Author Topic: The problem football clubs are now facing.  (Read 7688 times)

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
Re: The problem football clubs are now facing.
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2020, 05:47:54 AM »
How much of a circle can this carry on going round? Has anyone actually emailed the trust to see what their position is,or emailed the club? :dontknow:
There's no circle Griss. Tony made a point about the trust coming across as a disgruntled safety net and I've just expanded that idea from my own perspective. We've moved on from the original point about the trust not doing anything to broader issues. Sorry, if that sounds patronising but you did ask.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2020, 05:51:04 AM »
" if you're not with us you're against us type of thinking and arguments"

Stan, that has been the ideology of this clubs owners since its formation, Not the Trust. Both have been more than happy to be one man bands. Which you no doubt know.
I agree this problem is on both sides and I did say that both parties need to be more open minded.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2020, 06:13:20 AM »
Didnít the Trust buy and pay for for the insulation of the 2 new sets of turnstiles during this season ?  Hardly the act of an unsupportive body.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2020, 07:57:12 AM »
Didnít the Trust buy and pay for for the insulation of the 2 new sets of turnstiles during this season ?  Hardly the act of an unsupportive body.
That's very true, although I thought it was the fans who raised the money, admittedly via trust initiative and organisation. Are you suggesting that the trust have at least tried to work with the club but the club haven't tried to work with the trust?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2020, 01:06:34 PM »
Apparently The Trust Chairman and the Club Chairman have communicated with each other since the weekend.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2020, 01:32:33 PM »
That's very true, although I thought it was the fans who raised the money, admittedly via trust initiative and organisation. Are you suggesting that the trust have at least tried to work with the club but the club haven't tried to work with the trust?

All 'Trust funds' are monies raised by fans Stan.  The GDF was an excellent example of how the Trust could work with the club - fans who contributed knew their money would be safe due to the Trust's rules and regs and would be spent on the designated area and the club got a contribution towards necessary ground improvements.  The disappointing thing is that even up to its launch SC was trying his best to stop it being set up, although I do think he now sees that it was a good proposal.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2020, 01:35:28 PM »
Apparently The Trust Chairman and the Club Chairman have communicated with each other since the weekend.

Glad to hear they are in communication but, as ever, Trust board are bound by their constitution to put major expenditure to the members, something that both the current and previous owners have struggled with.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2020, 01:55:57 PM »

Glad to hear they are in communication but, as ever, Trust board are bound by their constitution to put major expenditure to the members, something that both the current and previous owners have struggled with.

Correct on both points Tony.    :clap:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 25, 2020, 08:05:10 PM »
How much of a circle can this carry on going round? Has anyone actually emailed the trust to see what their position is,or emailed the club? :dontknow:

Old Loopy was a lot better than Stan. :laughcry: Grissles.
all this coming from fc United man hey Marcus ,and thereís me thinking you had deserted lynn for the mancs

Still here Loopy keeping an eye on things.  With a good understanding on supporter owned clubs and sensible sustainable club management.  :cheers:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-manager-paul-lambert-defers-wages-1-6581320

Nice gesture from Paul Lambert at Ipswich to try to keep others in a job.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2020, 09:55:10 PM »

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2020, 11:09:16 AM »
https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-manager-paul-lambert-defers-wages-1-6581320

:clap:  :clap:   :clap:
It is a nice gesture but he can obviously afford to do it.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2020, 10:02:18 PM »

:clap:  :clap:   :clap:
It is a nice gesture but he can obviously afford to do it.

I would think most people only give what they can afford.  :banghead;