Author Topic: INCOMING.  (Read 1581 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
Re: INCOMING.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 11:25:03 PM »
Just Giving fund must be doing ok then?  :countingmoney:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 12:18:23 AM »
 :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 07:35:16 AM »
In times of monetary chaos and pleading for any penny into the coffers possible & with no direction towards our future in the national pyramid..WE sign a player🤔 I suggest the pitch cover and ground infrastructure is complete?

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 08:09:29 AM »
So one minute the club is asking for money, and the next signing a player, strange!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 08:29:53 AM »
I see a lot of positives with this signing.

Young, and one that IC will hopefully develop on and bring money into the club at a later date.   Speculate to accumulate and all that.  Just maybe in the current climate within Non League Football we got him for a knocked down price.

However the big plus, as I see it is.    If The Chairman is throwing his cash about to sign a player for next season then the bigger picture is there is going to be a next season and no matter how much of the 100k he is short that  needed to get us to next season then the Chairman is going to find that cash, from somewhere.

The only negative side I can see is that we could well be saying goodbye to Nathan Fox.  Been out of favour for a good few weeks ( Guiseley apart) and signing an England C international, left sided defender is going to limit it opportunities with us.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 08:53:43 AM »
Have the Norwich loanees gone back and this is money released by their departure or just an undisclosed sum found down the sofa?
I guess it is nice that the club is planning for next season, but a bit optimistic that there will be one in 2020.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 08:57:50 AM »
Agree mallard on the potential of the lad, by all accounts a hell of a player..but.....As always no transparency, and my thoughts go out to genuine supporters dipping into pockets for another contract for which short term we would hopefully not needed. Perhaps a rapid response from the chairman would not go amiss 🤔

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 10:49:56 AM »
On the one hand it could be astute strategic and financial business.
 On the other it could be an act of bravado by the Chairman, designed to keep the faithful on board,
and a two fingered salute to his detractors, and a certain Arsenal season ticket holder.  :dontknow:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 12:10:50 PM »
And a certain Arsenal season ticket holder.  :dontknow:

Well at least this person wil be used to paying the highest admission pricee for both clubs that he follows in each of their respective leagues!
 :laughcry:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 12:43:17 PM »
Sleight of hand, in this hand I have whining about not accepting trust funds because I don't like their terms, whilst at the same time taking fan donations, and wallah in the other hand sneaks in a new player funded by myself?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 03:04:25 PM »
At last, some positive news. Better than the claptrap that that been on here for the past week from people who think they know, but don't really know  and haven't got anything better to do than post fake news or their idea of news.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 10:34:12 AM »
https://youtu.be/JvuLuQmthGY

Some clips of Alex Brown.