Author Topic: Bradford PA at home  (Read 3914 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: Bradford PA at home
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2020, 07:54:33 PM »
I liked Pauli’s idea on this one - on the ground and Southwell to start, so MG for a rest....  Loughbro’s team looks good, , but I never like 3 CHs.  However, at home we have the team to win using any selection, unless we’re all under-estimating Bradford - they must be decent to beat Chester, albeit at home.  Home and awayy I always want an attacking selection because a top-heavydefensive line-up lets the opponents attack more.  We need to get up their end more, if you’ll pardon the expression ! ......

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2020, 09:42:11 PM »
Never underestimate the opposition, they just beat Chester.
Told you.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2020, 10:02:02 PM »
Worst result of the season and such a poor result in so many ways...could have knocked back York and gone top tonight with 3 games in hand, instead they have given York and Boston heart.
Still I have to remind myself that this squad have done brilliantly this season and for part timers this run in is a tough ask.
Can they pick it up again and get a run together to cross the line or are they going to stutter towards the play offs...only time will tell.
IMO an over reliance on Power and feel that the arrival of Southwell and Power seems to have upset the balance of the front 3 and the team in general.
Lynn need to find an effective way to play against these lower  placed uncompromising sides in strong winds and heavy pitch conditions.
Lynn have still to go to
Kettering, Hereford, Curzon, Gloucester etc.....they will all be similar styles to tonight.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 10:31:13 PM »
Out fought. Out run........got what they deserved...fully justified home defeat, having said that the Bradford players and staff were too blame 100% for the melee at the end😈  1200 crowd 👏👏  on to saturday #vitalgame

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 11:18:55 PM »
Forget the result.  The biggest worry was the performance.  Can’t believe what I’ve just watched.
IC has always said this squad finds ways of winning.   Tonight they could find a way to create a single chance

I really can’t remember the last time I saw a performance like that from a Kings Lynn team at the Walks.

Players should be ashamed to pick up their wages for that tonight. Stephen Cleeve mentions the cash flow situation at the Club.  The guy puts in so much and the players should offer to forego any payment for that tonight

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2020, 12:33:05 AM »
Forget the result.  The biggest worry was the performance.  Can’t believe what I’ve just watched.
IC has always said this squad finds ways of winning.   Tonight they could find a way to create a single chance

I really can’t remember the last time I saw a performance like that from a Kings Lynn team at the Walks.

Players should be ashamed to pick up their wages for that tonight. Stephen Cleeve mentions the cash flow situation at the Club.  The guy puts in so much and the players should offer to forego any payment for that tonight

They played exactly the same at Leamington we could not believe when IC said after that game that we "bossed it" we never had a shot all game there either, don't know what it is other than midweek curse!? Are these other teams all full timers whereas lynn payers play after bwing at work? Am trying hard to find an excuse.
We really shouldn't moan though this season has been a dream, it's just disappointing when we know how they can play.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2020, 05:16:57 AM »
Mallard never heard such a load of Tosh B P A  had a game plan and they did a job on us so we move on but to say they shouldn’t draw their wages is discussing

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 06:00:14 AM »
Mallard never heard such a load of Tosh B P A  had a game plan and they did a job on us so we move on but to say they shouldn’t draw their wages is discussing
I agree. It was bad enough hearing booing at the ground without it cropping up on here too!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 08:01:31 AM »
Bradford (PA) didn't let us settle. We do not play a "packed defence" sort of game and we got stretched and gaps appeared. BPA were not afraid of having shots from range and one went in 0 - 1.

A big and physical side they pushed their weight about and shoulder charges were the tactics used - now, shoulder to shoulder is OK when playing for the ball but last night it was more like wrestling. Gashy was being man-handled from the start. BPA pressed up tight and went after every ball. Their team played good football with the ball and marked tight without it. BPA do not seem to be the same team who have been the "whipping boys of the league".

Where the hell is Nathan Fox  :dontknow: Lynn played Simon Power on the Right Wing 1st half and swopped him to the Left in the 2nd. Ross Barrows was playing Left Back but it is not his natural position. Sonney Carey was not effective at No11 - why was Hendo in the starting line-up  :dontknow:

As previously mentioned, the introduction of Southwell and Power seems to have unsettled/unbalanced the team and pushe others either out or shifted their positions.

Ryan Hawkins might have given us speed down the right (with Power on the Left) and his runs into the box might have given us other opportunities (drawing fouls is his speciality  :laughcry:

Not a good night at the office but getting that game out of the way Ian Culverhouse will need to look hard at the Line-Up and Tactics for Saturday.

Keep The Faith   :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2020, 08:29:52 AM »
Fair result, I don't think BPA were 'overly physical', we have certainly played against worse but we never moved the ball with any real intent and the change in formation / tactics to accommodate Power at home was there for all to see again - two defeats in two at the Walks with some common themes.  First 10 mins of both games we went long then struggled like hell when that didn't work to get any sort of foothold in midfield, effectively playing with a man short in there and the tight, passing game that has served us so well this season abandoned in favour of knocking it to channels / focus on Power.  Last night was made worse by playing Power on the right which restricted Jones and that, compounded with Burrows having a very poor game at left back it made us very, very one dimensional.  We have three naturally left footed players - Kelly & Payne on the bench and Fox not even in the squad again, somehow we need to find a balance.

As IC said in the interview we can carry one or two but not five or six having poor nights, lets hope he too learns and changes things up for Saturday, we haven't become a bad team overnight but keep playing that way and we will become one.

Also think the melee at the end will cost us too and obviously Birch doesn't stand anywhere near me as no way were BPA 100% to blame

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2020, 08:55:52 AM »
Didn’t see the game so can’t really comment, but going to anyway !  We all have our own convictions, including IC.  Mine is that attack is the best form of defence, because while it’s up their end, it isn’t up ours - (yes, still room for humour !). But that only works if we flood back en masse when we lose the ball, so it’s hard work.  On paper, last night’s team had efficiency and solidity written all over it, but lacked enough “slipperiness” to unlock a packed and determined defence.  Not having seen the game, I can’t tell if that (what I call) slipperiness was what was lacking, so I’ll shut up and go get some breakfast !.....  But, look, every team hits a bad patch, even York and KL !  Start again on Saturday - York have put their “Hereford” behind them....

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2020, 08:58:46 AM »
I agree. It was bad enough hearing booing at the ground without it cropping up on here too!

So you were there this time Stan, then? Why shouldn't we boo or shout , we quite rightly applaud and cheer when they play well. We are entitled to show our true feelings either way . We can't just say" Oh bad luck chaps , try again".

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2020, 01:01:15 PM »
I didn’t see the game, but can imagine that TonyM is right in not thinking BPA weren’t over-physical.  I haven’t yet seen a side relying on physicality in this league, and if we prepare  and select to compete with it, we would be barking up the wrong tree.  There are lots of cliches in football that I believe are just latest bandwagonners.
“Strength” is often said by big-name pundits when the playback regularly shows no contact at all !  “winning a foul” is another.  I don’t believe any player ever does that...  “Here you are, take a kick at my leg.  It might ruin my career but it’ll be worth it for a free kick to my team”. Don’t think so !  There’s just a few pointers to take our minds off the worst result of the season.  Roll on Saturday !  Plenty more pointers, if wanted !!!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2020, 01:40:26 PM »

So you were there this time Stan, then? Why shouldn't we boo or shout , we quite rightly applaud and cheer when they play well. We are entitled to show our true feelings either way . We can't just say" Oh bad luck chaps , try again".
In what way do you think that booing helps the team that you are supporting?

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2020, 05:10:17 PM »
Hopefully Stan, if they know we are not satisfied they will try hard to better next time, or have you never been given a good taking to for under performing ! Ah probably not, you are so perfect of course, sorry. Lying by not expressing that dissatisfaction won't help them either.  If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got !