Author Topic: Will the FA end the season ?  (Read 3454 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Will the FA end the season ?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 01:46:03 PM »
LEAGUE STATEMENT After careful consideration the Management Board of the Spartan South Midlands League has decided that all league and cup fixtures within the League will be suspended with immediate effect,

This is step 5-7 level

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 01:57:06 PM »
kltfc media

So many experts popping up re #coronavirus . Let's just leave it to the REAL experts to guide us. Business as usual at present for
@officialKLtown this weekend but PLEASE follow the #NHS guidelines

:dontknow: I thought the REAL experts had already spoken, and its what the supporters are basing their comments on.  :dontknow:

Seems like the Premier League EFL and other Leagues disagree and are not leaving it to the experts.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 03:21:07 PM »
National league matches this weekend are ON

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2020, 03:26:55 PM »
All systems go for tomorrow.  Hope itís win for Lynn to get us back on track.

With Prem EFL Scottish Leagues and other minor  Leagues calling a halt.  Itís brave of the National
League to carry on.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 03:32:39 PM »
That's good news. With Norwich game off we might get Radio Norfolk commentary. :welcome:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 03:38:04 PM »
Now even more important for Lynn to win and keep their pts to matches played ratio above York's.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 03:47:59 PM »
Iím not sure KES that is the most important thing, but I understand your sentiment.

I donít really understand why all these Leagues have called a halt but the National League has decided to carry on.   Can only speculate on what the main criteria was for this decision.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 03:59:39 PM »
It's a Football Forum Mall, so I am expressing a football consideration.
Maybe the NL and steps 3 and 4 took the stance that the exposure in terms of crowd size is much less than PL and EFL and they have decided to follow government advice....who knows.......maybe they will issue a further statement(?)
Whilst we still have schools and unis open in the UK, I can see the argument....regardless of which side we come down as individuals.
I see France has stopped sporting events AND closed schools and Unis today.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 04:08:05 PM »
Btw... current medical thinking in the UK is that it is important for the general population to build up an immunity to the virus, whilst the more vulnerable need to be protected.
It is very likely that this virus will be a seasonal phenomenon, which will recur in future years...hence the importance of building up immunity in the general population.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 04:29:42 PM »
Point taken KES.   Some very valid points you make there.

Anyway the decision has been made letís hope the Club gets well supported, and 3 points are gained.  Be good to see Altrincham do us a favour as well.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 04:30:37 PM »
Good news for the Club. Who knows what the end result would have been if this and subsequent games had been cancelled. Personally, I must admit I am surprised by the decision. I do wonder what the decision was based on and if its a case of  the real experts that made this decision, or the decision makers ignoring the real experts.   :dontknow:

Plenty of hand sanitizer being placed strategically around the ground (toilets, bar, eatng outlets etc)?  Those supporters that are at the game potentially putting themselves at a higher risk than if they stayed at home, need the Club to try and help protect them the best they can.

Regarding the football, prediction is that we will be back on track tomorrow!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 04:48:02 PM »
Think toilets need a deep clean before tomorrow they were discusting  Tuesday.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 05:03:32 PM »
Iím sure Jamie Farr will ensure there are hand sanitizers available around the ground. People supporting the club need to be kept as  safe as possible

Have to agree the toilets were in a disgusting state on Tuesday.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2020, 05:13:02 PM »
You wonder if the financial impact of cancellation for non-league played more of a role than it did for league. It also makes the national the only football on tv this weekend.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2020, 05:39:32 PM »
It's clearly best to wait for and follow official guidance to keep levels of paranoia and doom mongering to a minimum.