Author Topic: Current form concerns  (Read 2112 times)

Mick

• View Profile
Current form concerns
« on: March 11, 2020, 10:19:35 AM »
I have concerns regarding current form. Can we for certain get out of this slump? 4 points from the last 5 games. If it continues the same we'd get a further 9-10 points from the remaining 11 games leaving us with 73-74 points. Probably, unbelievably, we'd be lucky to make the play offs with that

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
Re: Current form concerns
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 10:31:02 AM »
I imagine a lot of our fans think the same  but all we can do is hope that we get over it on Saturday with a win.
I always think its never over till the last game of the season.
Remember we chased coalville down the rest are trying to do the same to us this time round.
Keep the Faith everyone we are not a bad team overnight

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 11:28:43 AM »
We have one massive thing in our favour.  Ian Culverhouse.  It’s now down to him to gets us back up firing.  Last night he seemed to run out of ideas even his introduction of the 3 subs failed to spark up any reaction.    In his post match interview you could sense the anger in him after that performance.

Let’s hope come Saturday at 5pm Tuesday night is just a night that everyone can forget.   I am sure Ian will have a master plan to pull it all back together.   Despite his support for the players after the match last night he knows they let him down and now they owe him one

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 12:58:30 PM »
Remember we chased coalville down.

Indeed we did!

we are not a bad team overnight

Never quite agreed with this one though. Hopefully not, but as Coalville proved, its perfectly possible that it can happen.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 02:13:50 PM »
Well lets all hope we can get back on track. One thing we can be sure of is that our lads are good enough to do it. 22 wins out of 37 games proves it. I think we need 86/87 points to do it. That's another 22 or so points. We need Adam Marriott to get back scoring. He's doing a Jamie Vardy at the moment. 5 games without a goal is his worst run since he's been with us.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 02:31:33 PM »
Agreed Mick....indeed the whole front line is having a lean time..... last 5 games
Henderson 1
Gash            0
Marriott       0
Southwell    0

(Power          2
Barrows       1)

Even tho sides are now surrounding Gash in an attempt to stop him and cut off the supply to Marriott and Henderson,
I am wondering whether it might be best to revert to the tried and trusted line up with Gash, Marriott and Henderson up top, a full midfield and Power and Southwell as possible impact subs if necessary. I know Tonym and others have kinda advocated this on other threads.....we just need the rhythm and interplay back, if possible asap.
We also have to carefully balance trying to break these teams down, with leaving ourselves too open.

There has been a dip, but it's not all doom and gloom and looking at it match by match:
Kiddie...we had to lose at home eventually
Chester.....lost in last minute to a top 5 side on a long away midweek game having been out of action for a while
Leamington....an ok point
Gateshead... fantastic win
Bradford...... genuinely poor performance

Really only the last game that is a real eye opener

COYL.... let's all stay positive and get behind the club

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 02:49:31 PM »
In view of all the rhetoric on here, regarding last night's game, the next few matches will show if we are capable of promotion.  If we do not use the games we have in hand to create an advantage at the top, then the club is not ready for promotion. The next league upwards is a whole new adventure, all teams are fulltime, (I think), and have quite a few ex.pros who have the nous to play the "game". I sincerely hope we do progress, but I would rather see us at top half of this league than languishing in the bottom of the next, bit like Norwich. :scarf: :scarf:

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 04:15:57 PM »
Yes. Happy to an extent where we are in the National League North. Better fun a promotion battle than a possible relegation battle in the division above. Quite true KES re the previous results really on reflection. Leamington have quite a few 0-0's at home to the top sides so no shame there, nor with the Chester last minute loss. But wow.. what an extreme the last one is. Best side in the division losing at home to the bottom side, phew. I'm still shaking my head. The only way is up.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 08:19:53 AM »
Have Bradford had an influx of players, maybe on loan, that have improved them recently  :dontknow:

They certainly appeared to be a well organised team.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2020, 11:13:00 AM »
Many of us have played in the leagues, albeit a long time ago and at a low level, but have we forgotten the occasional reversal in games when we came up against a so called lesser team ? WE have all been there.

In Ian we have an intelligent , experienced and decent footballing person. I know the moan and groans are only because we care about the Linnets, but lets all rally round and I am sure we will get the promotion we so richly deserve.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2020, 02:37:19 PM »
KES, or anyone interested in my world-renowned advice  - if we rely on Gash to be the supplier of chances to our other strikers, we won’t win many games.  That isn’t an insult to MG, but a general observation about any team using the old-fashioned method of a long high punt to a Big Man “up top”, with the other strikers picking up what “comes off him”.  Few teams employing that method are in the top half of league tables.  Neither, IMO, is at advantageous to hit “the Big Man”  to “bring others into play”, because if they’re not already “in play”, they shouldn’t be on the pitch !  Fluid group and individual (but supported) movements unlock all defences.  Again this week, RB Leipzig did it superbly - no tactics, just quick slippery players in every position going forward, and numbers back to defend.  KL are equipped to do this, have done all season, and can surely do it again from now on...

THE FONT.......

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2020, 03:13:06 PM »
KES, or anyone interested in my world-renowned advice  - if we rely on Gash to be the supplier of chances to our other strikers, we won’t win many games.  That isn’t an insult to MG, but a general observation about any team using the old-fashioned method of a long high punt to a Big Man “up top”, with the other strikers picking up what “comes off him”.  Few teams employing that method are in the top half of league tables.  Neither, IMO, is at advantageous to hit “the Big Man”  to “bring others into play”, because if they’re not already “in play”, they shouldn’t be on the pitch !  Fluid group and individual (but supported) movements unlock all defences.  Again this week, RB Leipzig did it superbly - no tactics, just quick slippery players in every position going forward, and numbers back to defend.  KL are equipped to do this, have done all season, and can surely do it again from now on...

THE FONT.......
They're hitting it long to Gash because their usual creativity in the final third has been compromised by trying to accommodate Power. Stick Power on the bench, play Fox on the left and start Henderson. This will encourage more wide play and with Henderson, more effective attacking play in central areas.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2020, 08:49:09 PM »
Nothing personal dilly, but I don't really rate your advice that highly........I often agree with your general drift, but often feel you don't see the whole picture eg attack is often the best form of defence.....but not always.....slickness will often win the day, but not always, sometimes a bit of physical presence is desirable, though you baulk at it, etc etc that's football, a game for opinions, please continue to freely post your views, but you are wasting your time addressing them directly to me....like many on here I have seen a helluva lot of football and played it at a fairly decent standard up north too many years ago.... ha ha

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2020, 08:52:11 PM »
Btw, we have relied on MG to hold the line and provide chances for all but the last couple of games Dilly or have you forgotten that.....

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 05:22:41 AM »
Nothing personal dilly, but I don't really rate your advice that highly........I often agree with your general drift, but often feel you don't see the whole picture eg attack is often the best form of defence.....but not always.....slickness will often win the day, but not always, sometimes a bit of physical presence is desirable, though you baulk at it, etc etc that's football, a game for opinions, please continue to freely post your views, but you are wasting your time addressing them directly to me....like many on here I have seen a helluva lot of football and played it at a fairly decent standard up north too many years ago.... ha ha
Who'd you play for KES?