Author Topic: Will the FA end the season ?  (Read 3208 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Will the FA end the season ?
« on: March 13, 2020, 07:02:06 AM »
With the Arsenal Manager confirmed to have  CV and the Premier League calling an emergency meeting for today, I can’t see much football being played going forward.    I do wonder if Saturday will be the last game of the season at The Walks.

Sometimes There are much bigger things than a game of football.

Bluboy

• View Profile
Re: Will the FA end the season ?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 07:15:53 AM »
York and lynn to go up then  :scarf:

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 07:16:45 AM »
The government say that the main peak is many weeks away and are not advising people to avoid public events. I think your doommongering is a bit premature Mallard.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 07:32:48 AM »
With the next home game ( after Saturday) two weeks away, and everything changing, seemingly on a daily basis I wouldn’t call it ‘doommongering’. Just facing reality.   We have a lot of fans over retirement age, who may  see it that way.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 07:43:07 AM »
There's realistic and there's unnecessarily negative. We'll have to agree to differ.

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 09:16:12 AM »
The government say that the main peak is many weeks away and are not advising people to avoid public events. I think your doommongering is a bit premature Mallard.

I'd be 100% confident that will change by early next week at the latest.

Prem/EFL will be suspending for indefinite. Question then, what about non-league because they too get 1k+ crowds at Steps 1/2, and they'll start losing players to isolation? The income lost from here whilst still paying overheads could and will be crippling for a lot of clubs. Unprecedented stuff across football, and will have long term ramifications IMO if things are still getting worse come June, because do you cancel the leagues or roll them over into 20/21 season? Also have player contracts ending too.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 09:35:53 AM »
Can't help agreeing with Mallard and NonLeague after this current update

Posted at 9:009:00
Coronavirus sporting headlines
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta and England and Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi test positive
Arsenal's Premier League game with Brighton postponed
Chelsea and Arsenal squads self-isolating
Golf's Players Championship cancelled
Australian Grand Prix called off
The UK government considering banning sporting fixtures
Premier League to meet this morning to decide plan of action
Uefa to discuss possible Euro 2020 postponement on Tuesday

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 09:38:56 AM »
Parts of the UK are already banning meetings of over 500 people.

Being realistic, we have to ask when this will be in all parts of the UK, not if.

Being in the "high risk group" (over 60, underlying health problems, and Fat), I'm not taking any chances (or at least keeping the risk to a minimum).

"Football is not a case of life and death......its much more important than that". What a load of baloney that statement was/is! 
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 11:05:27 AM »
Prem, Championship, Leagues one and two now closed down until next month.

England's two friendly internationals also postponed.

A joint announcement from the Football Association, Premier League, EFL, Women’s Super League and Women’s Championship confirmed the professional game would be postponed in England until April 3 at the earliest.

The postponement takes in England’s two friendlies against Italy and Denmark on March 27 and 31.

“This action, which will be kept under constant review, has been taken due to the increasing numbers of clubs taking steps to isolate their players and staff because of the Covid-19 virus,” a statement said.

“It will also apply to all England team fixtures at every level and all FA competitions including the FA Cup and the Women’s FA Cup, along with academy and youth-team matches.

“The decision is being made purely on the number of cases requiring self-isolation and the impact on facilities. Given the steps being taken across clubs, there is no alternative but for today’s action.

“However, all parties are committed at this time to trying to complete this season’s domestic fixture programme and are liaising to establish appropriate options to do so.”

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 11:28:44 AM »
National League board meeting in the next hour.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 11:53:04 AM »
With the next home game ( after Saturday) two weeks away, and everything changing, seemingly on a daily basis I wouldn’t call it ‘doommongering’. Just facing reality.   We have a lot of fans over retirement age, who may  see it that way.

Likely a very prescient comment Mallard Well said

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 12:20:18 PM »

Mallard may well have been over optimistic here. We could hear very soon that last Tuesday was the last match of the season.   :dontknow:

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 12:50:21 PM »

Mallard may well have been over optimistic here. We could hear very soon that last Tuesday was the last match of the season.   :dontknow:

If it’s postponed/cancelled, I guess they’ll do one of two things; determine the league by points per game or declare the whole season null and void.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 12:59:35 PM »
Mallard do you think we are doomed doomed :oldman"

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 01:30:58 PM »
kltfc media

So many experts popping up re #coronavirus . Let's just leave it to the REAL experts to guide us. Business as usual at present for
@officialKLtown this weekend but PLEASE follow the #NHS guidelines around the ground and everyday life.

:dontknow: I thought the REAL experts had already spoken, and its what the supporters are basing their comments on.  :dontknow: