Author Topic: CLUB STATEMENT + NEW JustGiving Donation Page  (Read 5295 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: CLUB STATEMENT + NEW JustGiving Donation Page
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2020, 11:28:56 AM »
Have to say u am suitably impressed with the construction and discussion provoking postings that are coming up on this forum ( keep it up guys).  I’m sure we aren’t all going to agree with all that is being posted,  but it does show the passion that people have for this club.

Please guys keep it coming in these very trying times. 

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2020, 04:08:01 PM »
Firstly, I need to say that I am a fan of the Trust... it's ideals and what it aims to provide....
however, I am hugely grateful to SC and what has been achieved under his tenure. It seems to me that the rapid success on the field has in some ways disempowered the likes of the Trust and FolL......the sums involved now in terms of what is required to support a step1 or 2 side are massive in comparison to what the Trust for example can offer.........and at this stage is £60k likely to be enough to resurrect the club if it went under ?...however laudable the intent ?  If the answer to this is no, then is there a legitimate case for the Trust to reconsider its role ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2020, 04:56:15 PM »
Firstly, I need to say that I am a fan of the Trust... it's ideals and what it aims to provide....
however, I am hugely grateful to SC and what has been achieved under his tenure. It seems to me that the rapid success on the field has in some ways disempowered the likes of the Trust and FolL......the sums involved now in terms of what is required to support a step1 or 2 side are massive in comparison to what the Trust for example can offer.........and at this stage is £60k likely to be enough to resurrect the club if it went under ?...however laudable the intent ?  If the answer to this is no, then is there a legitimate case for the Trust to reconsider its role ?

Or would the Trust actually up its game to match the events as Portsmouth FC Trust did?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

wixy

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2020, 06:03:36 PM »
I seldom write on here, but have supported the club for 74 years . There have been many ups and downs but I have never been so disollutioned as I am today. Many years ago I was privileged to run the supporters club with David Wright. Quite straightforward  we organized thing, sold refreshments ran the end of year presentations any any surplus money was handed over to the club. Today it seems we need at least 2 separate sections collecting money supposingly for the good of the club, but cometh the hour of need nothing available. If the money is to take over the club when iut fails then I suggest you all WAKE up as your few thousands would last more than a few months, As was stated earlier time you all forget your ideals and realize that the club wants money now or it might well fold and I hope not Sorry for my rantings but I am so angry that a simple way of collecting for the club has been made so complicated. PLEASE TRY AND SORT IT OUT Thank you

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2020, 07:31:44 PM »
But wixy, dont you think the Trust are right for asking for some form of security to lend a business some money?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2020, 08:10:48 PM »
Stephen Cleeve wanted donations, loans are all very well but he has  to pay them back!
The aims of the Trust are to "to purchase a stakeholding in the club" not be sole owner.
No, I don't think the Trust could not leap in and save the club but as part of a consortium  they might achieve something, although I doubt if any consortium would want to put in the kind of money Stephen Cleeve appears to doing.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2020, 09:17:10 PM »
Stephen Cleeve wanted donations, loans are all very well but he has  to pay them back!
The aims of the Trust are to "to purchase a stakeholding in the club" not be sole owner.
No, I don't think the Trust could not leap in and save the club but as part of a consortium  they might achieve something, although I doubt if any consortium would want to put in the kind of money Stephen Cleeve appears to doing.

The aim of the business is to facilitate and provide the structure for an affordable, sustainable and enterprising football club in King’s Lynn.  It will also invite the supporters, the local business fraternity and the wider community of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk to be stakeholders in the process.  In forming this community based not-for-profit model, the marketing potential would be more lucrative. In order to comply with Football League rules, a Limited Company (Ltd Co) will be formed with a £100,000 share capital.  Fifty percent of the shares (£50,000) will be owned by the Trust, and the other 50% will be offered to ideally another ten investors each owning 5% of the shares (£5,000 each).  These other investors would be known as vice-presidents of the Ltd Co.  A management board would then be formed and would be made up of 5 Trust Directors, 5 Vice-presidents. This model would allow for supporter representation in the running of the football club, and would facilitate the general principles of a Supporter’ Trust.  The Trust would continue to operate but would have a more direct role in representing its members by having part ownership of the Football Club. An organisational chart can be found at Annex A.  Financial projections can be found at Annex B.  It must be noted that these figures are estimated and obviously would be subject to change according to arising situations. 

Its all there in the Trust Business Plan 2015. If people did a bit of research life could be so much easier.   :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2020, 10:14:50 PM »

The aim of the business is to facilitate and provide the structure for an affordable, sustainable and enterprising football club in King’s Lynn.  It will also invite the supporters, the local business fraternity and the wider community of King’s Lynn and West Norfolk to be stakeholders in the process.  In forming this community based not-for-profit model, the marketing potential would be more lucrative. In order to comply with Football League rules, a Limited Company (Ltd Co) will be formed with a £100,000 share capital.  Fifty percent of the shares (£50,000) will be owned by the Trust, and the other 50% will be offered to ideally another ten investors each owning 5% of the shares (£5,000 each).  These other investors would be known as vice-presidents of the Ltd Co.  A management board would then be formed and would be made up of 5 Trust Directors, 5 Vice-presidents. This model would allow for supporter representation in the running of the football club, and would facilitate the general principles of a Supporter’ Trust.  The Trust would continue to operate but would have a more direct role in representing its members by having part ownership of the Football Club. An organisational chart can be found at Annex A.  Financial projections can be found at Annex B.  It must be noted that these figures are estimated and obviously would be subject to change according to arising situations. 

