Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 15682 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 01:23:26 PM »
I wholeheartedly agree WLM !

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 02:06:40 PM »
Problem is potential legal action especially re relegated clubs.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 08:03:57 PM »
Void the whole season for all Leagues, and be done with it.

JFL79Gaming

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 08:52:58 PM »
Void the whole season for all Leagues, and be done with it.

As gutting as this would be it is the only realistic option. It should also shut down any legal challenges.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2020, 09:14:41 PM »
Interesting comment on the Havant & Waterlooville website
"If a null and void season is the decision, then all the games will no longer be on the record. Clubs may then need to decide how they handle goal bonuses, clean sheet bonuses already paid for games that cease to exist. This could result in legal argument."

Would a club really want to claim back bonuses?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2020, 10:47:06 PM »
Well the argument would obviously be that the bonuses are paid as an incentive for results which in turn provide the club with success..if the results and success no longer exist.....I can't see null and void happening across the board.........if that was going to happen wouldn't it have just simply been declared already,  as is the case for non league steps 3-7.? Whatever decision is taken, there are potential legal challenges it seems   and that includes null and void.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 01:12:24 AM »
How far would you take this"null and void" regarding payments?
The season is wiped, so every player must pay back their wages, as well as any bonuses?
And the fans, do they get all money paid for admission refunded?
Of course not, it would be ridiculous.
In the unique circumstances, all leagues should just be void, and that's it. Not moral to expect players to return payment. You wouldn't in any other job.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 01:18:57 AM »
How far would you take this"null and void" regarding payments?
The season is wiped, so every player must pay back their wages, as well as any bonuses?
And the fans, do they get all money paid for admission refunded?
Of course not, it would be ridiculous.
In the unique circumstances, all leagues should just be void, and that's it. Not moral to expect players to return payment. You wouldn't in any other job.

Those players earned every penny of their money,and I myself would not begrudge them a penny. Where do we go next,sorry Steve we know you done a great job with the pitch,but season null and void,can we have your wages back? Excuse me bar staff where are you going? And Mark I know you have only just taken up the job,but hand over the money? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 09:52:19 AM »
Absolutely, but football has been amoral from a financial stand point for a long long time....how can you equate someone kicking a ball about financially to say for example, someone who saves lives every day......this is the amoral world we have been living in for a long time..... don't expect it to change overnight.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 10:23:35 AM »
Have I missed anything on the timing of this guys......is it all clubs vote on whether to end the season sometime this week and then if everyone is in agreement (is it by majority ?), 4 clubs vote on how to end it, sometime after that or have dates and timetables been laid down for the whole process so that we already have a date when it will be sorted?

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2020, 10:36:51 AM »
Clubs have until May 7th to vote on whether or not all remaining fixtures should be cancelled.
Then if that is approved it is a matter of voting on the options, which I don't believe have been published yet, on how to end the season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2020, 12:05:26 PM »
Sounds like kicking the can down the road in the hope that Leagues above them will decide what they are doing.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2020, 12:51:06 PM »
yep a long way down the road from the lynn news report last week saying we should hear by the end of this week?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2020, 05:59:43 PM »
Thanks Admin......well what a Charade...... I suspect this is to give time for The National League to "diligently" prepare the options ......in the vague hope that while they are being diligent, something else will turn up.
Do clubs really need 3 weeks to decide whether or not to end the season, given many contracts are about to end and there is no hope of match revenue for the remainder of this season ???

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 06:23:14 PM »
Article in NLP gives the 7th May date but says a decision could be made sooner if clubs get their votes in.  My guess is that it is some sort of constitutional thing within the National League that there is something like a maximum time limit for postal votes that they have to abide by.