Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 31186 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2020, 09:21:03 AM »
just proves that all premier division interested in is money. Couldn't care less about people's health and a 2nd peak shame on them.

FIFA medical chief calls for all leagues to be cancelled

FIFA's medical chief Michel D'Hooghe believes there should be no football until the start of next season with concerns over a "second attack" of the coronavirus. The Ligue 1 and Ligue 2 campaigns were ended on Tuesday when French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe announced that professional football will not be able to resume before September.

The Eredivisie has also been cancelled along with the domestic season in Argentina, but they are planning to get under way again in countries such as England, Spain, Germany and Italy. D'Hooghe is concerned that finances are being put ahead of health.

He told the Daily Telegraph said: "We are all subject to decisions at national level from the public authorities. It is very simple. Football suddenly becomes not the most important thing in life. "I will be happy if we can start, in a convenient way, the next championship and have nothing before the start of next season.

'If they could start the season 2020-21 at the end of August or beginning of September I would be happy. Then they could eventually avoid a second attack from the virus, which is not impossible. "Everyone has to be very careful for the moment. I have heard in many countries they are thinking about playing football again, with or without the public.

"In my long career I have seen many situations where there has been a balance between economics and health. Mostly the economics won, whether that was about jetlag or football at altitude or in extreme conditions such as pollution situations.

"If there is one circumstance where medical arguments should win against economical arguments, it is now. It is not a matter of money, it is a matter of life and death. It is very simple."

..........................................................................................

In Germany:

Germany's rate of COVID-19 infections grows after lockdown eased

Germany faces the prospect of having to restore stricter lockdown measures as its number and rate of coronavirus infections grew again.

Hailed as among Europe's most successful in tackling the pandemic, the country began relaxing restrictions on 20 April to allow small businesses to open as the reproduction rate of the virus fell.

Based on the average number of people each infected person transmits coronavirus to, the rate - known as 'R' - had fallen to 0.7.

It has since increased to 0.96, only just below the figure of 1.0 that officials say it must not exceed in order to keep the pandemic manageable.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2020, 01:40:24 PM »

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2020, 02:18:51 PM »
I see that the French have come up with 3 possibilities for determining the outcome of Ligue 1 and 2, which will not be declared null and void...clubs will vote on this :
Either
1/ PPG
2/ Results based on the midpoint of the season when everyone had played each other once.
3/ Extrapolate back to the lowest no of games played eg if memory serves me Gateshead may be lowest no played in Lynn's league at 31, so take everyone back to where they were at 31 played and base promotions/ relegations on that

As this has been put forward at such a high level, it may be the way the Prem and EFL go

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/final-premier-league-table-leicester-4088135

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 29, 2020, 08:32:37 PM »

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 29, 2020, 09:44:20 PM »
Could a new TV set up pave the way for NL clubs I wonder. With fans probably banned from grounds for the foreseeable, maybe they would be prepared to pay a sub fee of say £300-£400 pa to see a NL version of Match of the Day...say one live Sat match and highlights in the evening of all games.
£400 multiplied by the average total attendance in the NL on a Saturday divided by the number of clubs, is a nice pot per club for the season.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2020, 12:37:24 PM »
PSG are 'crowned as champions of France' despite the season being ended prematurely with all French sporting events shut down until September

Paris Saint-Germain have been crowned as the champions of France despite the season being ended early due to the coronavirus pandemic, according to reports.

France's top-flight season was called to a halt on Tuesday, but L'Equipe are now reporting that PSG have been awarded the title for the 2019-20 campaign.

Any potential relegations are yet to be confirmed, with Nimes, Amiens and Toulouse currently occupying the three bottom places. It is understood that UEFA placings and relegations are the next to be ratified.

The season's last round of fixtures were played on March 7 and 8, and the final standings see PSG sitting 12 points clear of second-placed Marseille with a game in hand.

Marseille, Rennes and Lille are second, third and fourth respectively in the Ligue 1 table as it stands, but no decisions have yet been made with regards to European qualification for next season's Champions League and Europa League competitions. 

On Tuesday afternoon, it was announced by France's Prime Minister Edouard Philippe that the return of games will not be authorised before September, even behind closed doors, as part of the next stage of the country's lockdown plans.

In a statement, Philippe said: 'The big sporting affairs cannot occur before September. The 2019-20 football season cannot return.'

A week prior to the announcement, the league had announced plans to resume on June 17, but that was curtailed by the French government.   

