Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 30212 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #225 on: June 08, 2020, 09:37:06 AM »

Think Mr Hill should adjust your post above or if not perhaps Admin should do it for you.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 08, 2020, 10:39:16 AM »

Think Mr Hill should adjust your post above or if not perhaps Admin should do it for you.

Done.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 08, 2020, 04:28:47 PM »
I started this post 2 months ago, now well over 220 reply posts, are we any the wiser. We have let good players go, we have signed players, and not for the first time the begging bowl is out again, the pitch has been dug up, at great cost, but what league are we in? Please sort this week, the pain is unbearable! 

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 08, 2020, 08:55:42 PM »
I started this post 2 months ago, now well over 220 reply posts, are we any the wiser. We have let good players go, we have signed players, and not for the first time the begging bowl is out again, the pitch has been dug up, at great cost, but what league are we in? Please sort this week, the pain is unbearable!
Wonder if Darlington fans called it the begging bowl  :dontknow: or was everyone pulling in same direction up there ???

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2020, 09:19:21 PM »
I would say the owners of Darlo were all pulling in the same direction. As is the Kings Lynn owner.

How far is SC toward his 50k target after a week ?  Darlo owners raised 131k in a month.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 08, 2020, 10:03:02 PM »
Wonder if Darlington fans called it the begging bowl  :dontknow: or was everyone pulling in same direction up there ???

Darlington supporters are well organised and raise funds for the club, which they own, on a regular basis.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2020, 01:05:51 PM »
At an Extraordinary General Meeting on Tuesday 9 June, EFL Clubs voted on proposals in respect of changes to EFL Regulations in the event season 2019/20 is curtailed.

Proposals were submitted by Barnsley and Tranmere Rovers alongside amendments to an EFL Board proposal which were put forward by Lincoln City, Stevenage and Ipswich Town.

Following a vote on each by all 71 Clubs, it was overwhelmingly agreed (by a majority of all clubs and a majority in the Championship) to adopt the EFL Boardís proposal into EFL Regulations, which now means the following applies in the event a division curtails its 2019/20 season or it is ended by any other means.

1. Final divisional placings will be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
2. Promotion and relegation should be retained.
3. Play-Offs will be played in all circumstances but will not be extended (beyond four teams).

Clubs in Leagues One and Two will now meet by division later today to formally determine whether to resume playing the 2019/20 season or opt for curtailment.

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2020, 01:43:31 PM »
Well    now that the efl have decided on the method of progress if the Season is curtailed    I think we can start to believe we are promoted     assuming the national league follow suit that is  :cup2:

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2020, 02:11:28 PM »
Think it's safe to say that the Champagne can be put on ice, ready to open  :cup2:

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 09, 2020, 02:17:23 PM »
Looking good.

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 09, 2020, 02:27:22 PM »
If the points per match regime is adopted my rough calculations indicate that the top 5 places remain the same except Lynn swap with York. For the sake of fairness, one hopes York then get through the playoffs

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2020, 02:29:37 PM »
We are National League, say we are National League.

Big name clubs at The Walks sometime next season

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 09, 2020, 03:19:23 PM »
I am not going to count my chickens just yet  its taken the EFL this long to get here  I wont celebrate until its in black and white and signed by the FA. but I would like to think its hopeful we will go up

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2020, 03:30:06 PM »
league 2 have voted to end season.
Swindon, Crewe and Plymouth celebrating promotion as League Two ends early
League Two has voted to end its season early. Using points-per-game standings, Swindon, Crewe and Plymouth are promoted, while four other sides will compete in the play-offs. League One teams will vote later on Tuesday.
League One clubs have voted to curtail the season and Coventry City are the champions

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2020, 11:15:15 AM »
Iím not celebrating yet, but fingers are well and truly crossed.....  If we do get the promotion, two thoughts have arrived.....   1.  That crowd of 4K against York Might well be in jeopardy, and the non-league world would be thoroughly jolted.....  and 2.  In this era of statue removal, quite rightly IMO, A NEW one of SC should be sculpted and erected in the middle of the Tuesday Market Place !!!!