Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 31178 times)

samsdad

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2020, 07:38:19 AM »
Quick question and forgive me if I am being somewhat stupid BUT...

Why would Bury be allowed to come back in at such a high level? Where Lynn, Rushden etc given the same chance when reforming?

Seems a punishment to so many other clubs if they allowed to jump the queue so to speak...

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2020, 08:00:55 AM »
When Lynn went pop under Ken  Bobbins we were given a two level drop in standard on reforming.   Step 3 to Step 5.  The season before to had dropped from step 2 to step 3 because of ground grading.  Thatís what my memory of what happened.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2020, 01:43:09 PM »
Can kicked down the road for another week, EFL now going to vote on the 8th June.  Ian Dennis on Twitter saying NL are happy to wait for the outcome before deciding what they will do.  Given how long they are taking to conclude the 2019-20 season, heaven only knows how long they are going to take in sorting out arrangements for the 2020-21 season

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2020, 01:43:28 PM »
Quick question and forgive me if I am being somewhat stupid BUT...

Why would Bury be allowed to come back in at such a high level? Where Lynn, Rushden etc given the same chance when reforming?

Seems a punishment to so many other clubs if they allowed to jump the queue so to speak...

I suppose they could be going along the lines of it being different for Bury, as the Club itself did not go bust. It was just expelled from the League. The Club itself, although not playing football even before the Virus, still exists.   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2020, 02:12:50 PM »
Stephen Cleeve deals with the relegation promotion issue in his latest podcast.   He is doing another one on Monday.  Which I guess will deal with the EFL decision.

Mr Cleeve is quoted as saying that the clubs in Div 2 are voting on it. Apparently 10 clubs are for no relegation as things stand at the moment. Think MR Cleeve says the 10 clubs need three more to vote on it to push it through.  Looks as though it might be close.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2020, 02:23:09 PM »
Beginning to look as if Barrow will be promoted and Bury take their place in the National League back to the back scratching days of the 50s.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2020, 06:20:06 PM »
When Lynn went pop under Ken  Bobbins we were given a two level drop in standard on reforming.   Step 3 to Step 5.  The season before to had dropped from step 2 to step 3 because of ground grading.  Thatís what my memory of what happened.

Pretty much as I remember it Mallard. Only to add that the leagues weren't obliged to accept us at step 5. Eastern Counties was Lynn's preference as I recall but they indicated they wanted us to start in their first division (step 6), hence we (re)started in the UCL.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2020, 07:28:56 AM »
EFL meeting on Tuesday, National League finalised on June 8th.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2020, 12:07:38 PM »
How many times does this lot kick the can down the Road.   Ainít it good they donít have any really important decisions to make! Begs the question are they really fit for purpose?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2020, 05:08:16 PM »
How many times does this lot kick the can down the Road.   Ainít it good they donít have any really important decisions to make! Begs the question are they really fit for purpose?

To be fair Mallard, the National cannot make any decision until the EFL make their position clear ref Promotions and Relegations.

Once that is Done-and-Dusted Steps 1 & 2 can be resolved.

Hurry Up & Wait.  :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2020, 01:55:19 PM »
Not an overly positive view from Wycombe's chairman

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/an-update-from-rob-couhig/

Pretty negative throughout but if anyone is in doubt as to where some clubs are, this is the quote that stood out for me referring to non-football staff - "We are also recommending that they begin the search for alternative employment once furlough ends"

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 02, 2020, 02:06:26 PM »
Not an overly positive view from Wycombe's chairman

https://www.wycombewanderers.co.uk/news/2020/june/an-update-from-rob-couhig/

Pretty negative throughout but if anyone is in doubt as to where some clubs are, this is the quote that stood out for me referring to non-football staff - "We are also recommending that they begin the search for alternative employment once furlough ends"

Realistic more than negative?   :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 04, 2020, 08:34:03 AM »
I see the EFL meeting to finally decide On promotion/relegation issues etc has now been put back to next Tuesday.

The general feeling is they will go with the normal relegation and promotion through the Leagues.   Think we can assume the National League will follow and adopt the same structure ( though there is no relegation out of the National or promotion into it).

I read somewhere that the FA pay the EFL a fee of £6m each season for the 2nd promotion spot from the National League to the EFL.   With the demise of Bury I wonder if they will still pay that for this season ?   

Money does talk, even at National League level.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 04, 2020, 10:46:15 AM »
I see the EFL meeting to finally decide On promotion/relegation issues etc has now been put back to next Tuesday.

The general feeling is they will go with the normal relegation and promotion through the Leagues.   Think we can assume the National League will follow and adopt the same structure ( though there is no relegation out of the National or promotion into it).

I read somewhere that the FA pay the EFL a fee of £6m each season for the 2nd promotion spot from the National League to the EFL.   With the demise of Bury I wonder if they will still pay that for this season ?   

Money does talk, even at National League level.

From memory, Lynn received 13k from the EFL a few weeks ago. Presumably they will receive the balance of 45k (?) when promotion is confirmed.  :dontknow:

Nice if it comes Lynn's way, as it automatically sorts out the shortfall/war chest requirement of 50k previously discussed and requested.

:scarf: