Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 30056 times)

daleh

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #210 on: June 06, 2020, 04:51:52 PM »
I asked my fellow supporters on 16th May when we would know the outcome to our season. Here we are 3 weeks later and still none the wiser. Yes, I know the National League decisions are heavily influenced (or decided) by those 'higher' up the pyramid. And to a certain extent they are holding out as long as possible to ensure a correct and safe decision is made. But surely it's time for some sort of firm direction now. Clubs need to prepare for the new season which ,as I write, we have no firm knowledge as to it's format, size or even start date.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 06, 2020, 05:19:17 PM »
Some might say Ďwhatís the rush ?í  Itís not as though Football at Lynn level ( step two or even one) is likely to start anytime soon, if at all this year.

Then you look at scenes in Parliament Square in London ( and many other places) and think why not ?  We hear the all important r rate is back around 1 ( and even over 1 in some areas) abd wonder what is the point.   

Itís either legal or illegal to have mass gatherings, for whatever reason.  If thousands can pack into London and other Cities on protest rallies then why canít they pack into Football stadiums ?

Crazy Crazy World.   Boris and his other Circus performers must be very proud of themselves.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 06, 2020, 05:50:53 PM »
Didn't realise this had become a political forum.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 06, 2020, 10:26:48 PM »
Ah but they are Mall.....Boris has already stated in the Commons that he is very proud of his and his party's efforts.....

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 06, 2020, 10:30:05 PM »
Nobody mentioned politicians.  Itís circus performers that weíre cited !....

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 06, 2020, 10:41:59 PM »
Let's just be thankful we didn't get the alternative!

And even more thankful we don't live in Scotland!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 07, 2020, 08:20:54 AM »

Couldnít have done a worse job than old de Pfeffel.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 07, 2020, 09:23:57 AM »

Couldnít have done a worse job than old de Pfeffel.

I really wouldn't like to put it to the test!
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 07, 2020, 09:52:40 AM »
Some might say Ďwhatís the rush ?í  Itís not as though Football at Lynn level ( step two or even one) is likely to start anytime soon, if at all this year.

Then you look at scenes in Parliament Square in London ( and many other places) and think why not ?  We hear the all important r rate is back around 1 ( and even over 1 in some areas) abd wonder what is the point.   

Itís either legal or illegal to have mass gatherings, for whatever reason.  If thousands can pack into London and other Cities on protest rallies then why canít they pack into Football stadiums ?

Crazy Crazy World.   Boris and his other Circus performers must be very proud of themselves.

These protests are mass gatherings by irresponsible people of I suspect all political persuasions. Now, if the Government went at them with a heavy hand I think the Country would be faced with riots and mayhem. Hopefully the protester's actions will not have serious consequences (COVID-19) for them and the rest of us responsible people.

I hope that was politically neutral enough for those who know my true political leanings. :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 07, 2020, 10:44:34 AM »
Well said WestLynn. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 07, 2020, 01:27:57 PM »

These protests are mass gatherings by irresponsible people of I suspect all political persuasions. Now, if the Government went at them with a heavy hand I think the Country would be faced with riots and mayhem. Hopefully the protester's actions will not have serious consequences (COVID-19) for them and the rest of us responsible people.

I hope that was politically neutral enough for those who know my true political leanings. :laughcry: :laughcry:

Of course Black lives matter. All lives matter. These protest we are now seeing in the UK are irresponsible beyond belief.

Next Saturday, there was going to be the "Celebrate Kings Lynn" event in the Walks, but has been cancelled for obvious reason.

Apparently, the same week that this event has been booked for, and in the same location, there is now going to be a black lives matter protest.

Where's the logic in that?

Maybe we need to form a protest group called "all lives matter" which can start off by discouraging people from gathering and  protesting in such a manner during the current Pandemic.   :dontknow:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 07, 2020, 02:40:32 PM »

Of course Black lives matter. All lives matter. These protest we are now seeing in the UK are irresponsible beyond belief.

Next Saturday, there was going to be the "Celebrate Kings Lynn" event in the Walks, but has been cancelled for obvious reason.

Apparently, the same week that this event has been booked for, and in the same location, there is now going to be a black lives matter protest.

Maybe we need to form a protest group called "all lives matter" which can start off by discouraging people from gathering and  protesting in such a manner during the current Pandemic.   :dontknow:

Apparently JUNE 13 - Kings Lynn - Town Hall, 2pm  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :red card: :red card: :red card:

I know I won't see YOU there - Because I will not be there either.

:nilpoints:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 07, 2020, 03:07:12 PM »

Apparently JUNE 13 - Kings Lynn - Town Hall, 2pm  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :red card: :red card: :red card:

I know I won't see YOU there - Because I will not be there either.

:nilpoints:

We can not go together!

:laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 07, 2020, 07:01:29 PM »
I think there's bound to be one in Durham too....my eyesight's been dodgey all week.......

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 08, 2020, 07:25:08 AM »
When I see a white person or a person of Colour, what I see is a Human Being.