Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 31132 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #255 on: June 14, 2020, 08:19:48 AM »
 :banghead; :oldman" :farmer: I have been following all the shenanigans that have been going on with the EFL and the National League, firstly I must say that obviously LIFE is the most important issue here, and it should never be a bigger issue than 22 men/ women kicking a bag of wind around a football pitch, HOWEVER,  I do believe the time has come for the National League to finally make a decision as to what there plan is moving forward. Hopefully tomorrow they will make the final decisions regarding what they plan to do, and not delay the decisions anymore, personally I would like to see a PPG system used and also the team finishing 2nd on PPG (YORK CITY) also promoted, I know this is not going to be agreed by all, but CLUBS at our level need some clarity as to where and who, they will be facing next season,( as and when it's safe to resume). Clubs at our level do not have the money for testing players for COVID 19, hence why I would opt for the 2 up on PPG system.
     HOPEFULLY TOMORROW KLTFC WILL BE NATIONAL NORTH CHAMPIONS.
                   ONLY TIME WILL TELL, BUT LIFE MUST COME FIRST.
                                  :banghead; :cup2: :banghead; :cup2: :banghead;

daleh

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2020, 04:50:22 PM »
Wise words, wise words.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »
I am hearing now Tuesday, vote papers never went out, as Victor said.... I don't believe it!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2020, 11:22:38 AM »
Can kicked further down the road again.  This lot really are a joke.  Once this is sorted heads should roll.  This National League Committee/Board should not be anywhere near running a Football League.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 15, 2020, 12:00:16 PM »
I am hearing now Tuesday, vote papers never went out, as Victor said.... I don't believe it!
Haven't they heard of the internet?

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 15, 2020, 03:42:52 PM »
PATHETIC

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2020, 06:03:01 PM »
Wouldn't have been right to send them out as they initially were with no playoffs...now it appears forms have been sent out with play offs included. Hopefully enough will now vote for it... hopefully the 4 from N/S and most of the NL... don't suppose the bottom 4 inNL will vote for it, but at least its now similar to the EFL model.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2020, 07:03:20 PM »
Bottom 3 I would think KES.  4th bottom wonít be affected

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2020, 08:17:45 PM »
SC saying good news is on the way!

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2020, 09:05:04 PM »
Ollie Bayliss
@Ollie_Bayliss
BREAKING:

The National League has sent clubs the 'Ordinary Resolution'.

They've been asked to vote by Wednesday 5pm.

The Resolution remains mostly unchanged from last weekís draft.

It allows playoffs subject to 'government guidance'.

This is a summary of it:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2020, 08:52:56 AM »
So, again, which League (EFL 1, 2, National, NLNorth or NLSouth will run 1 x Team short due to BURY FC being expelled 2019-20 Season  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 16, 2020, 01:45:23 PM »
So, again, which League (EFL 1, 2, National, NLNorth or NLSouth will run 1 x Team short due to BURY FC being expelled 2019-20 Season  :dontknow:

Nonleague did try to answer this on another thread and whilst nothing is certain due to COVID19, in all likelihood a Bury team will be placed somewhere in the pyramid so hopefully nowhere will be a team short this coming season (obviously there could yet be further casualties anywhere from Championship down creating other 'spaces' but that is a separate issue). 

EFL divisions 1 is sorted by relegating one less than division 2 are promoting, division 2 will relegate just one with two coming up from the NL (to be confirmed this week?).  The expectation is that Bury will be placed in NLN (think there will be resistance on them being placed any higher) in which case there will only be 1 (or 3) relegated from NL with 2 (or 4) promoted into the NL.  Coming down will be Chorley (and Ebbsfleet & Fylde) so someone from the NLN will probably be reallocated to the NLS to even up the numbers.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 16, 2020, 04:35:03 PM »
Gracias Tony.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 16, 2020, 07:05:19 PM »
I donít know about anyone else but Iím suffering from withdrawal symptoms from not having a Stephen Cleeve podcast for, what is it now, 4 days?

Come on Stephen there must be something to report.   Having listened to a lot of them I must say the one that included Stephen trying to work out what the Majority of 32 was the highlight. :nilpoints: :laughcry:

In all seriousness during this time of lockdown any news on the Club is much appreciated.  A big Thank you Mr Chairman.   Get that chequebook ready for next season

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 17, 2020, 09:12:26 AM »
Something taken from Chester website, which I found interesting:

Chester FC can confirm that on Monday evening we received an ordinary resolution from the National League outlining their proposal to end the 2019/20 season and resolve the outstanding promotion and relegation situation at Steps 1 and 2 of The FA National League System.

As several media sources have highlighted since its distribution, this resolution proposes adopting an unweighted points per game model to determine the league champions and qualification for the play-offs. It also removes relegation from the National League North and South as well as ensuring the National League comprises 24 clubs for the 2020/21 season.

The resolution presented to clubs on Thursday 11th June has been amended so that play-offs can be used to decide the second promotion place for National League North and South, subject to compliance with Government guidance.

Clubs have until 5pm on Wednesday 17th June to respond to the ordinary resolution. The National League has been clear that should it be passed, this resolution does not confirm the play-offs will take place or that clubs will participate, but will enable discussions to continue about whether the play-offs can be legally and safely completed.

As a club Chester FC aspires to play at the highest possible level and our ambition at the start of the 2019/20 season was to achieve a play-off place with the aim of returning to the National League.

We strongly believe in upholding the sporting integrity of competition and would relish the opportunity to complete the campaign on the pitch, however we are in the midst of an unprecedented crisis and the primary focus of the Board is to ensure the long-term financial security of the Club which will be paramount in our decision making.

Before any decision can be taken about whether the Club will participate in the play-offs, the Board will seek from the National League a full breakdown of the financial commitments and operational requirements for clubs, including testing, the duration of the play-offs which will dictate player costs, the availability of any financial support for clubs and any matchday costs clubs will be expected to meet given the joint liability in place for play-off fixtures.

Only once all of this information has been received will the Board be in a position to fully assess the financial implications associated with participating in the play-offs.

The Board wishes to reiterate to our supporters that we will not risk the long-term financial sustainability of the Club and as such we must be in receipt of the full facts to enable an informed decision to be made.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!