Author Topic: National League season over reports Daily Star  (Read 748 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: National League season over reports Daily Star
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »

"The League held a board meeting yesterday and decided to vote in favour of declaring the season null and void with immediate effect."

"League bosses are now holding crunch talks with the FA in a bid to get them to ratify the decision - and confirm the remaining positions to decide who is promoted and relegated."

A little bit contradictory, I thought null and void meant "look on it as if it never happened."
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 01:56:40 PM »
Press release from the National League as per the Non-League Paper (another worthy cause that could do with support at this time) / Borehamwood FC

https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/league-statement/

Certainly not an easy position for anyone involved, clubs, leagues or the FA and whatever is finally decided there are bound to be some who are not happy.  Personally I think the non-league seasons need to be abandoned asap which would then give clubs clarity in terms of player contracts and where they will be cash-flow wise for the next couple of months rather than keeping them in limbo.

Promotion and relegation is a separate issue and can be dealt with once more is known about what is to happen at PL & EFL level.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 02:44:40 PM »
Interesting that the Borehamwood statement used the phrase ‘close’ the season, rather than cancel. Or maybe I’m reading too much into it.