Author Topic: Guiseley  (Read 3381 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: Guiseley
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2020, 02:06:53 PM »
The referee i use the term lightly did not have a video to watch. The first feeling for all of us was penalty. The only person who did not was the idiot. If he got it right would be obe hell if a referee which he blatantly wasn't
But if the referee made the correct decision (and he did) when not being in an ideal position that's actually to his credit. I thought it was a penalty yesterday but the ref was the best placed to see the situation yesterday and he got it right. Obviously, I'm disappointed that it wasn't a pen and yesterday's result was miserable but I've looked at the evidence several times and have no doubt that the ref got that decision right. I realise that this won't be a popular view but sometimes you just gotta hold your hand up and admit you got it wrong.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2020, 02:11:51 PM »
Mike, how far behind the incident would you say he was when the coming together happened. ?  Two players lying on the floor in the penalty area.  He had to give something.  He was guessing at incidents.   Right or wrong on the pen, he was poor all afternoon.   

Having said all that the ref didnít miss 4/5 guilt edge chances.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2020, 02:16:13 PM »
Still looks a foul to me but no pen. First contact was in the D, so no pen, but an illegal tackle denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. The fact the ball was to the left of Hendo and the defender came in from the right side means it can't possibly be a fair shoulder to shoulder.. should have been a free kick and a red card IMO.....at no time is the defender looking to get to or make contact with the ball...just contact with Hendo

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2020, 02:23:33 PM »
Mike, how far behind the incident would you say he was when the coming together happened. ?  Two players lying on the floor in the penalty area.  He had to give something.  He was guessing at incidents.   Right or wrong on the pen, he was poor all afternoon.   

Having said all that the ref didnít miss 4/5 guilt edge chances.
The ref was close enough for a good view to make the right decision. I'm not defending his other decisions but it's very easy to get caught up in a lynch- mob mentality during a game.
We all got that penalty decision wrong yesterday, except for the ref. The need for scapegoats is very powerful in these circumstances but credit where credit is due.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2020, 02:32:18 PM »
Still looks a foul to me but no pen. First contact was in the D, so no pen, but an illegal tackle denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. The fact the ball was to the left of Hendo and the defender came in from the right side means it can't possibly be a fair shoulder to shoulder.. should have been a free kick and a red card IMO.....at no time is the defender looking to get to or make contact with the ball...just contact with Hendo
The ball wasn't to the left it was directly in front of them. Simple foot race that Henderson realised he was going to lose and if you look carefully you'll notice that he clips his own ankles: a classic footballer ploy. You can't blame him for trying but the booking was deserved.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2020, 02:49:40 PM »
I will see if I can post the freeze frame Stan...ball is clearly to the left of Hendo at point of initial contact as I recall, but will check and post if my memory of it is correct.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2020, 02:58:38 PM »
I've looked at the freeze frame and slow-mo. Henderson clips his own heels hence the yellow for simulation.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2020, 03:14:16 PM »
We will have to disagree on that one...a foul all day long for me

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2020, 03:24:01 PM »
We will have to disagree on that one...a foul all day long for me
So are you telling me that you can't see Henderson clip his own ankles? This isn't a question of a difference of opinion the facts are there for all to see.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2020, 03:26:42 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0IDBNqwIVU&feature=share
Watch in slow motion from about 4.50 onwards.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
Referees at this level have to rely on their judgement,no VAR here! Anyone in their right mind being in the position of the refere or the linesman would have given a foul our way,they went with the shout from Guiseley players,the basis on which most decisions were mad during the game! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2020, 04:28:49 PM »
Referees at this level have to rely on their judgement,no VAR here! Anyone in their right mind being in the position of the refere or the linesman would have given a foul our way,they went with the shout from Guiseley players,the basis on which most decisions were mad during the game! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
"Anyone in their right mind!" You mean anyone with your mind. Suck it up Griss, you know it wasn't a pen!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2020, 04:59:17 PM »
Ok letís replay it, Hypothetically of course. Ref points to the spot.  Up steps our 30 goal penalty taker.

On his form of late and particularly yesterday what happens next ?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
Goal and with the confidence he gets another 15 over the remaining games and Lynn breeze the league

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2020, 05:05:28 PM »
Looked at your offering several times Stan..... it's still a foul.... had a quality eye test two weeks ago....when did you last go to Specsavers ?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: