Author Topic: The problem football clubs are now facing.  (Read 6357 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: The problem football clubs are now facing.
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2020, 07:45:06 PM »
The ' Linnets Donations ' scheme has so far raised £500. Thank you.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2020, 08:52:26 PM »
I intend to donate as well when I’ve seen the forthcoming video.  But, I keep seeing suggestions of a  “Quiz Night”......  Surely you’d need about a hundred of them to make any impression on the sums needed either to survive or progress ?!.....
Anyway, the big thing is first to survive as individuals, then revert to helping the club to achieve National or League status.  On the survival front, don’t follow Stanley Johnson’s ignorance by going to the pub, and so far I’ve heard Sunak’s plans for businesses, but haven’t heard any plans to help out the people who rent, or pull the pints, or turn up when offered the chance on Zero-hour contracts....

Last quiz night I believe raised in the region of 500 pounds,not to be sniffed at!
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2020, 10:46:23 PM »
I agree Grissles - £500 was indeed a good effort and result....

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2020, 01:39:34 AM »
Has suggested I have donated the £60 pounds for the four remaining games even though Iam a Season Ticket holder why have I done this you may ask ,the answer is simple I have enjoyed watching lynn for the last nine seasons and I would like to make it ten

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2020, 03:40:38 AM »
Has suggested I have donated the £60 pounds for the four remaining games even though Iam a Season Ticket holder why have I done this you may ask ,the answer is simple I have enjoyed watching lynn for the last nine seasons and I would like to make it ten
Yeah, that's what I plan to do. It's money that I would have spent anyway. I usually spend £20 per match so will donate £80 in 4 lots of £20

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2020, 03:46:28 AM »
The ' Linnets Donations ' scheme has so far raised £500. Thank you.
I still think you'd achieve more with a target which reflects what remains to be raised after government intervention: targets focus the mind and will motivate fans more than what you are doing now.
I assume that the £500 excludes the contribution from season ticket holders?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2020, 04:14:31 AM »
Players are self employed as semi-professionals. Have any volunteered not to be paid until they have played the game/s?

Good question Mike.

However I think we would have already heard if the players had volunteered that.
Semi-professional yes but we can't just assume that players' earnings from football are just bunce on the top of regular salaries from elsewhere. I bet a lot of these guys depend on their income from football. They will have families and mortgages just like the rest of us.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2020, 01:32:13 PM »
Players are self employed as semi-professionals. Have any volunteered not to be paid until they have played the game/s?

Some Companies now asking their employees to take unpaid leave (some as much as 8 weeks) and others having a 25% drop in wages (and some of these are minimum wage employees).   :dontknow:

"AIRLINE Virgin Atlantic is asking 8,500 staff to take eight weeks of unpaid leave to reduce costs while it requests a taxpayer-funded bailout due to the coronavirus pandemic".

"Pret a Manger is to cut staff working hours and pay by a quarter across its 550 branches as customers follow government advice to stay at home to dampen the spread of coronavirus".
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2020, 02:52:31 PM »
Any saving has to be important to get the Chairman to his 100k goal.  Maybe Stephen could make an offer to each player to pay up their contact for the last month of the season.  50% of something has to be better than a 100% of nothing.

Has the Chairman said how much he is prepared to support the club by ?  Then again if he is not prepared to carry on propping up the club next season where does it go from there ? 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2020, 06:16:15 PM »
Hearts in the Scottish League have TOLD All staff that as from April 1 they must take a 50% wage cut.
Those that are unable or unwilling will be offered the chance to leave the Club

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2020, 07:22:10 PM »
The ' Linnets Donations ' scheme has so far raised £910. Thank you. The next update will be on Monday

Dilligaf

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2020, 01:27:18 PM »

I take it as club officials have been on here and ignored your question Mike.....that'll be a no then....

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2020, 06:02:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/StephenCleeve/status/1241465202069188609?s=20
This is a great idea. Buy your ticket for the remaining home games as normal. If the games are played later in the year (looking possible) then you've bought a ticket; if the game doesn't go ahead then it's a donation.
Surely fans will get behind this!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2020, 08:08:39 AM »

I take it as club officials have been on here and ignored your question Mike.....that'll be a no then....

Some are on a Contract. Some are paid by the Game. All are on Expenses for travel and training. Some are Self-Employed.

We are all in different boats. Some of us are employed, un-employed, one job, two or more jobs, have a pension and some have two or more pensions. Others are on benefits and some have savings - others not.

However, with regard to COVID19 we are all in the same sea (just different boats).
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2020, 08:12:14 AM »
https://twitter.com/StephenCleeve/status/1241465202069188609?s=20
This is a great idea. Buy your ticket for the remaining home games as normal. If the games are played later in the year (looking possible) then you've bought a ticket; if the game doesn't go ahead then it's a donation.
Surely fans will get behind this!

As a Season Ticket Holder I have already done this. In a previous Post I have said that we are all in the same Sea - just different Boats.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.