Author Topic: The problem football clubs are now facing.  (Read 5999 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
Re: The problem football clubs are now facing.
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2020, 09:24:06 PM »
He's covered the subject of the rent.
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2020, 09:30:58 PM »
Mark

Thanks for the update.

Will 100% of the donated money go to the Club, or will the company that run the ticketing be taking a fee?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2020, 09:40:13 PM »
He's covered the subject of the rent.
But not adequately...... surprise surprise, self employed and renters at the end of the queue

Les Smith

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2020, 10:43:19 PM »

On behalf of the football club may I thank each and everyone of you for your kind offers, words , donations and support shown towards the football club at this very , very difficult time. As has been mentioned we have today set up a link on the football club site where you can donate if you wish by  clicking  the match ticket link , then ' Linnets donations ' and the options will then pop up. Thanks again. I will be posting a total to date figure here around 7 pm each evening starting on Thursday.

I will be popping in here from time to time to keep you updated. At the moment the season is only suspended until April 3 rd. We expect to have further information ourselves as to the next steps to be taken around that date. I will also attempt to answer any questions you may have here or you can e - mail me at mark@kltown.co.uk or call me on 01553 760060 .

Myself and the chairman plan to do a podcast at some stage shortly which will be available to view in the not to distant future.

I continue to be busy on various club business in these very difficult times we are all now facing.

Stay safe, keep well and look after each other.

Regards,

Mark.

I now reside in Portugal so being unable to attend any of the matches I rely on these  posts and the Saturday/Tuesday match reports to keep me in touch. I moved to King's Lynn in 1975 and would be devastated to experience the demise of the club. Hence tonight I have made a 100 donation to the club. However, I would like to make the point that this process is not that easy for the non-savvy person using the website. In view of this, would it not be possible to add an easier link to take the potential donator directly to the page instead of having to trawl through the website in order to find it and in frustration deciding not to donate. Long live The Linnets :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: .

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2020, 08:57:07 AM »
On behalf of the football club may I thank each and everyone of you for your kind offers, words , donations and support shown towards the football club at this very , very difficult time. As has been mentioned we have today set up a link on the football club site where you can donate if you wish by  clicking  the match ticket link , then ' Linnets donations ' and the options will then pop up. Thanks again. I will be posting a total to date figure here around 7 pm each evening starting on Thursday.

I will be popping in here from time to time to keep you updated. At the moment the season is only suspended until April 3 rd. We expect to have further information ourselves as to the next steps to be taken around that date. I will also attempt to answer any questions you may have here or you can e - mail me at mark@kltown.co.uk or call me on 01553 760060 .

Myself and the chairman plan to do a podcast at some stage shortly which will be available to view in the not to distant future.

I continue to be busy on various club business in these very difficult times we are all now facing.

Stay safe, keep well and look after each other.

Regards,

Mark.

Thanks for this Mark.
I don't know what other posters think but I feel that asking for donations in a vague, general way won't achieve much. It would be much better, if the club sets a target. Tell us how much you need. It started as 100,000 but this will now surely change due to government interventions. Work out how much you need from donations, set fans a target and give us regular updates on how the donations are going.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2020, 11:49:15 AM »
After reading a few comments here last evening we have now added options of 50,  100 and 250  to the ' Linnet's donations ' link over on the club's site.

A small fee for the card to be processed is the only deduction to be taken from any donation - the service provider does not charge the club.

In this particular instance it's not about setting a target total  for people to meet. Whatever anyone is able to give at this time will help. By setting targets you then apply added pressure and I'm sure that's the last thing anyone now needs. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2020, 11:50:58 AM »
Thanks Mark.

A small fee for the card to be processed is the only deduction to be taken from any donation - the service provider does not charge the club.

I take it you mean the card providers fee?

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2020, 12:17:27 PM »
Thanks Mark.

Yes

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2020, 12:41:10 PM »
Thanks Mark.

Yes

:clap:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2020, 01:14:34 PM »
National League asking for 17m would average out at 250k per club.  If we are looking at a shortfall of 100k then there must be some clubs in the National League really looking down the barrel at trouble.

Mark would it be an idea to release season tickets for 20/21 ?  Ok, no one knows what League or how many games but if they were set at a 5-10% uplift on last season then there maybe be something in for the supporters and of course Stephen.   Just throwing it out there.

I noticed in the National League/FA article the Airline industry is quoted.  Certain airlines have told employees to take unpaid leave.  Might this be something Stephen could maybe implement ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 02:05:44 PM »
National League asking for 17m would average out at 250k per club.  If we are looking at a shortfall of 100k then there must be some clubs in the National League really looking down the barrel at trouble.

I think the 100K is a bit of a red herring, or at least skewing the of the figures a bit, as SC was keen to point out earlier in the season that gate/match receipts are not as simple as attendance x 15.  If we assume an average paying gate of 1200, so not counting season ticket holders and allowing for some kids and concessions, for the final 4 league games @ 12.50 (15 less the VAT) this only comes to 60K.  I can't believe we generate 40K profit on food/drink, match sponsors and the odd buffet. 

Given that we are in the higher bracket attendance wise, you could argue that the National League's 17m is a high figure as on the above figures if you gave each National North & South side 60K you would still 'only' burn just over 2.5m.  That said most North and South sides will lose their players wage bill at the end of April which probably can't be said for the National sides so could easily see why they would require far more support unless more clubs take the Barnet route. 

Mark would it be an idea to release season tickets for 20/21 ?  Ok, no one knows what League or how many games but if they were set at a 5-10% uplift on last season then there maybe be something in for the supporters and of course Stephen.   Just throwing it out there.

I noticed in the National League/FA article the Airline industry is quoted.  Certain airlines have told employees to take unpaid leave.  Might this be something Stephen could maybe implement ?

Really don't see much benefit to the club of pulling income from next year (that is still an unknown) into the current situation.  Options exist to defer expenditure with HMRC etc so that would be a better route imo.

On a general point, hopefully this will make a number of clubs, ourselves included, start to think about operating in a more sustainable way rather than running up large deficits in 'normal times'

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2020, 07:11:26 PM »
Players are self employed as semi-professionals. Have any volunteered not to be paid until they have played the game/s?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2020, 07:19:16 PM »
Players are self employed as semi-professionals. Have any volunteered not to be paid until they have played the game/s?

Good question Mike.

However I think we would have already heard if the players had volunteered that.

Mark A Hearle

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2020, 07:19:58 PM »
The ' Linnets Donations ' scheme has so far raised 500. Thank you.