Author Topic: Next season's squad  (Read 7773 times)

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Re: Next season's squad
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2020, 11:28:58 AM »
With Jarvis, I wonder if his delay may be because he still wants to play most weeks, and if we end up in the NL, rather than NLN, he’d probably only be viewed as a squad player at best. He’s been a fantastic player for the club, but over the last two years he’s just not quite what he was; father time and all that.

So, my guess is that we’ll only end up keeping one of Marriott and Jarvis, depending on which league we end up in, for slightly different reasons. (Am willing to be wrong on this.)

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2020, 02:20:32 PM »
Ward is the one that has struck me as odd, with Fryatt gone. Fryatt is clearly the better player, makes me wonder if Fryatt wanted to go elsewhere, or if his injury has permanently crocked him. Either would be a shame for such a long-serving player...

Game of opinions LL, for me I would have Ward well above Fryatt but appreciate other people look for different qualities.  Personally I think Fryatt was a good defender at step 3 but struggled stepping up to NLN, Ward certainly isn't a nailed on step 2 player but more capable of holding a place in the squad, if we move up to NL then I would worry but same could be said of others in that retained list.

If club did go up and were able to get Marriott on a new deal, adding 2-3 players and the squad would be strong enough to compete in NL IMO. They showed against Ebbsfleet and Dover that the gap to those sides isn't much (if anything at all), so adding a couple of strong players for that level and there's no reason why Lynn couldn't stay up (if they were promoted), which would be a huge achievement for the club.

samsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2020, 02:34:12 PM »
Absolutely agree, 2-3 more and we would compete for sure.

As for Jarvis and not being who he was, I think people underestimate how good he is for Lynn, his ability to watch the game and play simple balls is fantastic, a few times this season his presence has calmed us down when it has been needed.

His vision, ball playing ability and leadership next to a midfield with a fit Clunan for example would still very much do a job. I hope they both sign.

Lets hope soon we have a decision on what will happen next season then we can count down the days til we are allowed to go back to the ground and have a beer/greasy burger!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2020, 05:53:23 PM »
I suspect that there will be a number of options available should Marriott not sign. This squad has been creating a hatful of chances over the past 2 seasons and a good forward playing alongside Gash should find the net regularly enough. Marriott has performed really well, but plenty of chances that fell to him, also went begging....if he doesn't sign I would be confident of Lynn finding a good replacement.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 09:58:26 PM »
I wonder if Norwich are also waiting on news before they loan Lynn Simon Power and or A N Other  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Bluboy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2020, 10:59:54 PM »
I suspect that there will be a number of options available should Marriott not sign. This squad has been creating a hatful of chances over the past 2 seasons and a good forward playing alongside Gash should find the net regularly enough. Marriott has performed really well, but plenty of chances that fell to him, also went begging....if he doesn't sign I would be confident of Lynn finding a good replacement.
Agree love to see maz stay but we  just can’t rely on him if we go up , Southwell may take on the challenge

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2020, 12:43:58 PM »
Lynn news walks war chest,chairman announces similar scheme as darlington and others.Also edp has a bit from Ryan Jarvis.

wearywillie

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2020, 03:10:47 PM »
Strange that the opening post on this topic should mention the prudent approach of Gloucester City toward the resumption of National League football.

Within the last few days, Gloucester has announced the signings of goalkeeper Jake Cole from Maidstone, midfielder George Carline from Solihull Moors plus striker Akwasi Asante from Chester.  Asante has previously been mentioned in similar terms of demand as that of our Adam Marriott.

Just for good measure Glouster City are also moving into a new stadium of their own.             

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2020, 01:47:59 PM »
Reports are that Gloucester are benefitting from moving back to the town having been away for a long time so extra investment / sponsorship being made available.  On one of the national forums a Gloucester fan also said there has been a fair bit of churn so those lads are not 'additions' as such but replacing players who have left the club.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2020, 07:31:27 PM »
Any knowledge of Simon Power ?  I personally think he was the standard we will need in the National, should we get there.  He was outstanding in some games, although I recall (was it) Gloucester stymying him by a forest of legs in a ten man defence when needed.  But they stopped all our team that day.  Any news appreciated....

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2020, 05:33:33 PM »
Short interview with Adam Marriott in today’s NLP.    Waiting to see what offers come in.  In a nutshell.

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2020, 06:07:16 PM »
Short interview with Adam Marriott in today’s NLP.    Waiting to see what offers come in.  In a nutshell.

:oldman" :farmer: :scarf: So by that Mal, we are his fall back plan, as much as I,and I am sure most would want him to stay, my opinion is if we are not now deemed good enough to commit too, on your bike. After the situation all football clubs have been through in the last few weeks, we can not and should not break the bank for one player. As mentioned in many previous posts there will be many,many players dropping out of the professional game come June, so I am sure Mr. Culverhouse and co can provide us with another striker.  :farmer: :oldman" :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2020, 06:35:11 PM »
That may well be the case. 

If we have made him an offer which is he not happy with can anyone really blame the lad for testing the market to see if he can get a few bob more ?

We are mid June, and IF the new season doesn’t start till late Sept early Oct, is there any real rush to get anyone on board. 

Marriott did say Kings Lynn have been brilliant to me’. Happy you would think to keep being looked after.  Then again .....

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2020, 09:23:27 PM »
Personally I don't feel Lynn should leave their offer "on the table" to Adam Marriott for long. They have the core of the side together already......maybe 2/3 additions from clubs at NL or EFL2 level, that become available due to the current situation   and/or a couple of Norwich loanees will be required to freshen things up. It might be time for a new striker at The Walks, perhaps they are already looking.....

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2020, 09:14:51 AM »

:oldman" :farmer: :scarf: So by that Mal, we are his fall back plan, as much as I,and I am sure most would want him to stay, my opinion is if we are not now deemed good enough to commit too, on your bike. After the situation all football clubs have been through in the last few weeks, we can not and should not break the bank for one player. As mentioned in many previous posts there will be many,many players dropping out of the professional game come June, so I am sure Mr. Culverhouse and co can provide us with another striker.  :farmer: :oldman" :scarf:

Personally I don't feel Lynn should leave their offer "on the table" to Adam Marriott for long. They have the core of the side together already......maybe 2/3 additions from clubs at NL or EFL2 level, that become available due to the current situation   and/or a couple of Norwich loanees will be required to freshen things up. It might be time for a new striker at The Walks, perhaps they are already looking.....

I wouldn't disagree with either of these opinions.

Maybe a subtle hint as such by IC in this Lynn News article?   :dontknow:

https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/lofty-status-could-be-a-lure-for-players-joining-linnets-9113772/
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!