Author Topic: Current form concerns  (Read 2119 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Current form concerns
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 09:36:27 AM »
The Team have certainly missed Michael Clunan's presence in midfield and need a player with his skill and vision for the quick and slick pass. Dwelling too long on the ball allows the opposition to press forward and results in the backward and sideward passing that often loses the ball or puts Pedro under pressure when unable to pick up.

We used to do well when we had over-lapping Wing-Backs and Wingers and players who had that "understanding" like Fraser BT and Hendo.

Is there an under-lying reason why Nathan Fox has not even been on the Sub's Bench  :dontknow: His Wing-Back attacking is sorely missed. Alfie Payne might be better than Sonny Carey. Put all three Strikers on up front  :dontknow: 2 x big men in the box with Adam Marriott supporting. We could always then move down to a two man attack as a switch of tactics.

Several seasons ago, under Gary Setchell, I remember us using 3men up front waiting for the long clearance when the opposition had a corner (pinched the idea from Tamworth I believe). It un-cluttered the box and drew more opposition defenders back away from the attack.

It's all about changing your tactics - ringing the changes.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 05:48:01 PM »
Nothing personal dilly, but I don't really rate your advice that highly........I often agree with your general drift, but often feel you don't see the whole picture eg attack is often the best form of defence.....but not always.....slickness will often win the day, but not always, sometimes a bit of physical presence is desirable, though you baulk at it, etc etc that's football, a game for opinions, please continue to freely post your views, but you are wasting your time addressing them directly to me....like many on here I have seen a helluva lot of football and played it at a fairly decent standard up north too many years ago.... ha ha
Who'd you play for KES?
Dilly. Keep posting your opinions. All opinions on here are of equal value although some think their opinions are more equal than others.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 05:59:36 PM »
Nothing personal dilly, but I don't really rate your advice that highly........I often agree with your general drift, but often feel you don't see the whole picture eg attack is often the best form of defence.....but not always.....slickness will often win the day, but not always, sometimes a bit of physical presence is desirable, though you baulk at it, etc etc that's football, a game for opinions, please continue to freely post your views, but you are wasting your time addressing them directly to me....like many on here I have seen a helluva lot of football and played it at a fairly decent standard up north too many years ago.... ha ha
Who'd you play for KES?
Dilly. Keep posting your opinions. All opinions on here are of equal value although some think their opinions are more equal than others.

Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone has one but none of them hold much water.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 07:27:26 PM »
Who'd you play for KES?

Opinions are like belly buttons. Everyone has one but none of them hold much water.
Unless like KES and you think you can walk on it.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 08:29:14 PM »
Ah Stan  .... didn't take you long to have a go at virtually everyone else on the Forum... surprise....think you will find it was dilly who was professing to be the font and throwing his opinions around free of charge....hence my post......I also suggested he keep posting and that all opinions were valid.....but......you may not have seen that ....I guess.... ha ha

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 08:31:59 PM »
Ah Stan  .... didn't take you long to have a go at virtually everyone else on the Forum... surprise....think you will find it was dilly who was professing to be the font and throwing his opinions around free of charge....hence my post......I also suggested he keep posting and that all opinions were valid.....but......you may not have seen that ....I guess.... ha ha
The only person on the forum that I'm having a go at is you for treating Dilly with undeserved contempt.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 08:36:53 PM »
Nice try, but I am not getting involved in the regular dingdong with you this time.......will say no more in response to your posts x

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 08:49:39 PM »
Nice try, but I am not getting involved in the regular dingdong with you this time.......will say no more in response to your posts x
Nice try! What for defending another poster! Treat other posters and the club with respect and you won't hear anything from me!