Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 30228 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #135 on: May 05, 2020, 11:28:17 AM »
Surely there has to be Promotion, even if itís by default.   EFL DIV 2 running one team short.  So Barrow will move up into the League.  Then the team National League Southern will move to ( best PPG).  Bury to join The National League North, with a team from that League being pushed into the National League South ( Brackley?)

If the above were to happen how costly will the slip ups at home  against BPA/Guiseley have been ?

Mallard, it's EFL1 running a team short (Bury FC) not EFL2 so there has to be a "knock on effect" - One Team from EFL2 UP to EFL1, One Team UP from National to EFL2 and that's when it gets mucky. Who ever goes UP to National League leaves a slot behind them and who fills that slot? BURY FC that's who, they should not just drop into the middle of the pile (National League) they should go to the bottom of the pile at Step 2.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 05, 2020, 12:19:35 PM »
Spot on WLM.   

So Swindon up from EFL2 to EFL1

Barrow up from. National League Prem to EFL 2

Wealdstone up from National League South to National League Prem

Bury to drop in National League North

Brackley (?) move from National League North to National League South.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 05, 2020, 12:54:10 PM »
Spot on WLM.   

....and then we have the Articles that say the three Step 2 Leagues cannot be treated differently. If a National League Team (Barrow on PPG) and a South League Team (Wealdstone on PPG) are promoted then the North League Team (King's Lynn on PPG) are not promoted the North League have been treated differently.

Even if ALL Step 1 and Step 2 Leagues decide to Null and Void it still leaves EFL 1 a team short - but that is how this 2019/20 Season started.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 05, 2020, 01:12:19 PM »
Spot on WLM.   

....and then we have the Articles that say the three Step 2 Leagues cannot be treated differently. If a National League Team (Barrow on PPG) and a South League Team (Wealdstone on PPG) are promoted then the North League Team (King's Lynn on PPG) are not promoted the North League have been treated differently.

Even if ALL Step 1 and Step 2 Leagues decide to Null and Void it still leaves EFL 1 a team short - but that is how this 2019/20 Season started.

3 step 2 Leagues ?   Where is there a 3rd one ?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 05, 2020, 01:23:32 PM »
This is exactly why all leagues should be PPG most fairest way to settle everything.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2020, 02:18:12 PM »
Spot on WLM.   

3 step 2 Leagues ?   Where is there a 3rd one ?

Apologies, I was talking about The Vanarama Leagues -    

Step 1: National League (Vanarama National League) Step 2: National League North (Vanarama North) and National League South (Vanarama South)

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2020, 04:32:07 PM »
No worries WLM.

Looking at the debts EFL are mounting up.   Football looks in big trouble.   Then again itís been allowed to continue mounting up debts over the years without any attempt to control it.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2020, 05:46:51 PM »

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2020, 07:29:57 PM »
what a surprise another cop out.

Captain Sensible

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 06, 2020, 08:24:24 AM »
Over  £200 million!
Whats wrong with the owners of these Clubs that they think its ok to run football this way?They say money makes the world go round but the world has now stopped and some should take this opportunity to get off!
Too many Owners still appear to be prepared to risk the future of Clubs by buying glory.Then they decide they have had enough and run for the hills,or bad management results in them being forced to go leaving behind a shattered community with its heart ripped out!
We currently have unusual circumstances due to the pandemic,but the speed which so many Clubs started  to hold out their begging bowls clearly demonstrates the financial tightrope so many of them walk!
I just hope the football authorities look upon the current crisis as an opportunity to get things sorted for when the "new normal" is here and we can say goodbye to the Cavalier attitudes of so many people currently involved in the game.
A far more strict fit and proper test for all future owners at all levels of the game would be a good start.It's a ludicrous situation when some people are stopped from owning Clubs in other Countries as they are not deemed fit and proper,but are allowed to own a Club in the UK.
Something's got to be done and its no good the current club owners blaming the pandemic for all their woes.
So many had messed things up long before someone in China decided to eat a Bat!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2020, 08:27:08 AM »
EFL decision by Thursday apparently.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »
My glass is no longer half full because I downed my 3rd and final 5 minutes ago - hence this post of what some will call doom and gloom, but I call reality.  I can imagine no football at all until Sept 21 at the earliest.  Even then, I feel the competitions at every level could only re-commence in the same position they were at the start of this very unfortunate season.  Iíve no idea how the finances of clubs, Chairmen, Directors, players, and workers can be calculated, but must hope that they will all engage generosity and good grace in the discussions to come.  So, no answers, just hopes for all concerned....

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2020, 09:34:35 PM »
My glass is no longer half full because I downed my 3rd and final 5 minutes ago - hence this post of what some will call doom and gloom, but I call reality.  I can imagine no football at all until Sept 21 at the earliest.  Even then, I feel the competitions at every level could only re-commence in the same position they were at the start of this very unfortunate season.  Iíve no idea how the finances of clubs, Chairmen, Directors, players, and workers can be calculated, but must hope that they will all engage generosity and good grace in the discussions to come.  So, no answers, just hopes for all concerned....

Iím starting feel as you do, except I think the Prem will run some sort of pseudo-bubble league for SKY. How the pyramid works with only the top tier in action, ???. Possibly some extended pre-season sort of thing for lower tiers from spring next year, but thatíll be that.

With the annual winter crisis in the NHS, theyíll want to avoid a third peak over winter.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 13, 2020, 12:24:12 PM »
Coronavirus: Promotion should be scrapped if Championship season not finished, says Norwich City chief.

Norwich sporting director gives his opinion on the issue of promotion to the Premier League (Sky Sports)

Promotion to the Premier League should be scrapped if Championship clubs fail to complete their season, according to Norwich sporting director Stuart Webber.

Webber insists the Canaries will not accept a scenario in which they finish the campaign and are relegated, only to be replaced by the likes of Leeds or West Brom whose season has been prematurely curtailed.

While Premier League continue to discuss options for ĎProject Restartí, there is less clarity on the the prospect of a return for football in the Championship, League 1 and League 2.

Webber told the Sky Sports Football Show: ďWhat we could not accept is a situation where we play all our games and get relegated, but the Championship canít play, and they automatically promote some teams who havenít finished the season.

ďFor anyone who has got promoted from the Championship, it is a 46 or 49 game slog. It needs to be settled on the pitch Ė both coming up and going down.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 13, 2020, 03:27:46 PM »
This is why the fairest way to finish the season is a points per game from premier down the leagues with promotion and relegation accordingly.