Author Topic: Irrespective of current situation, its no wonder football is in trouble.  (Read 1738 times)

Squire of Langham

• View Profile
No Mallard, you can't blame the players they'll obviously take what they can.  It's the whole structure.  I think they'll be in for a shock as many unfortunately will find things very hard as a result of Coronavirus.  How can anyone seriously consider paying outrageous prices to watch the PL when they have a family to support.

Common sense and priorities in life must come first.

samsdad

• View Profile
Some interesting points made. As a kid I have always supported Lynn and Norwich (I know there is many who say you can't support both) BUT over the last few years if it was a chance to watch Lynn or Norwich, Lynn would always be my first choice.

It just feels more real if that makes sense, the money being spent at professional level is unsustainable and frightening..

The fact Norwich are furloughing staff is shocking in my opinion!

I hope to see non-league return when it is safe and that more people will back what is a fantastic club which has given me many enjoyable memories! (I also hope the beers a little better ;) )

It would be nice to see some sort of salary cap introduced in reflection of what is happening but I think we know it is unlikely. Make football about the fans not about money!