Meanwhile, UEFA president Aleksander Ceferin and general secretary Theodore Theodoridis have spoken to leagues in Europe, including Ligue 1 and the Premier League, and asked them for a detailed plan on how they will finish the campaign.

A statement from European football's governing body said: 'National Associations and/or Leagues should be in a position to communicate to UEFA by May 25, 2020, the planned restart of their domestic competitions — including the date of restart and the competition format.'

Elsewhere in Europe, the Bundesliga in Germany has announced plans to return to action on May 9 behind closed doors while conversely the Eredivisie has been cancelled with major events in Holland banned until September due to the coronavirus outbreak.

But the Belgian leagues have delayed a further vote on cancelling their season despite being the first country to announce they would end the campaign.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2020, 08:58:41 AM »
I see that the French have come up with 3 possibilities for determining the outcome of Ligue 1 and 2, which will not be declared null and void...clubs will vote on this :
Either
1/ PPG
2/ Results based on the midpoint of the season when everyone had played each other once.
3/ Extrapolate back to the lowest no of games played eg if memory serves me Gateshead may be lowest no played in Lynn's league at 31, so take everyone back to where they were at 31 played and base promotions/ relegations on that

As this has been put forward at such a high level, it may be the way the Prem and EFL go

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/final-premier-league-table-leicester-4088135

Doing some research on the 3 x Options  I find the following:

1/ PPG -

King's Lynn 2.00 ppg  :cup2: York 1.94 ppg

King's Lynn Wins x 14 + Draws x 5 = 47points   :cup2:  York City 12 x W and 8 x D = 44points

3/ Extrapolate back to the lowest no of games played, so take everyone back to where they were at 30 (Gloucester - not Gateshead at 31) and base promotions/ relegations on that.

King's Lynn Played 32  with 64points so take away Last Two Games - Guiseley  Home Lost 0-1 and Bradford Park Avenue Home Lost 0-1 = No Points Lost = 64points  :cup2:
York City Played 34 with 66 points so take away Last Four Games - Alfreton Away Won 1-3, Hereford Home Lost 1-4, Curzon Ashton Draw 1-1 and Kidderminster Away Won 0-1 = -7points = 59points

So in all scenarios King's Lynn are Champions  :cup2: :cup2: :cup2:  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :worship: :worship: :worship:

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2020, 09:24:47 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2020, 08:43:45 AM »
Here's another possibility...just promote 2 from each of N and S with no relegations....will make for a larger Premier, but if season doesn't start till Jan, divide the Prem into   N and S divis, so just play with say 12/13 in each divi, so24/26 games in season.Relegate bottom 3 from each divi to get back to original nos in Prem.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2020, 09:44:06 AM »
Trouble is KES with a diluted season a lot of the fixed overheads remain the same ( rent, rates full time staff, players on contracts).   If it starts Jan 1, and finishes end of May that gives around 22 weeks. 2 games a week.  No cups.  Least you would get 21/22 games to cover ya costs.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2020, 10:29:34 AM »
Maybe all that will be possible Mall.... better than no season at all.... going forward there will have to be monies handed down from higher up the pyramid for non league to survive in some form anyhow.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 03, 2020, 11:12:10 AM »
Here's another possibility...just promote 2 from each of N and S with no relegations....will make for a larger Premier, but if season doesn't start till Jan, divide the Prem into   N and S divis, so just play with say 12/13 in each divi, so24/26 games in season.Relegate bottom 3 from each divi to get back to original nos in Prem.
An idea mentioned in Non League paper.

On another subject. Clubs had an advance payment of the money usually given at start of season. From memory, I think it was said that Clubs at our current level received circa 13k, with the level above receiving circa 70k.

Am I correct in assuming that if Lynn did get promoted, they would then receive a balancing payment of circa 57k?

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 03, 2020, 12:57:53 PM »
I wonder what Chorley received.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2020, 02:19:29 PM »
Premier League now saying that if the remaining games are played at neutral venues, there may be no relegations.   :dontknow:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2020, 03:40:51 PM »
Think the Premier League are still being very optimistic....I read today that gatherings of ten or more likely to be banned until next year. Individuals have to take responsibility for their own health if governing bodies/ authorities won't.......I am not sure players will be prepared to play.
France have done the right thing......similar infection level and fatalities to UK. It's ridiculous to compare to Germany, who have things  more under control and are further along the road.
Personally, I can't see the games being played...as Gary Neville has said, health comes first....as soon as one player or coach goes down with the virus , it will all collapse in again.