Author Topic: Guiseley  (Read 4429 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Guiseley
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 08:48:04 PM »
In all my years off watching football I have never seen  Ref has bad has this man he was a Joke not only did he miss two stonewall penalties he should have sent two off ,he should be removed from Referring

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 12:17:06 AM »
I've lost count in my years of watching football, where fans have bemoaned the referee for a bad result.

BUT......today was the worst refereeing performance I personally  have seen, either on TV or in the flesh.

He was clueless - his decisions caused bafflement amongst us Lynn fans and even the couple of Guiseley fans I spoke to (although it's easier to be "sympathetic" when you win!!)

However, Guiseley, like Bradford, done a job on us, they contained us, they were cute, they wasted time where they could, etc. etc.

As for Lynn, I bet Maz is sitting at home wondering how he hasn't got the match ball - not having a pop at the guy as he has been immense, but he seemed to snatch at a couple of his chances where as a few weeks ago he would easily have netted,

Our formation - started as a 3-5-2 (I think) but looked better as a 4-4-2 and with Gash and Power on the pitch.

MotM - Rory McCauley and I wouldn't argue with that, the guy is a warrior, a leader and even in the warm up when they were playing keep ball, was as ferocious as he is during a match, such is his desire to win.
His counterparts - Smith & Ward do not inspire me with the same confidence although personally I blame Pedro more than Ward for their goal.

Will the season finish?? Who know's, but if there is still football to be played we need to get back to winning ways sooner rather than later or the season will definitely be finished.

Radio Norfolk - nothing but respect for our chairman in his interview.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 07:45:50 AM »
Lynn created sufficient chances to have won but a cock up between Pedro and Ward, Marriott's loss of form, and some dubious refereeing went against Lynn. Guiseley are a decent side though.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2020, 10:53:48 AM »
This will put the cat amongst the pigeons but just watched a YouTube vid by someone called Jack Beeton (not sure how to copy it) but it looks like the ref got the Henderson penalty decision right and it does look like Henderson guilty of simulation. I played it slow-mo.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2020, 11:13:04 AM »
Can't agree with you there. Certainly not a deliberate dive he was shouldered over.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2020, 11:23:45 AM »
Can't agree with you there. Certainly not a deliberate dive he was shouldered over.
You are allowed to use a shoulder in football. If you look carefully, you'll notice that Henderson puts his foot against the defender.
I thought it was a pen originally but not anymore.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2020, 11:30:03 AM »
Shoulder to Shoulder ok shoulder in the back not ok

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2020, 11:33:24 AM »
It wasn't shoulder in the back. I used to ref, albeit no higher than Anglian Combination but having now seen it from a different angle, firmly believe he made the correction decision.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2020, 11:34:24 AM »
It's a tighter call than it might at first appear, but I have freeze framed Bev's video at point of contact and Guiseley player def leans in against Hendo's rhs when ball is to Hendo's left.
From that pic and angle you would give a pen as it appears more of a shove than a general shoulder to shoulder....close one though.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2020, 11:39:36 AM »
Jack Beeton's video shows a much clearer angle. A freeze frame by it's very nature won't be able to evidence a push.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2020, 11:50:57 AM »
Donít forget to take the referee position/angle.  As Hendo ran from  nearly the half way line following a Guiseley mistake then unless the ref was incredibly quick, he was going to be a long away from the play.   Donít think the linesman helped him out either. 

What I can recall of incident Hendo had a yard on the defender but lost that advantage as both players reached the edge of the box. Hendo then went across the defender and both players went down.  Seen them given seen them waved away, but to book Hendo for simulation was a very strange call.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2020, 12:02:46 PM »
Henderson goes over far too easily. You can see that the Guiseley player is going to get to the ball first and at that moment Henderson moves in towards the player and then goes to ground as though shoved. No foul; Henderson goes over dramatically= no pen and booking for simulation. Fair and reasonable decisions from the ref.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2020, 12:59:45 PM »
So speaks a Guisley supporter you must be the only person in the ground who didn't think that was a penalty. Oh and rhat idiot with the whistle

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2020, 01:38:57 PM »
So speaks a Guisley supporter you must be the only person in the ground who didn't think that was a penalty. Oh and rhat idiot with the whistle
Have you watched the video? I'll think you'll find the facts don't agree with your feelings.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »
The referee i use the term lightly did not have a video to watch. The first feeling for all of us was penalty. The only person who did not was the idiot. If he got it right would be obe hell if a referee which he blatantly wasn't