Its all there in the Trust Business Plan 2015. If people did a bit of research life could be so much easier.   :cheers:

Just Mr Cleeve put his spin on the proceedings and cried foul to the press before facts were known. As a trust member I feel that had the trust just given money with no security then it would be a breech of contract? My belief is that if the trust gives money to the club then it must own a stake,and that is the way the basis of the constitution works,anything other than that I could consult my solicitor? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2020, 08:59:55 AM »
You're right: the trust in its current form is a virtual irrelevance.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2020, 11:54:40 AM »
I seldom write on here, but have supported the club for 74 years . There have been many ups and downs but I have never been so disollutioned as I am today. Many years ago I was privileged to run the supporters club with David Wright. Quite straightforward  we organized thing, sold refreshments ran the end of year presentations any any surplus money was handed over to the club. Today it seems we need at least 2 separate sections collecting money supposingly for the good of the club, but cometh the hour of need nothing available. If the money is to take over the club when iut fails then I suggest you all WAKE up as your few thousands would last more than a few months, As was stated earlier time you all forget your ideals and realize that the club wants money now or it might well fold and I hope not Sorry for my rantings but I am so angry that a simple way of collecting for the club has been made so complicated. PLEASE TRY AND SORT IT OUT Thank you

Wixy, whilst I respect your opinion I would just like to clarify a couple of things. 

I wasn't a fan of the club when you ran the supporters club but everything you did sounds very similar to the work that the Friends of the Linnets continue to do.  You could perhaps ask why the FotL hasn't come out with a donation to the club's current situation but my guess (and it is only that) is that all of their fundraising money has already gone to the club so there isn't a big pot of money in their account waiting to be donated.

As for the Trust, I think we need to get away from the idea that they are somehow 'waiting for the club to fail' and think of it as more that they are waiting for an owner who wants to work with them - as many other club owners and Trusts do elsewhere in football.  I think SC had his 'card marked' by Buster in terms of dealing with the Trust and unfortunately there has never been a constructive working relationship established - even the Ground Development Fund project this season was made to be hard work.  It would be almost impossible for the Trust, given its constitution, regulatory constraints and requirement for membership agreement to just 'give' the club any sizeable donation and in a way that is the whole point of how they (and again other Trusts up and down the country) have fundraised over the years - they are not there to plug short term gaps, but to ensure the club is there for the long term. 

As to your comment about the whether the club could fold if short term funding isn't found, a couple of points.  Everyone could see the club was spending beyond its means well before this crisis, how can we be in a situation where missing four home (and six away) fixtures results in a shortfall of £100K?  Even if you were to take SC's figures at face value (and I have posted elsewhere about how they just don't add up) he then turns around in these 'troubled times' and signs a new player which has to be a kick in the teeth for those who have helped him out in his 'time of need', I would imagine it might also have raised an eyebrow or two amongst the playing staff as well if they have agreed to take a cut on their contracted wages to help the club out.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2020, 05:42:44 PM »
Where did the information about a player costing £10000 come from or was it guess work

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2020, 05:46:12 PM »
Where did the information about a player costing £10000 come from or was it guess work

M A.

No idea, but if it was guess work or even fake news, it won't be the first time that ploy has  been used recently.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2020, 08:39:38 PM »

If the club went under, a resurrected club would be nowhere near step 1 or 2. Remember ?  So I think £60k would be more than enough to start a sustainable club.  But this is all hypothetical, as the Chairman has to much too lose, and will not let this happen. It may be the time to reel in excessive spending and try to reduce the deficits. But I can't see that happening either.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2020, 09:41:57 AM »
Ah I see........The Trust funds are intended for use should the club have to start up again at step 5....that would be extremely sad of course, but even in that eventuality £60k plus another £60k would I suspect just about keep things afloat for a season or two and certainly wouldn't offer much hope of progression. There would have to be significant link up and sponsorship from local business for things to move forward....... would it really be there for a step 5 side......I honestly don't know ?
It's interesting just typing this.....the fantastic gap between that and where the club are now in terms of league status personnel, crowd following etc (and for balance, potential indebtedness)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 09:54:57 AM »
It’s a world apart KES.

I remember watching our last game under Heggs at Step 3. Then well remember the first Lynn I watched Lynn  at step 5. ( Boston Town away). Think we nicked it 2-1 in the last minute.  The difference in standard was massive.  Now having had a season
Watching quality step 2  Football makes me think this is the standard I want to see at The Walks.

Incidentally KES. IF the club was to fold I think it’s a two level demotion so would see us down at step 4.  Even that I struggle to watch now.

Be interesting to see what today’s National League meeting throws up.   Will there be any help for the Clubs ?