Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 13941 times)

Lindsays Boot and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

gs50

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #165 on: May 16, 2020, 03:23:03 PM »
This is like going back to the late 50s when you had to apply to get into the league and the league clubs never voted for for the non league club. Obviously yesterday they all got there  heads together and in order to ensure they all voted the same they decided no team would be relegated.

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2020, 08:14:05 PM »
There is more speculation on here than the BBC news !  Can anybody tell me when we will definitely know when, and if ,Lynn are promoted ? I'm getting confused (and old, so it may be connected).

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2020, 09:39:17 PM »
EFL have a further meeting this Monday, at which it is hoped League 2 situation may be finalised.......then it's over to the National League !!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 17, 2020, 02:27:49 PM »
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8326997/Chairmen-lower-league-clubs-discussing-radical-plan-split-League-Two-regions.html

Is a pretty reasonable plan. Seem’s likely Lynn would miss out if this came to pass, but in the long run I think is the right thing to do. 3 Nationwide leagues rather than the current 5.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 17, 2020, 06:46:18 PM »
Talk about reinventing the wheel......There used to be until I think 1958, division three north and south.

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 18, 2020, 02:10:06 PM »
Thank you for the information fellow supporters. The mist is slowly clearing.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2020, 06:39:18 PM »
Meanwhile, back in the Premier.

748 Premier players and staff from 19 clubs were tested for the virus over the past two days.

6 players from 3 clubs were tested positive!

Each club had 40 test kits, and some didn't use their full allocation.

The remaining clubs were tested today with the results back tomorrow, so the figure for positive tests could be higher than the 6 quoted.

Health officials claim its possible that 1 in 400 of the general population of the UK may have (or had) the virus.

According to my calculations, 6 positive from 748 tests is nearer to 1 in 125.

So, for some reason, do Premiership players belong to a higher risk group?   :dontknow:

Have some Premiership players (or their families) been ignoring social distancing and lock down rules?  :dontknow:

If the tests were carried out in lower leagues, would the results be similar?  :dontknow:

Why didn't clubs use the full allocation of test kits, when they have been in such short supply? Are they afraid what the results would show?  :dontknow:

Apparently some players refusing to return. I can't say I blame them!

If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Realist

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2020, 07:27:59 PM »
Just a huge shame that your well delivered stats were not about something important , an example would be the re-opening of schools ...football should wait..

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2020, 08:28:20 PM »
...football should wait..

I couldn't agree more!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 20, 2020, 08:13:22 AM »
After watching the sterile fayre served up from the Bundesliga at the weekend I wouldn’t get to excited about the return of Premier League Football.

More concerned about my grand kids going back to school and my daughter as a teacher.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 20, 2020, 09:03:10 AM »
After watching the sterile fayre served up from the Bundesliga at the weekend I wouldn’t get to excited about the return of Premier League Football.

More concerned about my grand kids going back to school and my daughter as a teacher.

If my children were still of school age, they wouldn't be returning. The Authorities could do and say what they want, but my children would remain at home at the moment.

The news this morning is all about the doubts that Schools will now re-open as planned.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2020, 09:33:36 AM »

Danny Rose says Premier League stars being treated like "lab rats" over restart.

Danny Rose believes Premier League stars are being treated like “lab rats” as they prepare to play through the coronavirus pandemic.

The Newcastle defender, on loan from Spurs, said: “People are suggesting we should go back to football, like we’re guinea pigs or lab rats.”

Rose’s comments come as six players across three clubs tested positive for the virus out of 748 in the first wave of top flight testing.

His fears also came as it emerged the Professional Footballers’ Association has asked the Premier League to conduct extra research into the possible effect of Covid-19 on black, Asian and minority ethnic players.

Speaking to The Lockdown Tactics podcast as Phase One of Project Restart begins this week, Rose added: “We’re going to experiment (in) this phase and see if it works or not.

“I can just imagine people at home saying, ‘Well they earn that amount of money so they should be going back’.”

The Premier League’s medical adviser, Mark Gillett, insists the league will be monitoring the risk to BAME players.

He said: “We will do everything we can to mitigate against [the risk] … as more information becomes available.

Burnley confirmed their assistant manager Ian Woan provided a positive test for coronavirus in Sunday's tests.

The 52-year-old was not displaying any associated symptoms prior to receiving his test results.

He will now self-isolate for seven days under guidance from the Premier League, with fresh tests expected to be scheduled for Monday.

Blueboy

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2020, 01:08:03 PM »
So what does Danny Rose think the front line staff have been doing for the past 7 weeks? Just to let him know that they have been working, many without having tests on a regular basis, like he will be getting. So if he doesn't want to " risk his health for peoples entertainment " then that's fine, as long as he doesn't expect to get paid.