Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 30829 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #285 on: June 17, 2020, 07:10:37 PM »
We are the champions!

Not quite yet, needs ratification.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 17, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »
Dilly an interesting comparison would be season 08/09 when we won the Southern Prem and compare the average League attendance to the following season when we were bottom half in National League North.

Admin do you have those figures ?
Average league attendance 07-08 when we won the Southern Prem 1148
the following season 986

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 18, 2020, 12:18:37 PM »
Thanks Admin - but that wasnít to the same level of opposition weíve now reached.  The war chest needs a focus or it will just dwindle to a halt IMO.  This is surely the time to galvanise people, at least those who could afford to donate the price of 2 pints and a coffee once a week, even in this era. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 18, 2020, 03:56:42 PM »
Fair comment, B & G.  The existing fund though, IMO, isnít focused or likely to bring in regular donations.  I just feel that the ďAdmissionĒ charge would make it regular and consistent.  BTW, I do appreciate that many people will feel the pinch, or even lose jobs in the current situation, but still perhaps many could do this...  ah well - each to their own opinion...

Everything should be considered. You won't know until you try.

Although I have doubts it would work, you should go for it. I'm sure nobody will have any problems if you use this website to promote it.

Good luck with it and keep us up to date with its progress.

:scarf:

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 18, 2020, 04:08:12 PM »
Yes go for it Dilly.  Even if you only raises 5k, thatís 5k less that the Chairman has to find.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 18, 2020, 05:37:51 PM »
Without having a 'pop' at DD's idea, I would disagree with B&G and Mallard in saying 'go for it'.  We (KLTFC supporters) are far too disjointed as it is without anyone and everyone setting up their own fundraising schemes, however well intentioned.  All fundraising should fall within the MO of the two existing groups - Trust (long term funding), FotL (current funding). 

Anyone doing their own thing will be doing so without any checks and balances in place and like the guy who ran his own bus for an away trip that ended in tears, also has the potential to do harm to the reputation of supporter fundraising and / or the club were anything to go wrong.  I would reiterate that I am not saying that would be this case in this instance as I have no idea DD personally but the Trust and FotL have constitutions for a reason.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 18, 2020, 05:47:16 PM »
If ever there was a time, it's now, let all fund  raising sections within the club start pulling together, let's not make this a one season wonder, come on, love each other, 1 league away from the football league.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 18, 2020, 05:52:15 PM »
Itís already there.  The War chest.  My suggestion is only a way, at least as I see it, of getting consistent donations into it.  Perhaps the War chest admins could set it up, if theyíre interested.  Itís not a replacement, but a way of finding 2,000 people who want us to really compete next season, and can afford to pay 7.50 per week into the war chest.  How do people pay into it now ?  Direct Debit account would need setting up, but, to be honest, itís beyond me  these days !  But just to ďenthuseĒ, if it got set up, the exciting (but prob optimistic) maths are ...  £7.50 x 2,000 x 52 weeks = £780,000 !  I know throughout the clubís history 2,000 donors would be a pipe dream, but we could have a lot more people interested now, in our untapped catchment area....

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2020, 06:26:59 PM »
Advert s in the Lynn News AND EDP ?  Iíll shut up now, but I think that excellent catchment area must now be tapped, & not just our current regulars.....

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 18, 2020, 06:33:47 PM »
Without having a 'pop' at DD's idea, I would disagree with B&G and Mallard in saying 'go for it'.  We (KLTFC supporters) are far too disjointed as it is without anyone and everyone setting up their own fundraising schemes, however well intentioned.  All fundraising should fall within the MO of the two existing groups - Trust (long term funding), FotL (current funding). 

Anyone doing their own thing will be doing so without any checks and balances in place and like the guy who ran his own bus for an away trip that ended in tears, also has the potential to do harm to the reputation of supporter fundraising and / or the club were anything to go wrong.  I would reiterate that I am not saying that would be this case in this instance as I have no idea DD personally but the Trust and FotL have constitutions for a reason.

I don't think the Chairman, and at the end of the day everything comes down to his decision, would agree with you on this one.

If he was thinking along those lines, surely he would have had fotl involved in war chest campaign.

If someone wants to attempt to raise money for the club, but for some reason does not want to be a Trust or fotl member, or to have any involvement with them, I can't see why this should stop them from doing so.

This does not mean that the individuals involved should not be checked though.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 18, 2020, 06:51:08 PM »
Why would proper checks need to be carried out ?

The FA deem that below step one owners donít need to be checked out before taking on a club so why would you want fans checked out ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 18, 2020, 06:55:23 PM »
The guy who organised the bus trip was doing what he thought was something for the fans.  Ok it was poorly organised etc.  Least he had a go.   Is he still banned from the Club, or has he now served his suspension ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 18, 2020, 07:50:30 PM »
Why would proper checks need to be carried out ?

The FA deem that below step one owners donít need to be checked out before taking on a club so why would you want fans checked out ?

:laughcry:

Good point!

:laughcry:

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 18, 2020, 11:42:33 PM »
OK, I can see all the snags brought up by others, and, coupled with the fact that I have neither the time nor the energy to carry it out myself, It is just a suggestion to those already helping the club with efforts like the war chest and ground improvement initiative.  Just two points to conclude the suggestion.......  One, we have for the first time, potentially a catchment area with no other pro-clubs with a league level capable of attracting  people who donít usually or ever come to The Walks, and , Two, only a focused system is likely to pull in the regular donations needed for the initiatives to succeed.    Bye !!   Finally, more congratulations to everyone involved in pushing the club on, from the Chairman down.  Magnificent achievement......

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 19, 2020, 04:45:50 AM »
There are already a way to  raise money in operation ,the twelve man which only had 12 people taking part and TFOTl ,the membership is party to say what surporters we have .i would welcome any new ideas to raise money to help run our great club