Author Topic: The problem football clubs are now facing.  (Read 8339 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: The problem football clubs are now facing.
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2020, 10:48:02 AM »
This is a time of hardship for many people, including fans of our Football Club.   I have seen that the Chairman is more than willing to support the club through this crisis.  I have seen the fans are also prepared to suppprt the club through this crisis.    If we are truly all in this together letís hear from the Staff what they doing to support the Club through this crisis.

Just reading through the NLP this morning.  Aldershot. The staff there have all agreed to a reduction in their salaryís to support their Club.   

There is no I in Team so letís see all sides pulling together.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2020, 01:45:53 PM »
This is a time of hardship for many people, including fans of our Football Club.   I have seen that the Chairman is more than willing to support the club through this crisis.  I have seen the fans are also prepared to suppprt the club through this crisis.    If we are truly all in this together letís hear from the Staff what they doing to support the Club through this crisis.

Just reading through the NLP this morning.  Aldershot. The staff there have all agreed to a reduction in their salaryís to support their Club.   

I agree that we should all pull together but I haven't heard much from the Blue & Gold Supporters' Trust. How are the Trust currently helping the club stay afloat?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2020, 02:10:51 PM »
I also think this stuff about the players not offering to cut their wages is a deliberate attempt to deter fans from making donations because if fans don't think the players are doing their bit then they are less likely to make donations themselves. 

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2020, 06:03:13 PM »
I also think this stuff about the players not offering to cut their wages is a deliberate attempt to deter fans from making donations because if fans don't think the players are doing their bit then they are less likely to make donations themselves.
Why would anyone would deter the hand that feeds you ...no club no play no pay   :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2020, 07:05:52 PM »

I agree that we should all pull together but I haven't heard much from the Blue & Gold Supporters' Trust. How are the Trust currently helping the club stay afloat?

Stan have you emailed the Trust to enquire if they would be doing anything? Did you get a reply? Or are you putting it on here just to knock the trust again? :banghead;
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2020, 07:45:45 PM »

Stan have you emailed the Trust to enquire if they would be doing anything? Did you get a reply? Or are you putting it on here just to knock the trust again? :banghead;
If they are doing anything then no doubt they'll keep us informed. I've not heard anything Griss have you?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2020, 08:16:35 PM »
Why would anyone would deter the hand that feeds you ...no club no play no pay   :dontknow:
Who steps in to run the club if it fails in its current form?

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2020, 08:31:06 PM »

Looks like the anti Trust drivel that was here in Stanley's post earlier has disappeared. Shame that. It showed what a clueless individual he appears to be.
Unless of course he could show his working out. He could still get half a mark, even though the answer was wrong.  :laughcry:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
Who steps in to run the club if it fails in its current form?

Wouldn't be the Trust.  They have no where enough reserves to take on the Club debts. Its a no-brainer Stan.  :countingmoney:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2020, 08:41:12 PM »

Looks like the anti Trust drivel that was here in Stanley's post earlier has disappeared. Shame that. It showed what a clueless individual he appears to be.
Unless of course he could show his working out. He could still get half a mark, even though the answer was wrong.  :laughcry:

How is asking a question seen as anti anything Marcus ?  To resort to personal insults brings little or nothing to the party.

Iíve asked a question about the players coming to help the Club.  Does this make me anti players ?

I think once people see everyone pulling in the same direction then the support will gather momentum.   Kissing the badge costs nothing. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2020, 09:06:17 PM »

If they are doing anything then no doubt they'll keep us informed. I've not heard anything Griss have you?

Stan are you a member of the trust? If you are then as a member you will be able to enquire of the trust directors what is being done? Or are you just making useless unfounded accusations about the trust not caring, just to whip up anti trust feelings as usual! If there are any discussions between the club and the trust then they will be done behind closed doors as and when is practical,and if any monies pass from the trust to the club then the trust must be involved in the running of the club! If Mr Cleeve will allow the trust to have shares in the club then so be it,trust and club together. Take your obsession with slating the trust and actually put that energy into finding out the trust ethos,and read the constitution,they cannot just give away funds raised by members willy nilly, it is the law. Turn your hatred of the trust into fundraising and they wouldn't need the trust!
ďNo one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?Ē

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2020, 09:14:36 PM »
Point taken Mallard. Perhaps the missing text could be put back in place for future reference.  It said a lot more than my comments.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2020, 06:54:26 AM »

I didn't delete the part of the text that you refer to. It must have been admin which raises the question as to why would they delete it?

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2020, 07:00:53 AM »

I didn't delete the part of the text that you refer to. It must have been admin which raises the question as to why would they delete it?

Perhaps Admin can explain!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »
With the Government announcement last week (see below). Is there any real need for supporters to offer support or indeed players to take a pay cut ?

The government will pay the wages of employees unable to work due to the coronavirus pandemic, in a radical move aimed at protecting people's jobs.

It will pay 80% of salary for staff who are kept on by their employer, covering wages of up to £2,500 a month.