Author Topic: The problem football clubs are now facing.  (Read 8330 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The problem football clubs are now facing.
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2020, 09:17:56 AM »
I didn't delete the part of the text that you refer to. It must have been admin which raises the question as to why would they delete it?
The post was moderated because it seemed to be a deliberate attempt to provoke.
Obviously it was not moderated soon enough.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2020, 09:20:24 AM »
I didn't delete the part of the text that you refer to. It must have been admin which raises the question as to why would they delete it?
The post was moderated because it seemed to be a deliberate attempt to provoke.
Obviously it was not moderated soon enough.
A deliberate attempt to provoke what: legitimate discussion about the role of a supporters trust from a supporter?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2020, 09:26:27 AM »
Saying that it was interests of the Trust that the club does not survive was without foundation.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2020, 09:37:27 AM »
Saying that it was interests of the Trust that the club does not survive was without foundation.
Admin, answer me this: what is the purpose of the £50,000 or so that the trust holds?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2020, 09:44:11 AM »
To quote the home page:
"To raise funds to enable the Trust to be in a position to purchase a stakeholding in the club, thus ensuring democratic supporter representation in the running of the club and that funds raised are used appropriately to benefit the long term stability and future of KLTFC for its supporters and the community."

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2020, 11:52:38 AM »
This is a time of hardship for many people, including fans of our Football Club.   I have seen that the Chairman is more than willing to support the club through this crisis.  I have seen the fans are also prepared to suppprt the club through this crisis.    If we are truly all in this together let’s hear from the Staff what they doing to support the Club through this crisis.

Just reading through the NLP this morning.  Aldershot. The staff there have all agreed to a reduction in their salary’s to support their Club.   

There is no I in Team so let’s see all sides pulling together.

Former Everton star and current Hearts captain Steven Naismith has pledged to accept a 50 per cent pay cut in order to save jobs and help his club survive during the coronavirus crisis.

Players have been asked to halve their wages by the struggling Edinburgh side following the suspension of the Ladbrokes Premiership.

Scotland international Naismith is willing to meet the demand and plans to remain at Tynecastle next season "regardless of which league the club is in".

Relegation-threatened Hearts, managed by Daniel Stendel, currently sit at the foot of the division - four points adrift of second-bottom Hamilton.

"The current circumstances put everyone in a very difficult position, but this isn't a problem of Hearts' making," Naismith said in a statement.

My family and I feel that, through a long career, football has been very good to us. Therefore, I personally feel that I can and should accept the 50 per cent reduction in wages.

"I hope this can contribute in some way to the long-term survival of the club at a challenging time and save jobs, especially those that are the lowest earners and hence those who will be struggling the most at this time".

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2020, 11:57:47 AM »
Stephen Cleeve in today’s Lynn News

We are trying to do a deal with the players, a kind of compromise agreement, but with the government's announcement it may not be needed and we await details.

"Most players are being very reasonable and supportive. Under my watch we have never been late once paying in four seasons so they understand the circumstances."

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2020, 12:19:30 PM »
Stephen Cleeve in today’s Lynn News

We are trying to do a deal with the players, a kind of compromise agreement, but with the government's announcement it may not be needed and we await details.

"Most players are being very reasonable and supportive. Under my watch we have never been late once paying in four seasons so they understand the circumstances."

In that case, I guess the players must be classed as employed rather than self-employed.   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2020, 12:45:05 PM »
To quote the home page:
"To raise funds to enable the Trust to be in a position to purchase a stakeholding in the club, thus ensuring democratic supporter representation in the running of the club and that funds raised are used appropriately to benefit the long term stability and future of KLTFC for its supporters and the community."

Does make you wonder if under current circumstances both sides would be amenable to the trust purchasing a stake? Trust get a say, Cleeve gives up some control, but solves a cashflow issue.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »
Would anyone want to ‘invest’ by buying shares in the Football with a big wedge of directors loans.  ?  Unless Mr Cleeve wrote them off ( or converted the loans into shares). 

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 23, 2020, 01:28:21 PM »
Would anyone want to ‘invest’ by buying shares in the Football with a big wedge of directors loans.  ?  Unless Mr Cleeve wrote them off ( or converted the loans into shares).
For those fans without a financial background, could you explain that please?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2020, 01:42:27 PM »

Basically SC hasn't 'given' the club money, rather he as loaned the money to the club.  All well and good whilst he is the sole owner as we all know we are basically one man's play thing until such time as he gets bored / runs out of cash, no real difference between us and Chelsea in that respect.

What I think Mallard is saying is why would the Trust membership vote to effectively 'burn' a sizable amount of the funds they have raised over the years to buy into a club that could still cease to exist by the start of next season should SC decide to call in his loans?  Personally as a Trust member, I would vote against such a proposal.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2020, 01:46:30 PM »

Basically SC hasn't 'given' the club money, rather he as loaned the money to the club.  All well and good whilst he is the sole owner as we all know we are basically one man's play thing until such time as he gets bored / runs out of cash, no real difference between us and Chelsea in that respect.

What I think Mallard is saying is why would the Trust membership vote to effectively 'burn' a sizable amount of the funds they have raised over the years to buy into a club that could still cease to exist by the start of next season should SC decide to call in his loans?  Personally as a Trust member, I would vote against such a proposal.

Very well put Tony.   :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 23, 2020, 01:50:58 PM »

Exactly Tony.    There speaks the voice of reason

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 23, 2020, 02:02:01 PM »

Exactly Tony.    There speaks the voice of reason
But with a limited liability company a company can only pay out what it has in assets. The chairman can't just take back money loaned if there are no assets to pay them.