Author Topic: Next season's squad  (Read 14104 times)

KES80

• View Profile
Re: Next season's squad
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2020, 02:42:30 PM »
Agreed...for "used " read given a chance to prove his worth.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2020, 03:50:48 PM »
Ryan Jarvis is on list of players on club website

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 27, 2020, 04:22:16 PM »
If IC is saying he is looking to add a midfield player then this could well be the lad Power.   We got a small taste of Simon Power last season and lad looks to have a shed load of improvement in him.  Would we not enjoy having that improvement onboard next season ?

As for looking for another Central defender. That seems to indicate the lad Fleming will be loaned out ( Dereham ?).   Think he was playing step 4 last season ( on loan), so to jump from that level to step 1 is a huge ask.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2020, 12:28:19 PM »
IC did say he was looking to add a lot of pace to the squad.....Loza provides some, but presumably at least one of the 2 to come in will be pacey.

Is he thinking of playing Power in midfield or does he have someone else in mind.......I can't see Power as a midfielder myself, (with that pace he will be running beyond the forward line most of the time ! )but could be wrong........we do know of a pacey midfielder playing for Halifax at the moment. (?)

Think Fleming could be used in front of the back 4, as and when required.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2020, 04:16:10 PM »
Cameron King on Twitter saying he is leaving Halifax, general impression on their forum seems to be however good he was when he did play, they might be better off / more settled without a player not able to play a full 90mins / two games in a week (particularly with a shortened season and more midweek fixtures).  Will we take a chance on him?  Personally I don't think there is a place in the squad with what we currently have and gaps elsewhere but appreciate others may see things differently

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2020, 04:36:12 PM »
King started 32 games in a curtailed season Tony.  Scoring 7 goals.  I’d take that from a midfield player.    First hand experience of the National League as well.

Like you say all about opinions

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2020, 04:50:08 PM »
Love to see him come back to us.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2020, 05:02:44 PM »
King started 32 games in a curtailed season Tony.  Scoring 7 goals.  I’d take that from a midfield player.    First hand experience of the National League as well.

Henderson 7 from 27 league starts, although appreciate that was in a lower league but would you bring in a player with 'questions' concerning his fitness to effectively replace a player who was named in the NLN side of the season?  Can't see how you can fit both in the starting 11 plus we have Loza, Kelly and Carey in that area.  We can only put 11 on the pitch and however much we might like to have 'options' they all have to be paid for somehow and I think we need a centre half first.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2020, 05:09:23 PM »
King was offered a new contract by Halifax ........I strongly suspect he is part of the extra pace IC was talking about and is his missing midfielder....that would just leave the defender to sign ,which IC has identified, to complete the squad.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2020, 05:11:49 PM »

Henderson 7 from 27 league starts, although appreciate that was in a lower league but would you bring in a player with 'questions' concerning his fitness to effectively replace a player who was named in the NLN side of the season?  Can't see how you can fit both in the starting 11 plus we have Loza, Kelly and Carey in that area.  We can only put 11 on the pitch and however much we might like to have 'options' they all have to be paid for somehow and I think we need a centre half first.

Though with at least 2 games a week all season, you’ll expect to see the squad being used more. I would say that King when he was here was a better player than Henderson was last year (though he was team of the season good). Whether King still is, I couldn’t say.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2020, 05:48:30 PM »
Think King is a different type of player to Hendo.  I see King as a player who can pick a pass and sees openings before they are there.

Have to think that with a 20 man squad that we are paying good money for we won’t be ‘carrying’ any players.  We should have strong competition for places throughout the team.  Only have to look at the Keeper situation.  Pedro had the shirt , come what may.  Not going to be the case this season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 01, 2020, 06:42:47 PM »
I think we need a centre half first.

Think that one is sorted Tony.  My money is on the lad McFadden

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 01, 2020, 07:51:21 PM »
I think we need a centre half first.

Think that one is sorted Tony.  My money is on the lad McFadden

Well, reading the Pink 'un article, it looks as if he's the one.

Wants to be in Norfolk, Partner is from Tasburgh, and quotes that he's worked with Cully and that Lynn are flying.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 02, 2020, 09:02:11 AM »
So IC has ordered a double Big Mac for next season.   ( Chris, favour returned  :thanks:)

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 02, 2020, 09:13:10 AM »

King going to Cambridge?   :dontknow:
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!