Author Topic: Next season's squad  (Read 14139 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Next season's squad
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2020, 10:07:41 AM »
Now Lynn are at National League level we may attract loan players from Peterborugh (FBT?) as well as Norwich.

Ipswich, Cambridge Utd might also be willing to participate.  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2020, 01:56:33 PM »
Another example of a club taking a 'wait and see' approach to signing / recruitment

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/sport/short-term-survival-aim-for-hard-hit-whites-229324/

When you think of how many Dover players were on the pitch warming up before our cup game, cutting down to a squad of 16 (plus loanees) is going to be a substantial drop.  I think we are already above that number, without Jarvis or Marriott and in the EDP article about us speaking to Norwich about loanees, SC is quoted as saying we will bring in another couple of signings.  For me the main areas are right back and centre midfield, as even if Ryan signs I think the step up now at his age will be too big.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2020, 07:13:26 PM »
I see Jarv as a squad player next season.  To maybe be used for his experience from the bench.   At 34 Jarv won’t have the legs but sure has the brain.

Tony do you see Gashy in the same vein ?  He is only a couple of Months younger than Jarv.  With more teams in the National League it might be a huge ask for Gash to go Saturday, Tuesday.  I would like to see a similar sort of player to him, coming in.

I also think we will need a keeper for this level, as back up.  I guess most teams go with a keeper on the bench.

SC said on his latest Podcast that new signings in next week, which he was quite excited by. 

If Marriott doesn’t sign that’s 5 out from last season with only one in.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2020, 07:28:03 PM »
Wonder if we might see a player like Morgan Smith or Asante up front (both have already moved by the way to Gloucester and Kidderminster respectively) to partner Michael Gash and Dayle Southwell. Maybe there is a Norwich loanee who could provide the pace and holding power up front ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2020, 08:10:56 PM »
Not sure we can put a lot of faith in loaners from Norwich.  Be interesting to see who will be in charge there next season and with what back room staff.     Let’s remember players from
Norwich ( or any club ) are sent out on loan to benefit them and the player not the club who is taking them on loan.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2020, 08:28:38 PM »
Can personally see a couple of loanees coming in from somewhere...a means of getting higher quality for lower cost... take someone like Carlton Morris for example....plenty of athleticism and power, not quite a Championship player, but regularly loaned out at League 1...last year MK Dons with Russell Martin in charge there. Someone similar and less experienced might be happy to come to Lynn and give Gashy the last 20 minutes off in some games.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2020, 09:18:56 AM »

I also think we will need a keeper for this level, as back up.  I guess most teams go with a keeper on the bench.

Good spot Mallard!

:laughcry:

Apparently Archie Mair, Canaries under 23 keeper, to sign on a year long loan.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2020, 10:27:37 AM »
 :salute:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2020, 01:27:47 PM »
Was expecting loanees from Norwich to be outfield players, but we obviously need a back up keeper.
Shame Mall isn't convinced about these Norwich loanees as we are just about to get one.
 :laughcry: :laughcry:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2020, 02:10:38 PM »
That last exchange between Mallard and Blue and Gold, had me smiling.... was a little like an old club act...one sets it up, the other knocks it off......... don't suppose you have any other positions in mind where Lynn need strengthening Mall.....then B&G can let us know who's coming in to fill them, he he !

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2020, 02:24:18 PM »
That last exchange between Mallard and Blue and Gold, had me smiling.... was a little like an old club act...one sets it up, the other knocks it off......... don't suppose you have any other positions in mind where Lynn need strengthening Mall.....then B&G can let us know who's coming in to fill them, he he !

Talking about double acts Kes, who's your straight man these days now Stan no longer posts? Didn't he move home and go into rented accommodation?

Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2020, 02:34:13 PM »

Talking about double acts Kes, who's your straight man these days now Stan no longer posts? Didn't he move home and go into rented accommodation?

I heard he had moved into cellar under the stand,plenty of room for his buckets. I swear I heard someone singing the Phantom of the opera when I walked past the other day. :cheers: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2020, 02:46:17 PM »

Have to let the EDP have a few exclusives KES. As long as ‘Shoes’ stays in situ we should be ok.  If that changes, then who knows.

With the new lad coming in will certainly keep Pedro on his toes.   

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2020, 08:57:42 PM »

Yes, having to do the circuit on my own at the minute, but plenty of people to consider for the role, what with furloughs and the like. Was speaking to a former easyJet pilot a couple of weeks ago....he's become a painter/decorator during lockdown...so he gave me a great quote to do the interior of my home. Nice job, particularly good on the landing....boom boom ching.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2020, 08:49:24 AM »
Get ya coat KES.   :laughcry:  :nilpoints: