Author Topic: Guiseley  (Read 4184 times)

TonyM

• View Profile
Guiseley
« on: March 14, 2020, 11:20:59 AM »
So... with todays game on (as at 11am at least) what do people think IC should do?  Does he stick with the 5-6 lads who had to be 'carried' on Tuesday evening or does he bring in lads off the bench, or even those who didn't make the bench, to freshen things up?

Personally I don't think we have ever seen such a strong squad at the Walks so my preference would be to shake it up a bit and would certainly like to see Fox, Payne and Kelly in the starting lineup at the expense of Burrows, Jarvis and Power but appreciate you could make a case for a number of other lads too.  I don't think we need to be worried about resting players for the fixture congestion in March anymore so probably just a case of going out there today and giving the fans a good (potential) final game of the season

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2020, 11:31:12 AM »
Would definitely wish to see Fox playing. Henderson to start for me. Power on the bench.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »
Live commentary on Radio Norfolk. :thanks:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2020, 01:15:00 PM »
I'm sure what ever 11 &16 IC goes with will be 100% on it. They owe him one after Tuesday

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2020, 05:20:59 PM »
We made plenty of chances today, but Marriott seems to have lost his shooting boots, he could easily have had a hat-trick. A better performance than Tuesday by a long way, but still not at our best.

Not one for having a go at the ref normally, but some very poor decisions today. By the end it appeared impartiality had gone out the window.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »
We made plenty of chances today, but Marriott seems to have lost his shooting boots, he could easily have had a hat-trick. A better performance than Tuesday by a long way, but still not at our best.

Not one for having a go at the ref normally, but some very poor decisions today. By the end it appeared impartiality had gone out the window.
[/quotes ]The kindest  thing to say about that referee is he had no idea how to

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2020, 05:34:04 PM »
Dear oh dear.......

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2020, 05:51:15 PM »
It was worse than that

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2020, 06:10:09 PM »
Much, much better from Lynn and on any normal day would have got a point or probably all three had a) Marriott had his shooting boots on or b) we had had a ref who was not determined from the first minute to be 100% one sided.  We can all huff and puff about referees giving decisions against our team and their general incompetence but today smacked of something far more premeditated, not sure if we have had him before so he was 'getting his retaliation in first' but very, very biased.  SC said in post match interview on Radio Norfolk there was an assessor there today so hopefully they will feed back to HQ although that won't repair the damage he did today.

On the pitch, I thought we played as well as we have for a while, Marriott could have had a hat-trick but another game where Southwell didn't provide any real threat, the more I see the more he looks like a panic acquisition and the fact he is on a multi year contract doesn't bode well.  Good games for Henderson, Payne and the back three, thought Street was to blame for their goal but very good save in the second half to keep us in it.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2020, 06:19:04 PM »
Hendersonís interview on the youtube channel is telling.

pasmith73

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2020, 06:25:47 PM »
Just back from the game, really shocked with the refereeís performance. Iíve never seen such blatant one-sided officiating. Plenty of laughable decisions, eg. their missed hand-ball which everyone else saw, booking Hendo for diving, and the most incredible was when one of their players jumped all over Gash and he gave them a free-kick! And then booked Gash!
There was obviously an agenda there.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2020, 07:08:37 PM »
Wow where to start on the game today.

Ref total shocker.  Worst Iíve seen in many of Year.   Nowhere near good enough for this level. Was guessing decisions.

As for the game.   Lynn started brightly on what looked a tricky surface.  No idea why the sprinklers were used just before kick off as it made the area near the dugout a little muddy.   We didnít look that comfortable when playing the ball across the back 3/5.

Had a couple of chances, Marriott missing out on a 1 on 1 with the keeper.   The Guiseley  7 looked a handful with pace to burn.   Then disaster as we gifted the visitors a goal with a weak Tom Ward header failing to reach Street.

2nd half saw Lynn really go for it and more chances created for Marriott which before February he would have buried without a 2nd thought,   Subs made and pressure continued thought Guiseley looked dangerous on the break.   The finish just wouldnít come.

I donít think Iíve seen IC so animated as he was on the line today.  Be really good to hear his take on the match in his interview as this could well be the last one of the season. 

Also Was interesting to hear Stephen Cleeve on Radio Norfolk after the game where he discussed the issues facing him and the club going forward.  He said thatís it for the season playing wise.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2020, 07:29:26 PM »

I donít think Iíve seen IC so animated as he was on line today.  Be really good to hear his take on the match in his interview as this could well be the last one of the season. 

I wouldn't hold you breath on that one!

Bevan Asher has tweeted "No Managers interview either".

:dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2020, 07:56:06 PM »
Anyone know why Bev hasnít done an interview with The Boss.  Normally Bev is bang on with things like that.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2020, 08:13:46 PM »
I see even our MP who was at the game wasn't impressed by the ref.