Author Topic: War Chest appeal.  (Read 4018 times)

somerset linnet

• View Profile
Re: War Chest appeal.
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2020, 10:44:11 AM »
Interesting read B&G. It seems logical but will any of the clubs take it onboard,I sincerely hope they do.

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2020, 12:03:18 PM »
Interesting read B&G. It seems logical but will any of the clubs take it onboard,I sincerely hope they do.

Well, as we know, its not just The Championship and EFL that this applies to.

Common sense....................you can't spend more than you earn (well, not forever).
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2020, 03:58:34 PM »
Is there a running total somewhere ?

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Observing the Ubermensch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2020, 05:16:15 PM »
Is there a running total somewhere ?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a plan to show a running total. There may be one out there somewhere but Ive not seen one.
Don't stop and never give up. If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2020, 05:49:55 PM »
I would like to donate on a monthly basis, but not until I know that there will be a full and transparent remit as to where the money is going.  :scarf: :scarf:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2020, 05:57:01 PM »
I would like to donate on a monthly basis, but not until I know that there will be a full and transparent remit as to where the money is going.  :scarf: :scarf:

I think there may be a few of us in that position SL, that is why I have suggested the War Chest (and any fan contribution fundraising) should be a FotL campaign - the club would still get the cash (as that is the whole MO of the FotL) but it would then be clearly reported, as a minimum, at the Friends AGM and any questions about (any) scheme's operation could be brought up at the AGM and at £5 membership isn't financially prohibitive.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2020, 09:01:58 PM »

I think there may be a few of us in that position SL, that is why I have suggested the War Chest (and any fan contribution fundraising) should be a FotL campaign - the club would still get the cash (as that is the whole MO of the FotL) but it would then be clearly reported, as a minimum, at the Friends AGM and any questions about (any) scheme's operation could be brought up at the AGM and at £5 membership isn't financially prohibitive.

I have mentioned previously thar maybe they put the price of membership up to £10,and become a social club. :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2020, 11:14:37 PM »

I have mentioned previously thar maybe they put the price of membership up to £10,and become a social club. :dontknow:

Griss, sorry but I don't understand the logic of changing the FotL from it's current format - everyone know what it is there to do and whilst there may be differing opinions about how well it achieves its aims, those aims are reasonably well understood - what would a 'social club' do?  Personally if the FotL moved away from it's stated aims of co-ordinating supporters to help raise revenue funds for the football club then I probably wouldn't renew my membership.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2020, 02:31:36 AM »

Griss, sorry but I don't understand the logic of changing the FotL from it's current format - everyone know what it is there to do and whilst there may be differing opinions about how well it achieves its aims, those aims are reasonably well understood - what would a 'social club' do?  Personally if the FotL moved away from it's stated aims of co-ordinating supporters to help raise revenue funds for the football club then I probably wouldn't renew my membership.

As we are a far bigger team than when the FOTL was brought in to being,and I feel it needs to grow with the club? And a way to do that would be to increase the size of the committee slightly,raise subs to £10 a year,form a sub committee to organise social club events? :dontknow: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2020, 01:47:27 PM »
As we are a far bigger team than when the FOTL was brought in to being,and I feel it needs to grow with the club? And a way to do that would be to increase the size of the committee slightly,raise subs to £10 a year,form a sub committee to organise social club events? :dontknow: :scarf:

No problem with the idea of a FotL sub-committee to run some social event fundraisers so long as it compliments / doesn't distract from their main activity.  Not sure on numbers or who is on the FotL committee but certainly something that could be brought up at the AGM.  Don't really see the need to increase the subs - keep it as accessible as possible imo and allow those that are willing to contribute a bit more, through 12th man, pitch squares, 100 club, to do so.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2020, 05:55:28 PM »
The membership of the fotl  for a club our size is pathetic we need to attract more members to join the F O T L we need a drive to recruit more members

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2020, 02:36:55 PM »
The membership of the fotl  for a club our size is pathetic we need to attract more members to join the F O T L we need a drive to recruit more members

Soon be time for the AGM won't it, maybe some ideas could be thrown around there, after the members meeting perhaps non members could come in,and chat? Also throw a few more pennies behind the bar? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

bobbyskins

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2020, 04:15:52 PM »
Would it be possible to make it so could join online rather than download a form and post it. A lot more would probably join if it was easier.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »
Would it be possible to make it so could join online rather than download a form and post it. A lot more would probably join if it was easier.

Maybe contact one of the committee members through the facebook page?