Author Topic: Will the FA end the season ?  (Read 3460 times)

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
Re: Will the FA end the season ?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2020, 12:19:30 AM »
The Times reports that the Government will announce that all outside gatherings of 500 people or more are to be banned from next week

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2020, 06:00:29 AM »
We’ve all got opinions about this, at least those who know what’s going on.  My turn to spout an opinion.  BLOODY RIDICULOUS DECISION BY THE LEAGUE. Can’t agree with Stan’s attitude at all.  But if the game goes ahead, I hope the players don’t make the amazing mistake I’ve seen in top-class matches, with players rightly observing the no handshake before the game instruction, but then hand-shaking, cuddling, and virtually snogging each other when a goal is scored or the game ends !!  Unbelievable, and I’ve not heard a single manager or media person mention this once !.......
Dilly. I work in a school and am well aware of the dangers that this virus poses. Many people that I work with are concerned that the government (although with this government not surprised) hasn't taken more significant action sooner. My point on here is that two or three posters on here just love giving oxygen to anything that could have a negative outcome for the club. It was the same with the game call offs recently and the cash flow problems that would have arisen.
These characters will come out with the usual tosh about the right to discuss all football related matters and they'll probably try and take the moral high ground in some way but, ask yourself: which organisation will benefit if the club, in its present form goes under? Who is in position to take over should the current chairman find the position at Lynn financially untenable?

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2020, 07:58:52 AM »
Absolute disgrace that the league "have decided" to fulfil these fixtures, obviously have greater medical knowledge than the Government and Premier league. As with rearranging fixtures they have again shown total disregard for the players, their well being , and also that of  club officials and staff alike........ Dinosaurs. Currently NO cases in Norfolk decisions like this will change that!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2020, 08:38:59 AM »
Absolute disgrace that the league "have decided" to fulfil these fixtures, obviously have greater medical knowledge than the Government and Premier league. As with rearranging fixtures they have again shown total disregard for the players, their well being , and also that of  club officials and staff alike........ Dinosaurs. Currently NO cases in Norfolk decisions like this will change that!
The government haven't advised against attending mass gatherings Graham, at least not the last time I looked, and by your reasoning are also therefore an absolute disgrace!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2020, 08:43:03 AM »
Graham,   I hadn’t realised the Government had recommended that all sporting events should be banned.  60,000 turned up to watch Al Bum photo win the Gold Cup yesterday ( nice return there).   So IMHO the National League have just followed guidelines as laid down.   

To me the National League have thrown it back to the clubs to make their own call on playing the games.    Chester decided they weren’t prepared to risk the health of their staff and players, while other clubs have decided to press ahead.

How many Clubs at Non League ( and indeed at the lower levels of the pro game) can afford to carry on after this terrible situation goes full circle, remains to be seen.   My hope is that the fans of all these clubs will rally around the owners to allow them to continue, next season.  I will certainly be supporting ours.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2020, 08:54:18 AM »
I read that compensation for lost revenue will be provided by the government, so it is premature to start anticipating the club's demise. Government bailed out the bankers after all.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2020, 09:01:27 AM »

How many Clubs at Non League ( and indeed at the lower levels of the pro game) can afford to carry on after this terrible situation goes full circle, remains to be seen.   My hope is that the fans of all these clubs will rally around the owners to allow them to continue, next season.  I will certainly be supporting ours.

Seems to me that a bit of polarisation is creeping in here. Just because some (majority by the looks of it), disagree with the National Leagues position, does not mean they won't be supporting the Club next season.

Just been listening to Trameres Chairman on BBC (think he's also an Insolvency Practioneer). He's well aware of the problems a shut down wiil cause his and other Clubs cash flow, but is realistic about the dangers the virus can pose. No sign of a "them and us attitude" there.

Also a Liverpool supporter who earns a living in the game and runs a podcast. Saying as much as she wants Liverpool to win the title,  the health and well being of supporters players and officials is more important.

Noticeable that a few that usually comment on here, Facebook ad Twitter have been quiet (at least on this subject). So who will not be going today, because of their opinion and thoughts on the Virus situation?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2020, 09:03:10 AM »
Stan’s response to my last post has baffled me further.  Stan, the first half of your response looked rational, if debatable on your assessment of other poster’s motivations.  So, up to half-way I understood you, albeit with areas of disagreement.  However, your second paragraph is the point at which my gob became smacked, because you appear to be asking me, (“ask yourself”), and by inference, others, to put health issues below the well-being of the club.  In view of the seriousness of the global, (including “Norfolk”), situation, that aspect of your post appears to me to be ludicrous.  Nothing personal here, but surely priorities should be prioritised ?!

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2020, 09:14:13 AM »
i'm amazed that some on here would  put the health issues to one side for an afternoons entertainment rather than look at the long term effects. Surely putting the players of a team we have all season  into contact with a team that played a "contaminated" team mid week is a misguided decision.
Cancel the season now, take the league standings as they are with no play offs ie promotion and relegation, and start again in July.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2020, 09:17:02 AM »
Stan’s response to my last post has baffled me further.  Stan, the first half of your response looked rational, if debatable on your assessment of other poster’s motivations.  So, up to half-way I understood you, albeit with areas of disagreement.  However, your second paragraph is the point at which my gob became smacked, because you appear to be asking me, (“ask yourself”), and by inference, others, to put health issues below the well-being of the club.  In view of the seriousness of the global, (including “Norfolk”), situation, that aspect of your post appears to me to be ludicrous.  Nothing personal here, but surely priorities should be prioritised ?!
That's not what I said Dilly. You have misunderstood my point which is that some like to fan the flames of negativity: to amplify them; give them oxygen: this is not the first time, I can assure you. Will you be at the match today?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2020, 09:20:08 AM »
i'm amazed that some on here would  put the health issues to one side for an afternoons entertainment rather than look at the long term effects. Surely putting the players of a team we have all season  into contact with a team that played a "contaminated" team mid week is a misguided decision.
Cancel the season now, take the league standings as they are with no play offs ie promotion and relegation, and start again in July.
Following government guidance, I will be at the match today and at school on Monday morning.

GrahamB

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2020, 09:25:52 AM »
Stan,Perhaps you should stay on a bit longer and get educated!  :banghead;  :banghead;  :banghead;

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2020, 09:42:56 AM »
Stan,Perhaps you should stay on a bit longer and get educated!  :banghead;  :banghead;  :banghead;
Best not to make personal comments Graham. Would you advise me to stay away from school on Monday?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2020, 10:00:29 AM »
All this is very bizarre and makes you wonder what will come out next.

A Club Chairman desperately eager to get a home game on today, but trying to persuade another Club Chairman to postpone their next away game?  :dontknow:

Anything could happen in the next 5 minutes!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2020, 10:04:14 AM »
Despite believing the game ( and all others) should be called off we will be attending to give the Club and the Chairman the support he deserves.

Follow the guidelines, stay safe and hope for best and expect the worst.    Football compared to people’s lives, so brainer.   This is going to touch us all, in some way.

Who else on here is attending today ?