Author Topic: E-mail sent to Stephen Cleeve  (Read 484 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

E-mail sent to Stephen Cleeve
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:33:19 PM »
Morning Steve had a email/ring round all the Trust directors yesterday and not withstanding that anything proposed would have to put to members for final vote there is no consensus to lend Lynn f c any monies from the Trust. The only possible way anyone would consider this as an option would be if security for any loan was provided by way of a charge over the lease from the council for the ground, which would be included in a legal agreement confirming details of the loan. Also we would have to add our legal costs to the loan amount.
I fully understand how the situation we now all face is beyond our control and of course as you said in a conversation yesterday the financial implications will continue into next season. My only concern from our conversation is you seem to be focused on further developing the club into a higher league, new training ground, even a new ground when the current reality is survival of the club.
The problem for most people is we have little insight to your or the clubs financial well being and only you have the ability to make or effect such decisions, which will inevitably lead people to be concerned. The " trust me I have clubs interests at heart have long worn out at Kings Lynn " nevertheless I sincerely hope you can find a way through this crisis as in your own style you have achieved a lot with the club in a short time.
The idea that we are waiting for the club to fold so we can take over is ludicrous, we have aims we wish to achieve and these have remained the same for ten years since formation. Some would say the Trust is being prudent in retaining all its monies for the future in the event of you sadly not being able to find a way forward so all opinions from our directors and members must be taken into account.

Best wishes
Phil