Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 30055 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2020, 01:09:34 PM »
I’m not celebrating yet, but fingers are well and truly crossed.....  If we do get the promotion, two thoughts have arrived.....   1.  That crowd of 4K against York Might well be in jeopardy, and the non-league world would be thoroughly jolted.....  and 2.  In this era of statue removal, quite rightly IMO, A NEW one of SC should be sculpted and erected in the middle of the Tuesday Market Place !!!!

Yet another just giving fund raising appeal then!

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2020, 01:15:23 PM »
Blue and Gold can you explain what was wrong with my post that Mallard complained about

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2020, 02:20:33 PM »
Blue and Gold can you explain what was wrong with my post that Mallard complained about

PM sent to you.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 11, 2020, 11:14:18 AM »
Bradford PA are predicting Lynn and York both promoted, many National clubs can not afford to have there players Covid tested after every play off game, at £125 a test, if you have 30 - 40 players, no income, wages to pay, I have to say I agree with that statement.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 11, 2020, 11:59:58 AM »
Bradford PA are predicting Lynn and York both promoted, many National clubs can not afford to have there players Covid tested after every play off game, at £125 a test, if you have 30 - 40 players, no income, wages to pay, I have to say I agree with that statement.

Yes, that's a big bill to commit your Club to.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 11, 2020, 12:20:12 PM »

If you do the sums, teams in 6th for example, would have to play 3 games to go up (if the current structure was used.) if they used the same protocol as the championship, that would mean paying for at least four rounds of testing. Assuming only 25 were tested, (players, coaches and minimal ground staff) that gives sum nice easy sums.

25*4*£125=£12,500 - not exactly pocket change.

If/when football restarts, that’s likely to be an additional monthly cost of running a team for the foreseeable, up and down the pyramid. How many clubs have that, without gate receipts? Can’t imagine it’s many.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2020, 02:20:22 PM »
All sorts of shenanigans going on the twitterings of mark hearle and steve cleeve ref possible idea
for voting on.Also on Greg Plummer.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2020, 02:31:46 PM »
Is Mark Hearle now back from Furlough ?

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2020, 02:32:53 PM »
Either way, Lynn will be going up as Champions.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2020, 02:44:11 PM »

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2020, 02:48:20 PM »

No step 2 play-offs because it isn’t ‘elite’ football but step 1 is.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 13, 2020, 05:44:12 PM »
@DorkingWDRS
3:27 PM · Jun 13, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

BREAKING NEWS: Official clarity from the Government will be sent to National League Chairman today confirming that NO explicit guidance was given from the DCMS to the FA with regards to Step 2 football, a footballer obtaining an income falls within the ‘Elite’ classification.
Time for the FA to accept they made a mistake & we all move on - the National League now need to swiftly put this right & move on to the all important safety & testing costs by working alongside their clubs

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 13, 2020, 06:36:31 PM »
Sounds very much like someone has been caught out telling porkies.