Author Topic: Going up !  (Read 2625 times)

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
Re: Going up !
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »
fantastic news for the club and all the Fans  never a dull moment being a Lynn fan

will we need to do any ground improvements  before the start of next season whenever that is

:cup2: :scarf: :cup2:

Colin Fuller

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 12:12:26 PM »
Congratulations to everyone involved in helping to create a very proud moment in the club’s history. It has been achieved against formidable odds and, very importantly, playing proper football in a league known for its physical approach.
The subject of ground improvements has been touched upon already. Can anyone enlighten me as to what needs to be done, if anything, to meet National League ground grading requirements?  Perhaps the club could make this clear so the Trust can consider a financial contribution towards any necessary improvements?

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 12:37:41 PM »
Huge congrats to the Chairman for his ambition and financial assistance, and to the management and players.  I knew Stephen meant business when he changed the colours back to Blue and Gold !  Unfortunately the club and the game itself are still under the yoke of this hideous pandemic, plus the economic hardship that it is likely to bring.  BUT, what great occasions approach if normality ever returns.  In the meantime, and to make sure we compete as well in the National as we did last season, we need to fill that war chest, with regular affordable donations.  Please take a look at the suggestion for doing that on pages 19 and 20 of the forum heading “the big vote”.  Surely there must be 2,000 people out there who could commit to this, including football fans in our big catchment area who are never, up til now, attracted to the Walks.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2020, 06:15:15 PM »
 :scarf: I really have been humbled, for our club with the amount of good wishes we have had. Over many years our football club in what ever guise it has been, has had many bad headlines, but all these good wishes and congratulations,just proves we as a club are not hated by all. Hopefully we will have many a good day out next season,as and when it is safe to proceed. :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2020, 07:00:37 PM »
I think the brand of Football that IC has introduced at the Club has won many Clubs fans over.  People have been very complimentary to the style and the way we have played the game.  We need to move heaven and earth to keep Culverhouse in situ.

We also have that underdog tag next to our name when we were in there punching against 8 Ex League Clubs.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2020, 06:25:04 AM »
Interview with Culverhouse about the promotion from 30:00 minutes in:

https://audioboom.com/posts/7611227-19th-june-2020-champions-wealdstone-kings-lynn-and-barrow

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2020, 08:11:58 AM »
I wonder if IC will go with your idea of getting on the end of those overhit crosses in The National League WLM ?

Then again maybe we will have players who won’t overhit them

Lots of reasons the ball ends up on the opposite side of the pitch - we need to be in the position to gather the loose ball and resume the attack and having the player there gives more options for the defence to worry about.

I also like the (tamworth?) tactic of having 3 or 4 players forward when the opposition is taking a corner - there to use the clearance and draws defenders back out of attacking positions and gives Pedro more room to gather the cross.

Tactics - If the work they were good and If they don't they were poor. But you have to mix it about.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 06:14:18 PM »
            :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: CHAMPIONS AGAIN  :cup2: :cup2: :cup2: :cup2:

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2020, 11:37:05 AM »
Strange      but not seen anything from auntie doris on here recently      probably coz there is nothing negative to talk about
Maybe just maybe    they would like to say well done and not all the negative comments they came out with before      just a thought  :welcome:

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2020, 12:55:46 PM »
Strange      but not seen anything from auntie doris on here recently      probably coz there is nothing negative to talk about
Maybe just maybe    they would like to say well done and not all the negative comments they came out with before      just a thought  :welcome:

There's nobody called Auntie Doris on here or ever posted on here from what I can see. Wrong site?   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2020, 01:46:56 PM »
'Aunty Doris' usually turns up (like a bad penny) on the live match feed posts and tries unsuccessfully to rattle the faithful.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »
'Aunty Doris' usually turns up (like a bad penny) on the live match feed posts and tries unsuccessfully to rattle the faithful.

Thanks Kes. I did wonder if that was the case. As I said, nothing to do with anything on here.   :scarf:

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!