Author Topic: The problem football clubs are now facing.  (Read 6355 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: The problem football clubs are now facing.
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 07:07:16 PM »
As a Season Ticket holder I shall NOT be making a claim to get my money back. I took the risk of paying "up front" and any un-for-seen events that preclude me from attending (illness, the wife saying "your coming on holiday" etc.) must be accepted.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2020, 02:11:04 AM »
Well said Mike it never crossed my mind to ask for refund how would that help the club

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2020, 08:22:21 AM »
 I'd be very surprised if there are any requests for refunds. :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2020, 10:47:42 AM »
Iíve donated my Southport, Brackley ticket refund , also Kettering travel
Least we can do after the season weíve enjoyed and all the hard work by everyone behind the scenes  :scarf:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2020, 11:50:23 AM »
Iíve donated my Southport, Brackley ticket refund , also Kettering travel
Least we can do after the season weíve enjoyed and all the hard work by everyone behind the scenes  :scarf:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2020, 11:51:14 AM »
25k Grant ( not loan) makes a decent dent that Stephen Cleeve needs to get him to the end of the summer.  Hopefully the players and other staff will help Stephen make a further dent in that 100k figure.  Supporters can play their part.

Any ideas on how the Club could raise further funds online and also connect  and interact with the fans?

Online Quiz ?  Online fans forum ?  Both allowing the fans to pay/donate.Maybe Mark can organise it Iím sure he canít have a lot on his plate at the mo.
I still think fans could buy tickets for the remaining games, although I realise that some will have financial problems if their own.
Curious that no one's commented on this suggestion. It could make all the difference. Including money from season ticket holders assume attendances of 1,000 X 4 home games games = 4000 X £15 = £60,000.
Am I missing something here? This plan seems simple, obvious and effective!

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 01:37:01 PM »
25k Grant ( not loan) makes a decent dent that Stephen Cleeve needs to get him to the end of the summer.  Hopefully the players and other staff will help Stephen make a further dent in that 100k figure.  Supporters can play their part.

Any ideas on how the Club could raise further funds online and also connect  and interact with the fans?

Online Quiz ?  Online fans forum ?  Both allowing the fans to pay/donate.Maybe Mark can organise it Iím sure he canít have a lot on his plate at the mo.
I still think fans could buy tickets for the remaining games, although I realise that some will have financial problems if their own.
Curious that no one's commented on this suggestion. It could make all the difference. Including money from season ticket holders assume attendances of 1,000 X 4 home games games = 4000 X £15 = £60,000.
Am I missing something here? This plan seems simple, obvious and effective!

But donít forget concessions and children /students wonít be paying £15 on a match day
Just ask 1000 people for £15 donations 

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2020, 04:01:47 PM »
I see there is now a donations page on the Kings Lynn Football Clubs website. Although I am unable to get to see the linnets nowadays, a donation is on it's way. Well done to all those who are not claiming a refund on their season tickets. These are indeed uncertain times, Lets hope the the richer clubs will help the lower leagues out. We all love our clubs and the game of football but never forget that family and friends are paramount. So stay safe and let's hope it's not too long before we once again enjoy the game. :scarf: :scarf:

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2020, 05:09:01 PM »
On behalf of the football club may I thank each and everyone of you for your kind offers, words , donations and support shown towards the football club at this very , very difficult time. As has been mentioned we have today set up a link on the football club site where you can donate if you wish by  clicking  the match ticket link , then ' Linnets donations ' and the options will then pop up. Thanks again. I will be posting a total to date figure here around 7 pm each evening starting on Thursday.

I will be popping in here from time to time to keep you updated. At the moment the season is only suspended until April 3 rd. We expect to have further information ourselves as to the next steps to be taken around that date. I will also attempt to answer any questions you may have here or you can e - mail me at mark@kltown.co.uk or call me on 01553 760060 .

Myself and the chairman plan to do a podcast at some stage shortly which will be available to view in the not to distant future.

I continue to be busy on various club business in these very difficult times we are all now facing.

Stay safe, keep well and look after each other.

Regards,

Mark.

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2020, 05:14:21 PM »
Barnet have made 60 non playing staff redundant as a result of the Coronavirus situation. 

jesuslinnet

• View Profile

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2020, 07:43:34 PM »
Mark i tried to donate £60 but it would only let me donate £20 it to pass the the £20 mark this needs looking at

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2020, 07:52:55 PM »
Malcolm,  I'm sure you do £20 at a time if the desired amount is over £20. Thanks.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2020, 08:43:58 PM »
Good point Malcolm, Donated £20 assuming that was the maximum. Mark could there be a link included to say Other amount. Then the process only needs to be done once, if various amounts wish to be donated. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2020, 08:48:11 PM »
I intend to donate as well when Iíve seen the forthcoming video.  But, I keep seeing suggestions of a  ďQuiz NightĒ......  Surely youíd need about a hundred of them to make any impression on the sums needed either to survive or progress ?!.....
Anyway, the big thing is first to survive as individuals, then revert to helping the club to achieve National or League status.  On the survival front, donít follow Stanley Johnsonís ignorance by going to the pub, and so far Iíve heard Sunakís plans for businesses, but havenít heard any plans to help out the people who rent, or pull the pints, or turn up when offered the chance on Zero-hour contracts....