Author Topic: The big vote  (Read 30830 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: The big vote
« Reply #300 on: June 19, 2020, 08:31:06 AM »
It is a bit of a recurring theme at Lynn to see things very much under supportered.

Hill mentions the 12th man scheme  Poor result

50/50 draw.  When you look at the numbers coming through the gate and also look at what other clubs raise per head of the gate...... Again not great

Sponsor a seat idea ...... Donít think the take up of this was anything other than poor.

War chest fund.....,  no idea of the figures but again compared to other clubs.... nowhere near good enough.

Sponsor a square on the pitch ...... was this a sell out ?

Crowd funding. When lockdown accrued.... response,  limited I would say to be kind.

Why??

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 19, 2020, 08:49:48 AM »
If ever there was a time, it's now, let all fund  raising sections within the club start pulling together, let's not make this a one season wonder, come on, love each other, 1 league away from the football league.

I agree, but not in the sense of looking for promtion. Now is the time for everyone, fans and local businesses, to back King's Lynn because with the management team they've got and players, they can establish themselves as a National League club.

Everyone needs to look long term, and if King's Lynn spend say 3 years floating 10th-18th in the National League, that would absolutely amazing. Because you have to remember 1) where the club has come from, and 2) who they're competing with. A quick rise and you need establishing so attendances become consistently stable at a certain number. You are also competing against loads of ex football league clubs, whom will have bigger resources and better catchment areas.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 19, 2020, 08:51:10 AM »
Within the club, there must be someone who knows someone who has a business that could make KLTFC face masks.....say blue background, gold crest on front. These are now becoming mandatory. I have just bought  a different design one on line, 2 layers of cotton with polypropylene filter. All washable, came with 4 filters,  free delivery. Cost £7.50. The person is obviously making a profit at that price.

If club charged £9.99, could make £4/5 per mask and sell a few thousand of them...got to be worth looking at.......IMO Mall many of the fans don't have huge disposable income, would like to help the club out, but want something tangible for their outlay

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 19, 2020, 09:51:00 AM »
I agree with Non League in general, apart from his opinion that other clubs have better catchment areas.  I donít think there are many better catchment areas in the country.  More populated areas also have more choice of clubs and games, which couldnít be any help to the smaller clubs.  However, our area has something like 120,000 people with no other pro clubs for almost 40 miles, and more. If we draw a circle around the area in question , it would roughly encompass a map of Hunstanton and the NN coast, Fakenham, Swaffham, (even Dereham), Wisbech, KL, and back to Hunstanton - plus all the dozens of villages within that area.  Thatís a lot of football fans nearly all of whom have never considered going to The Walks because theyíre not attracted to the level.....   perhaps until now !  All financial initiatives must include that circle from now, and not just those people who already go to games.  It wouldnít disrespect or steal from the smaller semi-pro clubs mentioned, because fixture congestion could be deliberately avoided. ..... Thatís me for the day- too much mouth !! 

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 19, 2020, 05:03:36 PM »
Seems someone was listening DD, you (and anyone else wanting to) can now pay monthly into the War Chest

https://www.kltown.co.uk/single-post/2020/06/19/Monthly-Walks-War-Chest-Donation

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 19, 2020, 05:55:59 PM »
Looking at the schemes we have running at the moment the Duck is right they are all pretty poor our fans need to look at what they want out of their club and what they can do to help

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 19, 2020, 06:58:39 PM »
Not often we agree Hill.  Is it FOTL who are running all these fund raising schemes ?  If so maybe they need to have a rethink on how best to improve the offering. 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 19, 2020, 08:26:26 PM »
I couldnít agree more ,there needs new incentives on how to raise money and new blood is needed to come up with ways of doing it

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 19, 2020, 08:56:55 PM »
 When the club previously had an independent supporters club, they used to raise an incredible amount of money.

Nothing has come anywhere near it since.

Not sure if you will get the new blood you suggest under the current arrangement though.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 19, 2020, 09:10:40 PM »

Yes, remember those days and the money raised. If Club wants funds such as Darlo and others raised, maybe they should revisit the successful model used previously rather than the one currently in place which looks sadly lacking.  So maybe a combination of new blood with fresh ideas and enthusiasm coupled together with people like Gordon Chilvers from the past.   There was someone who not only talked the talk but walked the walk.

Now we have a full time Commercial Manager, Mark is in a perfect position to pull in the right people who could help him take the Club forward in a constructed and organised way.

Then Iím sure Stephen Cleeve would already be onto this with Mark. 

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 19, 2020, 09:24:01 PM »
Remember the end of season Marquee night?

Not only a fantastic event and a chance for the Supporters and players to get together, but I understand a great fundraiser in itself. The icing on the cake!

I know thereís people that come on this forum that used to be involved. Anyone willing to talk figures so the powers that be can see what they are potentially missing out on?
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

kenny r

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 19, 2020, 10:00:03 PM »
I think a figure of £14 grand was mentioned one year: raised from the sporting dinner with guest speaker on the Friday evening and a Northern Soul dance on the Saturday.

The marquee was then used for the end of season function on Sunday lunchtime

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 19, 2020, 10:24:34 PM »
Well it seems we have started the ball rolling on ideas keep them coming in ,your club needs your support

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 19, 2020, 10:38:59 PM »
I think a figure of £14 grand was mentioned one year: raised from the sporting dinner with guest speaker on the Friday evening and a Northern Soul dance on the Saturday.

The marquee was then used for the end of season function on Sunday lunchtime

Thanks Kenny.

14k over one weekend. About 20k in today's money.

Not bad for supporters that have apparently recently been described as Dinosaurs!   :laughcry:

:scarf:

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 19, 2020, 10:50:46 PM »
I couldnít agree more ,there needs new incentives on how to raise money and new blood is needed to come up with ways of doing it

Over to you Grissles.  :countingmoney: