Author Topic: Will the FA end the season ?  (Read 3493 times)

GrahamB

• View Profile
Re: Will the FA end the season ?
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2020, 10:25:02 AM »
I have always supported the Chairman but in this instance I think there is more at stake than income, considering the fact that opposition have been in contact with a contaminated club. I am not advising you to stay at home Monday , I will be going to work too until advised otherwise. My point is why put people at risk today when it can be avoided. I must admit initially I thought whats all the fuss its just the flu, but hey who knows now. Also if we play today and lose that's to York's advantage another game in hand gone!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2020, 10:27:26 AM »
Despite believing the game ( and all others) should be called off we will be attending to give the Club and the Chairman the support he deserves.

Follow the guidelines, stay safe and hope for best best and expect the worst.    Football compared to people’s lives, so brainer.   This is going to touch us all, in some way.

Who else on here is attending today ?

Will be there, but would advise over 60’s not to go.

Given the issue of asymptomatic transmission, the focus should be on isolating the vulnerable, rather than those with symptoms, as that won’t stop its spread anyway.

Also, given the estimates floating around about the number of undiagnosed cases, it seems pretty clear that containment has failed. The government strategy of obtaining herd immunity seems to not have met with the public will. Will a Wuhan style lockdown, who knows?

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »
What time will the ticket office open today?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
I have always supported the Chairman but in this instance I think there is more at stake than income, considering the fact that opposition have been in contact with a contaminated club. I am not advising you to stay at home Monday , I will be going to work too until advised otherwise. My point is why put people at risk today when it can be avoided. I must admit initially I thought whats all the fuss its just the flu, but hey who knows now. Also if we play today and lose that's to York's advantage another game in hand gone!
The opposition have been in contact with a contaminated club. Where did you read that?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2020, 10:51:58 AM »
Nice to see Stan returning, after the Brexit fiasco he stated he would never return because of an alleged racist Brexit comment from the crowd? My question Stan is, if you believe the club cannot even control the language in the ground, what chance will they have with a virus?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2020, 10:53:56 AM »
Griss. I've only missed about 3 home games this season. Are you going today?

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2020, 10:59:53 AM »
page 3 on this thread post by Mallard

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2020, 11:09:18 AM »
page 3 on this thread post by Mallard
So you have been deterred from going today because of information placed on here by Mallard. I wonder how many others are not going to attend today because of information shared on here by Mallard who has whipped up a frenzy that is at odds with government advice. No doubt his motives were honourable.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
It was a re-post from Twitter by The Lynn News!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps I am working today

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2020, 11:33:54 AM »
Griss. I've only missed about 3 home games this season. Are you going today?

I may attend, but I have a cough and the sniffles, so at least people won't come near me.
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2020, 11:36:00 AM »
Totally agree with LL's point above re today's game.

If the impact of COVID-19 does end up turning into the 'long game' as the experts seem to be suggesting I think the FA will have a difficult decision but personally think the best option would be to call the 2019-20 season void and start again on time next year.  Tough on a number of clubs, including KL, but so are all the alternatives, I see SC is on Twitter talking nonsense about points per game (we have the best points per game irrespective of the outcome of today) but I don't see how that is any more 'fair' when teams have played different combinations of opposition / number of games.  I think you either have to play the whole season or not.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2020, 12:56:06 PM »
Fully agree Tony. Best option is to stay as we are at the moment. No promotions, no relegations, start again in May.

Tough on many, including us, but football is not as important as the welfare of the population.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2020, 01:13:14 PM »
No full and complete answer to what happens re promotion/relegation.  But does it really matter in the swing of things.
Coach load of Guiseley supporters in the Gatehouse who are in good spirits for the game,

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2020, 01:26:01 PM »
This is a tough one to call , me personally will attend from where I live  I can get in to the ground without contacting anyone/thing ... drive... walk .... enter( online ) then stand away from anyone ... my other side says at this moment there’s people shopping ( handling your food , trolley, doors ) in pubs ( again confined, handling glasses where you then put your mouth ) restaurants , all to me stand just as much chance to catch something if not more than footy .... me personally which I know could harm the takings  is not to open the bar that way no contained places . Yes I could get coughed on but that could happen anywhere... like the dirty b****d did in  Sainsbury’s this morning who thought it was ok not to cover his mouth .... just glad I wasn’t near him  :banghead;
Also personally think this could be the last footy fix of the season what a shame to end it this way