Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 29432 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2020, 06:26:33 PM »
Thanks Tony.
Just been looking at York info and this has made it a little clearer for me. So eventually if the National league as a whole has voted to end the season, then there will be 32 clubs voting in one vote to determine how to end it...ie 24 from Premier and 4 each from north and south.

I had thought that North and South would have their own distinct vote.and that then the Premier would vote

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2020, 08:21:06 AM »
Has there been a decision on who those 2 x North and 2 x South Clubs are  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2020, 09:27:10 AM »
Normally there would be FOUR Teams Relegated from Vanarama National Premier and TWO Promoted. Unfortunately EFL2 are not Relegating but there is ONE Slot available in EFL2 as one team has gone bust??

According to my calculations AND if the Step 2 Vanarama National League played this with a straight bat/round ball:

Barrow (Premier) Promoted with a PPG 1.89 {Harrowgate in 2nd PPG 1.78}

At the Bottom 6 Teams have been considered as some teams have played fewer games and sit in the bottom group so here are the PPG's. FOUR to be Relegated:
League Position in ( )

(20)  Wrexham    PPG 1.62 Escape
(19)  Chesterfield PPG 1.15 Escape

(22)  Maidenhead PPG 1.078
(21)  Ebbsfleet     PPG 1.076
(23)  AFC Fylde    PPG 1.05
(24)  Chorley       PPG 0.68

Now the PROMOTIONS from:

North:
(2)  King's Lynn  PPG 2.00
(1)  York City      PPG 1.94

South:
(1) Wealdstone  PPG 2.12
(2) Havant & Waterlooville PPG 1.97

No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2020, 12:02:33 PM »
I will be really surprised if they go with the PPG model.   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »
Normally there would be FOUR Teams Relegated from Vanarama National Premier and TWO Promoted. Unfortunately EFL2 are not Relegating but there is ONE Slot available in EFL2 as one team has gone bust??

According to my calculations AND if the Step 2 Vanarama National League played this with a straight bat/round ball:

Barrow (Premier) Promoted with a PPG 1.89 {Harrowgate in 2nd PPG 1.78}

At the Bottom 6 Teams have been considered as some teams have played fewer games and sit in the bottom group so here are the PPG's. FOUR to be Relegated:
League Position in ( )

(20)  Wrexham    PPG 1.62 Escape
(19)  Chesterfield PPG 1.15 Escape

(22)  Maidenhead PPG 1.078
(21)  Ebbsfleet     PPG 1.076
(23)  AFC Fylde    PPG 1.05
(24)  Chorley       PPG 0.68

Now the PROMOTIONS from:

North:
(2)  King's Lynn  PPG 2.00
(1)  York City      PPG 1.94

South:
(1) Wealdstone  PPG 2.12
(2) Havant & Waterlooville PPG 1.97

With (if) EFL 2 not relegating, if there is promotion and relegation between NL and NLN/NLS, you’d imagine only 3 NL teams would be relegated, so that with 4 teams up they’d be up to full strength. Then there’d be a gap to fill in NLN/NLS. AFC Bury perhaps?

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »

What alternatives do you see B and G for determining promotion and relegation if null and void isn't used ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2020, 02:04:40 PM »

What alternatives do you see B and G for determining promotion and relegation if null and void isn't used ?

Hi Kes

None really, as I think it will be null and void, as disappointing that may be for us and York.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
Yes, B&G, it certainly seemed to be the favoured stance of the FA, who will have to ratify the decision, even tho a good number of National League chairman seem to be against it.

Be very interesting to see what these "diligently prepared" alternatives are won't it !

I would have thought that the 8 votes from N and S would be from mid table clubs who won't therefore be voting for their own benefit (?)

I will be disappointed for the club if the season is voided, but nowhere as disappointed as I would have been , had they not had that terrible dip in the last few games.

There must be serious doubts about the start of next season too, I would have thought. Clubs at this level cannot afford to play behind close doors and a vaccine seems a way off.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2020, 02:31:10 PM »
There must be serious doubts about the start of next season too, I would have thought. Clubs at this level cannot afford to play behind close doors and a vaccine seems a way off.

Yes, I agree with that.

Could the reason no decision has been made yet, be down to them waiting as long as they can, and they are keeping an eye on what they will be able to do next season.

Will it start late? Will is start at all? The Lockdown will end sooner or later, but the talk is that we won't then be back to normal. Social distancing is with us for a while. If that's the case, will they ban people from gathering in groups? Even if they allow large groups of 500 people (and they probably won't), how would clubs be able to survive with that enforced?

I know we would all like to know how this season is going to end, but imho how next season is going to start is just as important.

At the moment, communication is key for supporters. That's all we have to be going on with. Sadly that's something that the powers that be have never seemed to realise in the world of football.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/columnists/no-matter-how-you-crunch-the-numbers-this-pandemic-is-only-just-getting-started/ar-BB12Igrj?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=UP97DHP

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2020, 04:20:09 PM »
Coronavirus: Significant social distancing needed 'until vaccine found'

Reading this headline on the BBC website, season 20/21 could well be in doubt.   

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2020, 04:53:41 PM »
Coronavirus: Significant social distancing needed 'until vaccine found'

Reading this headline on the BBC website, season 20/21 could well be in doubt.   

Epidemiologist Professor Neil Ferguson, whose modelling of Covid-19 has formed Downing Street’s strategy, was asked about easing the measures. He told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: "I think the other thing I would say is that it really requires a single-minded emphasis in government and the health system on scaling up testing and putting in place the ability to track down cases in the community and contact-trace. Without that, our estimates show we have relatively little leeway. If we relax measures too much then we'll see a resurgence of transmission.

What we really need is the ability to put something in their place. If we want to re-open schools, let people get back to work, then we need to keep transmission down in another manner.

And I should say, it's not going to be going back to normal. We will have to maintain some level of social distancing – a significant level of social distancing – probably indefinitely until we have a vaccine available".

From what I have been reading, a Vaccine is 12 to 24 months away.   :dontknow:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2020, 05:06:45 PM »
Where Football is concerned can a  Club be closed and moth balled for say 12 months ?  I know this may seem ridiculous in the extreme but these are extreme circumstances we are dealing with. 

Be interesting to hear Stephen’s thoughts on the  potential  of this happening in his next blog.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2020, 08:16:35 PM »

Kes, just a little side note.

When Setch's lads won the title in 2012-2013, if the league had been cancelled with 8 games to go and it had been decided on PPG, Coalville would have been declared Champions.

Coalville would have finished with 2.23

Lynn would have finished with 2.17

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2020, 09:14:46 PM »
Yes B & G with football it's never over till its over.
Some people thought Lynn had it wrapped up even  before the Kidderminster game and then suddenly .........
If they were to get promoted now it would be fortuitous.....(but I suspect they would take it !!.) and to get nothing for their efforts would be really disappointing.... it's interesting tho watching from afar to see how the National League and other bodies deal with the situation........and maybe rules will be brought in so that in the event of something disrupting the season in future, be it weather/virus etc, everyone has the info as to the procedure, in advance.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2020, 09:24:57 PM »
If the vote should be to find a result from the season, then I think PPG is preferable to current placings. It would be interesting to know for how many games York and Lynn topped the table, also. They were obviously the 2 main protagonists up to the point of suspension..........but anyway it's only speculation and as we have already said, it maybe that there is no next season.