good litmus test of how big the gate will be. 

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 11:23:13 PM »
We have missed Nathan Fox doing his wing back attacking r.ole. Think Ryan Fryatt needs more game time in Reserves and then subs bench for a while.

Hawkins is not getting into squad and might benefit going out on loan to keep him game fit.
Have We missed Fox with Barrows and Jones at full back.He is a decent player but those that have come in are his equal atleast.With the amount of games we have coming up I doubt very much Hawkins will be loaned.

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 11:24:49 PM »
I agree with Mr. Mallardís choice of who to rest, and all in this squad should be aware they will again ďresume dutyĒ in no time at all.  Southwell needs a start, and has had some outstanding performances at this level.  Would also like to see Carey and Kelly back, and given some responsibility in the Bradford game.  Certainly agree with the belief that Bradford wonít be easy, as demonstrated by their victory over Chester, but Iím not tech-savvy enough to be able to look back to see who posted it !  I shall advise IC on the team selection for the game later in the week.......
Southwell started at Leamington.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2020, 02:12:01 PM »
Let's hope this high winds does one for tonight's game, was just in town and got blown down the street.
Wouldn't mind them starting with Southwell tonight again and resting the Gash man however when they did this at leamington he played deeper than a regular striker and the defence still kept pumping the ball up in the air to marriot who of course isn't the tallest, think especially with this wind they need to keep the ball on the ground tonight.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2020, 04:00:07 PM »
Match commentary on Radio Norfolk.  :scarf:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2020, 05:11:39 PM »
DD, I think its fair to say Fox has come in and done a decent job although I think he is a good way off FBT (as are most left backs in this league).  Think him and Burrows offer different things - Burrows has the pace but Fox gives the team a better shape going forward, that said tonight I would play Kelly on the left hand side of a 3-4-1-2.  Agree with others to start with Southwell but would like to see him justify his place with a performance rather than being an option to give Gash / Marriott a breather.

My team (and I am sure IC will have different ideas)
Street
Ward, Smith, McAuley
Jones, Richards, Payne, Kelly
Carey
Southwell, Marriott

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2020, 06:15:54 PM »
DD, I think its fair to say Fox has come in and done a decent job although I think he is a good way off FBT (as are most left backs in this league).  Think him and Burrows offer different things - Burrows has the pace but Fox gives the team a better shape going forward, that said tonight I would play Kelly on the left hand side of a 3-4-1-2.  Agree with others to start with Southwell but would like to see him justify his place with a performance rather than being an option to give Gash / Marriott a breather.

My team (and I am sure IC will have different ideas)
Street
Ward, Smith, McAuley
Jones, Richards, Payne, Kelly
Carey
Southwell, Marriott

Iíf be tempted to go the other way, and play Gash and Southwell from the start.